Burning Qurans and Bibles

The left will never admit to this glaring fact.......Christians are much much more tolerant than muslims.

But ironically the disproportionate amount of intolerance towards Muslims, here on USMB (and elsewhere), is demonstrated by the right,

who love also to claim they are better Christians than the left.

Well, it is said that those who do not believe in Jesus CHrist shall perish. Pretty important to let Muslims know that sort of thing. It gets complicated when those same Muslims threaten to kill you for your faith.

So whether I believe the Christian or Muslim crazies religion, I will perish. Thanks for showing the simulariity of the two crazy faiths.

You would just have us be tolerant of them and let them perish? What sort of love is that?

Tolerance isn't a Christian "crusade" by Bush into the Wilderness, or the attempted genocide of Muslims.

But ironically the disproportionate amount of intolerance towards Muslims, here on USMB (and elsewhere), is demonstrated by the right,

who love also to claim they are better Christians than the left.

Well, it is said that those who do not believe in Jesus CHrist shall perish. Pretty important to let Muslims know that sort of thing. It gets complicated when those same Muslims threaten to kill you for your faith.

So whether I believe the Christian or Muslim crazies religion, I will perish. Thanks for showing the simulariity of the two crazy faiths.

You would just have us be tolerant of them and let them perish? What sort of love is that?

Tolerance isn't a Christian "crusade" by Bush into the Wilderness, or the attempted genocide of Muslims.

You really need to learn the meaning of words there ass hate.

Attempted Genocide. lol

You really need to learn the meaning of words there ass hate.

Attempted Genocide. lol

Yes, I know the word quite well ass hat. I can't fix blind or stupid ~ sorry for your short sighted imbecilic view.

The left will never admit to this glaring fact.......Christians are much much more tolerant than muslims.

How much more?:eusa_hand: Christians were intolerant of Native American, Blacks, Mexican, gays, Jews and Catholics and now Muslims? Muslims only hate Americans because of America's foreign policies in the Middle East. Sometimes I feel like I am talking to a bunch of retarded children.

I think you're confusing the government of the USA with Christians. It was Christians who led the movement to end slavery.

I don't know where you get your info but you're gonna have to provide some sources to back up that bullshit.

Thanks for your quiet response to my excited one! Perhaps where we may each live may dictate our response to what we have both witnessed. The far right here is more than intolerant, hateful in many, many cases. But, as you point out, that is an opinion and perhaps incorrect.

First thing you have to realize is that just because someone claims to be far right, does not mean they are. I am sure we both can point to people who claim to be one thing, and behave totally the opposite. That said, there is plenty of intolerance on the far right, and some of them are hateful. They do not represent the right any more than rdean represents the left.

As long as you remember that you can be wrong, something I remind myself as often as I can, you can continue to learn and grow.

That is good advice for all of us.

And, Jack Fate? Yes, it was Christians who did all those bad things yet also led the fight for abolition. And it was the non-Christian president who issued the Emancipation Proclamation.

That is good advice for all of us.

And, Jack Fate? Yes, it was Christians who did all those bad things yet also led the fight for abolition. And it was the non-Christian president who issued the Emancipation Proclamation.
The Abolitionists - Christian History & Biography - ChristianityTodayLibrary.com
One reason abolitionists are forgotten is that they were inescapably Christian in their motives, means, and vocabulary. Not that all abolitionists were orthodox Christians, though a large proportion were. But even those who had left the church drew on unmistakably Christian premises, especially on one crucial point: slavery was sin. Sin could not be solved by political compromise or sociological reform, abolitionists maintained. It required repentance; otherwise America would be punished by God. This unpopular message rankled an America that was pushing west, full of self-important virtue as God’s darling.
It remains an unpopular message today. Popular American history finds it much easier to assimilate Abraham Lincoln’s cautious, conscience-stricken path than to admire the abolitionists’ uncompromising indictment of their country’s sin. Yet without the abolitionists’ thirty years of preaching, slavery would never have become the issue Lincoln had to face.
:D

No evidence that "It remains an unpopular message today. Popular American history finds it much easier to assimilate Abraham Lincoln’s cautious, conscience-stricken path than to admire the abolitionists’ uncompromising indictment of their country’s sin" is the unpopular message for Americans today. Simply wing nut propaganda, and that the other destructive behaviors of Manifest Destiny by Christian America is ignored.

You have to examine the whole story, but you are selective as Shadow who has shrunk.

muslims protest
610x.jpg

Christians protest
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47V-dpiLM78&feature=related]YouTube - Glenn Beck's 8 28 Restoring Honor Rally Part 1 CSPAN at Lincoln Memorial Washington D.C[/ame]

You saw how many Christians protested over the last few years, screaming and yelling and acting stupidly,

You are being selective and unbalanced, Jack Fate.

Bullfighter is in love with Mexico. He wants Texas to Southern California to rejoin it. :lol:

I seem to remember several years ago, before 9/11, some controversy over a painting of a Black woman, who was supposed to represent the Virgin Mary, splattered with elephant dung. I forget what the message was supposed to be, but to a lot of Catholics, this was about as offensive as you can get. The mainstream media, however, basically portrayed Catholics and others who were offended as unsophisticated bumpkins who didn't have an appreciation for modern "art." And that was the whole point of the story: even though highly offensive to a MAINSTREAM GROUP (Catholics make up roughly 25% of the population in the US), artists had the right to express themselves no matter what.

And here we are, roughly 10 or so years later, and now the media is saying that we should be sensitive to other religions.

No, I don't advocate burning Bibles, Qurans or any other religious books, and no, I don't think a painting with elephant shit splattered on it is art. I'm just pointing out that it seems that if it's anything that offends the majority religion in the US (the various versions of Christianity), then it's a matter of getting in step with the 21st century. But if it's going to offend some other religion, in particular one that still clings to 12th century standards for the treatment of women, the definition of religious dedication, etc., well, wait, slow the hell down and be aware of these sensitivities!

I don't get it.

I guess you must not really have been paying attention then. The painting, which was part of the Sensation exhibit that was on loan to the Brooklyn Museum caused a ridiculous amount of outrage - with protests outside led by then-Mayor Giuliani, and a man attacking the painting with a bucket of white paint.

There was just as much, if not more of an uproar and "OUTRAGE" about that as there was about the Koran burning.

Bullfighter is in love with Mexico. He wants Texas to Southern California to rejoin it. :lol:

What did you burn on 911? Your draft card?

On 9-11 I went to church to pray for the dead and injured and damaged families.

Then many others and I ensured the families of our soldiers reporting to the armory were being taken care of.

What did you do?

[

Then many others and I ensured the families of our soldiers reporting to the armory were being taken care of.

What did you do?

I diligently scanned the internet for more evil Mexican plots against the American people whose descendants fought all the wars for hundreds of years just so Latinos can slither on their bellies under the radar of a great democracy.

Did you go out for cake and coffee afterwards?

I guess you must not really have been paying attention then. The painting, which was part of the Sensation exhibit that was on loan to the Brooklyn Museum caused a ridiculous amount of outrage - with protests outside led by then-Mayor Giuliani, and a man attacking the painting with a bucket of white paint.

There was just as much, if not more of an uproar and "OUTRAGE" about that as there was about the Koran burning.

This is why modern day liberals look like idiots.

The response to a piece of offensive art was protests, and someone deface the art itself.

The response to an offensive cartoon depicting Mohammad with a bomb in his turban was death threats, and attacks on Danish embassies throughout the world.

If you are incapable of seeing the difference between these two I am not the one that has a problem.

This is why modern day liberals look like idiots.

The response to a piece of offensive art was protests, and someone deface the art itself.

The response to an offensive cartoon depicting Mohammad with a bomb in his turban was death threats, and attacks on Danish embassies throughout the world.

If you are incapable of seeing the difference between these two I am not the one that has a problem.

If you are incapable of reading what I wrote instead of what you seem to want me to write, there's nothing I can do to help you.

[

What did you do?

I diligently scanned the internet for more evil Mexican plots against the American people whose descendants fought all the wars for hundreds of years just so Latinos can slither on their bellies under the radar of a great democracy.

Did you go out for cake and coffee afterwards?

OK, you a troll, but not a droll troll, rather a dull troll. Really, BR, you are boring.

Forum List

Back