Bus terminals are closing. Greyhound Trail Ways and others.

lg325

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2020
Florida's Past
I have used them a few times over the years and found them a comfortable and affordable way for a working-class guy like me to travel.
From its article, it looks like the same big money groups buying out residential properties are also buying up bus terminals in big cities.
The bus companies are relying on smaller terminals way out side the city and far from city public transportation. Biden said that the feds are
improving infrastructure but this issue says different. Millions of Americans depend on the Bus service and it seems like in other areas Big Corp. is taking over everything that's convenient to the working man.

Last edited:
I have used them a few times over the years and found them a comfortable and affordable way for a working-class guy like me to travel.
From its article, it looks like the same big money groups buying out residential properties are also buying up bus terminals in big cities.
The bus companies are relying on smaller terminals way out side the city and far city public transportation. Biden said that the feds are
improving infrastructure but this issue says different. Millions of Americans depend on the Bus service and it seems like in other areas Big Corp. is taking over everything that's convenient to the working man.

Working men aren't part of the elite--they're not supposed to travel. No cars, no public transport but you can walk or ride your bicycle--don't forget to mask, just like China.

This article conflates private transportation services with municipal bus services. Using the former "a few times over the years" does not justify government subsidies.

Wait a minute, The vegetable rode Amtrak every day and they received gov't subsidies from its inception until the current day. Hmmm.
Amtrak is not a municipal bus service. It is more like a public utility, but that doesn't mean that its gov't subsidies have been well spent.

I just checked and was startled to find a Trailways through my town an hour from Las Vegas.

I would hire a limo service if I did want to drive.

Last edited:
The bus companies are relying on smaller terminals way out side the city and far from city public transportation. Biden said that the feds are

the bus? why not just get the chauffer to take you?

They need to be made great again.....Get the great unwashed and ill-dressed out of the skys.
Include the nutty buddies. Trapped 1000ft in the air with a cook is one of the reasons I do not fly. Witha bus they just push a button and the police will be waiting up ahead.

I have never seen a chauffeur much less used one. I am as the saying goes from the wrong side of the tracks.
the flight from flooded new orleans to el paso was bad enough. we escaped their stadium and headed to the bus station, which i had seen on the bus from the airport.

the bus from texas to phoenix, still damp and dirty from a week of survival in a dead city was fairly miserable.

Forum List

Back