Burning Qurans and Bibles

Of course, buddy. Christians make us 75% of the electorate, Muslims about 2.5%, and 97.5% Americans will not tolerate shari'a law. Truly, bud, what's the problem?

No one has made a case that we need to go to war to ensure it. That's the point. The Muslims will never have the numbers here to cause an issue about it. And the Christian community as a whole with the exception of a very small fringe to the right are very happy with separation of church and state.

Last edited:
No one has made a case that we need to go to war to ensure it. That's the point. The Muslims will never have the numbers here to cause an issue about it. And the Christian community as a whole with the exception of a very small fringe to the right are very happy separation of church and state.

The question did not require anything beyond a yes or no. Why do you want to attempt to cloud this with something I am not saying. Are you willing to go to wart to avoid having yourself, and your family, live under Sharia Law? If not, you can go blithely on about your life. If you are, you have to decide when it becomes necessary.

Where will you draw the line?

Hypocrisy Flashback.....

After defeating their rivals in Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas’ Fatah movement, Muslim extremists are focusing their attacks on Christians in Gaza City.

That's really too bad. The Christians hopefully left the country.

No one has made a case that we need to go to war to ensure it. That's the point. The Muslims will never have the numbers here to cause an issue about it. And the Christian community as a whole with the exception of a very small fringe to the right are very happy separation of church and state.

The question did not require anything beyond a yes or no. Why do you want to attempt to cloud this with something I am not saying. Are you willing to go to wart to avoid having yourself, and your family, live under Sharia Law? If not, you can go blithely on about your life. If you are, you have to decide when it becomes necessary.

Where will you draw the line?

Why are you clouding this with something I am not saying. The question does not demand a yes or no answer. You might want one, but you don't count. The great majority, the sensible center, QWB, will recognize the time to act when and if necessary.

when and where were the bibles burned? are they made up of straw?

(CNN) May 22, 2009 — Military personnel threw away, and ultimately burned, confiscated Bibles that were printed in the two most common Afghan languages amid concern they would be used to try to convert Afghans, a Defense Department spokesman said Tuesday.
The unsolicited Bibles sent by a church in the United States were confiscated about a year ago at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan because military rules forbid troops of any religion from proselytizing while deployed there, Lt. Col. Mark Wright said.
Such religious outreach can endanger American troops and civilians in the devoutly Muslim nation, Wright said.
“The decision was made that it was a ‘force protection’ measure to throw them away, because, if they did get out, it could be perceived by Afghans that the U.S. government or the U.S. military was trying to convert Muslims,” Wright told CNN on Tuesday.
Troops at posts in war zones are required to burn their trash, Wright said.
The Bibles were written in the languages Pashto and Dari.

and the point is what exactly? are you saying that the motivation of the whackaloon in florida and the us military are the same, that the military burned the bibles to say fuck you to christians, as rev fucknut intended to do to muslims?

The point that I am getting out of all of this is that we arching our backs in every direction possible, and for what reason? Why, to not offend Muslims of course.

Forget what is right and wrong sympathetically just for a moment because it wouldn't matter anyway since we apply different standards to different groups.

What happened to the days of "if you want tolerance, try showing some yourself." I think America has been pretty tolerant over the years. It's time that the Muslims start showing a little if they intend on receiving some back.

I know we would like to send our troops over there with cork pop guns so we didn't hurt any Muslims, but how many murdered troops would it take before we got the picture that Muslims don't intend on being our friends?

(CNN) May 22, 2009 — Military personnel threw away, and ultimately burned, confiscated Bibles that were printed in the two most common Afghan languages amid concern they would be used to try to convert Afghans, a Defense Department spokesman said Tuesday.
The unsolicited Bibles sent by a church in the United States were confiscated about a year ago at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan because military rules forbid troops of any religion from proselytizing while deployed there, Lt. Col. Mark Wright said.
Such religious outreach can endanger American troops and civilians in the devoutly Muslim nation, Wright said.
“The decision was made that it was a ‘force protection’ measure to throw them away, because, if they did get out, it could be perceived by Afghans that the U.S. government or the U.S. military was trying to convert Muslims,” Wright told CNN on Tuesday.
Troops at posts in war zones are required to burn their trash, Wright said.
The Bibles were written in the languages Pashto and Dari.

and the point is what exactly? are you saying that the motivation of the whackaloon in florida and the us military are the same, that the military burned the bibles to say fuck you to christians, as rev fucknut intended to do to muslims?

The point that I am getting out of all of this is that we arching our backs in every direction possible, and for what reason? Why, to not offend Muslims of course.

Forget what is right and wrong sympathetically just for a moment because it wouldn't matter anyway since we apply different standards to different groups.

What happened to the days of "if you want tolerance, try showing some yourself." I think America has been pretty tolerant over the years. It's time that the Muslims start showing a little if they intend on receiving some back.

I know we would like to send our troops over there with cork pop guns so we didn't hurt any Muslims, but how many murdered troops would it take before we got the picture that Muslims don't intend on being our friends?

All Muslims? 9 Muslims? 92,136 Muslims? How many Muslims? Don't make such idiotic statements until you can quantify it in order to qualify it.

The left will never admit to this glaring fact.......Christians are much much more tolerant than muslims.

some christians are much more tolerant than most muslims...

those christians are known as liberals and progressives....

Here is the scale;

progressives are the MOST tolerant
liberals are 2nd
moderate liberals and moderate conservatives tie for third
not moderate but not right wing conservatives are a distant 4th
right wing conservatives and left wing liberals tie for dead last

moderate muslims and moderate conservatives are about equal

extremist muslims are MUCH worse than extemist christans but the extremist christians are working hard to catch up

extremist left wingers and extremist right wingers are also about equal, both annoying and dangerous

progressives and liberals are tolerant of MANY MORE THINGS and ideas than conservative christians who only tolerate "the RIGHT things"

BTW...

your basis is flawed and faulty

you are not taking into consideration the MILLIONS of books that have been burned(and still are btw) by "christians"

Harry Potter book burning - Book Censorship Through Harry Potter book burning

Book Burning: 2001-2005
However, until the Harry Potter books, it was not that common to find a children's book series as the main stimulus for a book burning event. In 2001, several such book burnings were held. In early January 2002, Christ Community Church of Alamogordo, New Mexico, became the topic of international media attention for its book burning after the pastor, Jack D. Brock, preached a sermon on the topic "The Baby Jesus Or Harry Potter?". Brock stated he considered the Harry Potter books to be "an example of our society's growing preoccupation with the occult. The Potter books present witchcraft as a generally positive practice, while the Bible expressly condemns all occult practices." After the burning of the Harry Potter books and some others on on December 30, 2001, the pastor's sermon and the book burning event became the topic of news features in both the United States and England. CNN.com reported, "As hundreds protested nearby, a church group burned Harry Potter and other books.

All Muslims? 9 Muslims? 92,136 Muslims? How many Muslims? Don't make such idiotic statements until you can quantify it in order to qualify it.

All Muslims that have a problem with it. As for the rest of them, they need to help out by removing the gray area like Zuhdi Jasser is doing. Enough of this "I support terrorism but I'm not one" crap.

The Light supports a form of religious terrorism as he attacks all Muslims without grounds for it, certainly not Biblical grounds. You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how ignorant, but informed people will tell you that your belief that the moon is made of green cheese or that Islam is a terrorist religion is simply not true.

Jack Fate, Americans are not going to permit shari'a law in America any more than we are going to permit far right Christian law in America.

Are you willing to go to war to ensure that?

You want to play the ball and cup game with a liberal about what war they are willing to fight?
Any war, until it is time to actually fight it.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqzkGEvOOTc[/ame]

Last edited:
The Light supports a form of religious terrorism as he attacks all Muslims without grounds for it, certainly not Biblical grounds. You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how ignorant, but informed people will tell you that your belief that the moon is made of green cheese or that Islam is a terrorist religion is simply not true.

I am not attacking Muslims you liar. If you would like to debate on substance, try presenting some substance, otherwise go take your scum somewhere else.

Why are you clouding this with something I am not saying. The question does not demand a yes or no answer. You might want one, but you don't count. The great majority, the sensible center, QWB, will recognize the time to act when and if necessary.

It doesn't demand a yes or no answer?

Are you willing to go to war to ensure that?

How the fuck do you reach that absurd conclusion. The only possible answer to that question is a yes or a no. It doesn't require me to prove that something is necessary, all it requires is an opinion. If you have to blather and obfuscate to a simple question like this it proves you are so far from the sensible center that you could not see it with the largest telescope in existence.

Your partisanship is showing again.

some christians are much more tolerant than most muslims...

I will give you that one.

those christians are known as liberals and progressives....

Actually, they are known as Christians.

Here is the scale;

progressives are the MOST tolerant
liberals are 2nd
moderate liberals and moderate conservatives tie for third
not moderate but not right wing conservatives are a distant 4th
right wing conservatives and left wing liberals tie for dead last

Wow. I know this is just opinion, but is still so far from the truth that it barely counts as one.

Progressives are the radical wing of the Left. It varies from person to person, but in general I would label progressives as the least tolerant. If you look at history you will see that progressives are responsible for eugenics, and the sterilization of poor and less intelligent among the people.

On the other hand, most right wingers are tolerant. Again, it varies from person to person, but history again proves that right wing conservatives are responsible for ending slavery, women's rights, and the general higher standard of living we enjoy today.

Again, I am generalizing a lot to make my point, but you are so far off base that you actually believe that progressives are tolerant.

moderate muslims and moderate conservatives are about equal

Is that good for the moderate conservatives, or bad for the Moderate Muslims? Given your warped standards I cannot tell.

extremist muslims are MUCH worse than extemist christans but the extremist christians are working hard to catch up

They are? They are trying to find people to engage in suicide attacks, hijack planes and fly them into skyscrapers, and call for the death of all Americans because someone plans to burn some Bibles?

extremist left wingers and extremist right wingers are also about equal, both annoying and dangerous

I might go along with this if the facts did not prove you wrong, again. Take a look at all the right wing extremist groups and all the left wing extremist groups and see who actually commits more criminal and terrorist acts. The left wingers win that one hands down.

progressives and liberals are tolerant of MANY MORE THINGS and ideas than conservative christians who only tolerate "the RIGHT things"

I think the problem here is that you do not know anything about progressives. MAybe you should look up the real reason Margaret Sanger advocated for birth control and started Planned Parenthood.

BTW...

your basis is flawed and faulty

you are not taking into consideration the MILLIONS of books that have been burned(and still are btw) by "christians"

Harry Potter book burning - Book Censorship Through Harry Potter book burning

Book Burning: 2001-2005
However, until the Harry Potter books, it was not that common to find a children's book series as the main stimulus for a book burning event. In 2001, several such book burnings were held. In early January 2002, Christ Community Church of Alamogordo, New Mexico, became the topic of international media attention for its book burning after the pastor, Jack D. Brock, preached a sermon on the topic "The Baby Jesus Or Harry Potter?". Brock stated he considered the Harry Potter books to be "an example of our society's growing preoccupation with the occult. The Potter books present witchcraft as a generally positive practice, while the Bible expressly condemns all occult practices." After the burning of the Harry Potter books and some others on on December 30, 2001, the pastor's sermon and the book burning event became the topic of news features in both the United States and England. CNN.com reported, "As hundreds protested nearby, a church group burned Harry Potter and other books.

There are a lot of stupid people out there, some are Christians, and some are liberals.

Daily Kos: It is a good idea to burn the Koran...

Jake Starkey supports incredible stupidity, and even believes he is clever.

The Light clearly stated that the post applied only to the Muslims that have a problem with freedom. Do you honestly think that is all of them? Or are you deliberately lying?

Never mind, the answer is obvious.

Forum List

Back