Burning Qurans and Bibles

Attorney General Eric Holder called it "idiotic" and "dangerous." Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says it is "disrespectful." A State Department spokesman called it "un-American." President Obama weighed in that "this is a destructive act."

The Obama administration is roundly denouncing plans to burn copies of the Quran. Christian leaders rightly condemn it as "appalling" and "disgusting" and say it "violates both our Christian and American identities."

So why the silence when Bibles were burned?

Read complete OP here: American Thinker: Burning Qurans and Bibles

when and where were the bibles burned? are they made up of straw?

(CNN) May 22, 2009 — Military personnel threw away, and ultimately burned, confiscated Bibles that were printed in the two most common Afghan languages amid concern they would be used to try to convert Afghans, a Defense Department spokesman said Tuesday.
The unsolicited Bibles sent by a church in the United States were confiscated about a year ago at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan because military rules forbid troops of any religion from proselytizing while deployed there, Lt. Col. Mark Wright said.
Such religious outreach can endanger American troops and civilians in the devoutly Muslim nation, Wright said.
“The decision was made that it was a ‘force protection’ measure to throw them away, because, if they did get out, it could be perceived by Afghans that the U.S. government or the U.S. military was trying to convert Muslims,” Wright told CNN on Tuesday.
Troops at posts in war zones are required to burn their trash, Wright said.
The Bibles were written in the languages Pashto and Dari.

Ah...so NOT in America. Gotcha.

The left sees muslims as victims of the oppresors....western Christian civilization. The muslims are allowed to act out because they're illiterate and backwards. We have to appease and try to find out why we offend them and then stop it. In the liberal mind it is those mean nasty Christians who are the enemy. Christians stand in the way of the liberal from domination and power.

The liberal knows nothing about either religion and doesn't want to learn, because if he learns then he is responsible for the knowledge and has to make an educated decision on Christianity and Islam. That is dangerous. If he finds out something that hasn't been fed to him then he has to check it out and again, that is dangerous. The classic lefty moonbat is closed minded, rigid, intolerant, and angry. Look at any political forum. I rest my case.

They won't let us burn anything in town here. We can however, compost to our heart's content.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
when and where were the bibles burned? are they made up of straw?

(CNN) May 22, 2009 — Military personnel threw away, and ultimately burned, confiscated Bibles that were printed in the two most common Afghan languages amid concern they would be used to try to convert Afghans, a Defense Department spokesman said Tuesday.
The unsolicited Bibles sent by a church in the United States were confiscated about a year ago at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan because military rules forbid troops of any religion from proselytizing while deployed there, Lt. Col. Mark Wright said.
Such religious outreach can endanger American troops and civilians in the devoutly Muslim nation, Wright said.
“The decision was made that it was a ‘force protection’ measure to throw them away, because, if they did get out, it could be perceived by Afghans that the U.S. government or the U.S. military was trying to convert Muslims,” Wright told CNN on Tuesday.

and the point is what exactly? are you saying that the motivation of the whackaloon in florida and the us military are the same, that the military burned the bibles to say fuck you to christians, as rev fucknut intended to do to muslims?

You are incredibly stupid. Do you practice in front of a mirror?

The left will never admit to this glaring fact.......Christians are much much more tolerant than muslims.

But ironically the disproportionate amount of intolerance towards Muslims, here on USMB (and elsewhere), is demonstrated by the right,

who love also to claim they are better Christians than the left.

The left will never admit to this glaring fact.......Christians are much much more tolerant than muslims.

But ironically the disproportionate amount of intolerance towards Muslims, here on USMB (and elsewhere), is demonstrated by the right,

Pointing out a double standard is intolerance towards muslims? :confused:

The double standard applies to the far Christian right here, which is simply not representative of mainstream Christianity.

and the point is what exactly? are you saying that the motivation of the whackaloon in florida and the us military are the same, that the military burned the bibles to say fuck you to christians, as rev fucknut intended to do to muslims?

You are incredibly stupid. Do you practice in front of a mirror?

do you find that helpful?

Well, it is said that those who do not believe in Jesus CHrist shall perish. Pretty important to let Muslims know that sort of thing. It gets complicated when those same Muslims threaten to kill you for your faith.

You would just have us be tolerant of them and let them perish? What sort of love is that?

First, there are apparently more Christians on the left than the right, since Democrats are more likely to believe Jesus will return before 2050 than Republicans.

Second, most of the criticism toward Islam I see is directed toward Islam, not Muslims. I could explain the difference, but you would ignore it if I did.

Third, most of the intolerance is directed toward Christians on this board, not from them.

QWB, your first sentence surprises me, though I would hope it is true. Do you have a citation for it?

Your third sentence is nonsense. Christianity is generally supported by the great number of supporters here, except for a few free thinkers and those of other faiths. Much of the religious hate here is generated by Christians from the far right (non mainstream).

QWB, your first sentence surprises me, though I would hope it is true. Do you have a citation for it?

Of course.

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/03/opinion/03blow.html?_r=1&src=mv

Your third sentence is nonsense. Christianity is generally supported by the great number of supporters here, except for a few free thinkers and those of other faiths. Much of the religious hate here is generated by Christians from the far right (non mainstream).

I didn't say anything about religious hate, I spoke more generally of intolerance. If you want to get right to it, my third sentence is an opinion, but it is based on my observation. Since I do not read every thread, it could be wrong, but it is not nonsense.

Thanks for your quiet response to my excited one! Perhaps where we may each live may dictate our response to what we have both witnessed. The far right here is more than intolerant, hateful in many, many cases. But, as you point out, that is an opinion and perhaps incorrect.

Thanks for your quiet response to my excited one! Perhaps where we may each live may dictate our response to what we have both witnessed. The far right here is more than intolerant, hateful in many, many cases. But, as you point out, that is an opinion and perhaps incorrect.

The religious thugs you support are more hateful than anyone on the right. You must be real fun on camping trips.

The religious thugs here a minority of our area's evangelicals and fundamentalists, Jack Fate: they are real haters. The Lutherans, Evangelicals, the various sects of Pentecostals and Churches of Christ, etc., are fairly laid back.

How much more?:eusa_hand: Christians were intolerant of Native American, Blacks, Mexican, gays, Jews and Catholics and now Muslims? Muslims only hate Americans because of America's foreign policies in the Middle East. Sometimes I feel like I am talking to a bunch of retarded children.

How much more?:eusa_hand: Christians were intolerant of Native American, Blacks, Mexican, gays, Jews and Catholics and now Muslims? Muslims only hate Americans because of America's foreign policies in the Middle East. Sometimes I feel like I am talking to a bunch of retarded children.

Believe me the feeling is totally mutual.

You have the most childish simplistic view of this conflict I have ever seen.

Your failure to see the Multiple factors that led to the attacks and the conflict that has followed is testimate to your Ignorance and unwillingness to acknowledge the complete history, and not just the parts that show the Radical Muslims as nothing but Freedom Fighters standing up against the evil west.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back