Bullying and Teen Suicide; Bullycide an issue i strongly believe needs addressed.

ThatDude30

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Has anyone ever been a victim of a bully? Has anyone themselves ever bullied another kid? Have you ever witnessed some being bullied and did nothing to intervene? Or did you?

Bullying and suicide, Bullycide, are considered together when the cause of suicide is attributable to the victim having been bullied, either in person or via social media.

Approximately 3.2 million students are victims of bullies each year. According to Dosomething.org about 90% of students in grades 4 through 8 reported being a victim of bullying and one in four teachers admitted to witnessing an act of bullying and failing to intervene.

Suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people, resulting in about deaths per year, according to the CDC. For every suicide among young people, there are at least 100 suicide attempts. Over 14% of high school students have considered suicide, and almost 7% have attempted it.,

I think bullying is an act of a coward. I personally dislike the thought of a kid getting picked on for whatever reason. I don't think it is being addressed enough. Schools should add a course covering the subject of bullying into health class and every year beginning with the 4th grade through 10th or 11th. Not just a brief course but an extensive and in depth course in understanding effects of bullying.

I have participated in speaking engagements in front of high schools who contacted us and was at that time experiencing a problem of bullying with in their school, about gang violence and bullying, and at every single engagement at the very end of my speech I would ask 1 last question, "Who here in the audience is a bully?" I was 17 years old and One time I had a kid actually raise his hand. It was a high school in a small town of Punxsutawney couple hours North of Pittsburgh PA. This kid raised his hand, and I was at the other end of the audience so at first I didn't have a good look at the kid. As I got closer and closer the smaller he got. I stood there in confusion. I looked at the kid, looked around the audience, looked at the principle, looked back at my fellow speakers and finally looked back at the kid. I locked eyes with him and said, "are you serious?" This kid had to weigh 100 pounds with 10 pound boots on. Keep in mind the audience was made up of 9th through 12th graders. I said, "you are the bully?" "you are the one who is causing the bullying issue in this school?" I really thought it was a joke and it probably was but all I know is when I asked him to come up on stage and bully me his tail went right behind his legs.

I don't believe you can change the reality with legislation.

It's the coarsening cultural in my opinion .. Yes or No .. Right or Wrong .. Good or Bad .. swallowed by shades of gray..

th

It starts with teaching your children the difference between right and wrong along with teaching them to stand up for the less fortunate.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Has anyone ever been a victim of a bully? Has anyone themselves ever bullied another kid? Have you ever witnessed some being bullied and did nothing to intervene? Or did you?

Bullying and suicide, Bullycide, are considered together when the cause of suicide is attributable to the victim having been bullied, either in person or via social media.

Approximately 3.2 million students are victims of bullies each year. According to Dosomething.org about 90% of students in grades 4 through 8 reported being a victim of bullying and one in four teachers admitted to witnessing an act of bullying and failing to intervene.

Suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people, resulting in about deaths per year, according to the CDC. For every suicide among young people, there are at least 100 suicide attempts. Over 14% of high school students have considered suicide, and almost 7% have attempted it.,

I think bullying is an act of a coward. I personally dislike the thought of a kid getting picked on for whatever reason. I don't think it is being addressed enough. Schools should add a course covering the subject of bullying into health class and every year beginning with the 4th grade through 10th or 11th. Not just a brief course but an extensive and in depth course in understanding effects of bullying.

I have participated in speaking engagements in front of high schools who contacted us and was at that time experiencing a problem of bullying with in their school, about gang violence and bullying, and at every single engagement at the very end of my speech I would ask 1 last question, "Who here in the audience is a bully?" I was 17 years old and One time I had a kid actually raise his hand. It was a high school in a small town of Punxsutawney couple hours North of Pittsburgh PA. This kid raised his hand, and I was at the other end of the audience so at first I didn't have a good look at the kid. As I got closer and closer the smaller he got. I stood there in confusion. I looked at the kid, looked around the audience, looked at the principle, looked back at my fellow speakers and finally looked back at the kid. I locked eyes with him and said, "are you serious?" This kid had to weigh 100 pounds with 10 pound boots on. Keep in mind the audience was made up of 9th through 12th graders. I said, "you are the bully?" "you are the one who is causing the bullying issue in this school?" I really thought it was a joke and it probably was but all I know is when I asked him to come up on stage and bully me his tail went right behind his legs.

Yes it does. Problem is, many of the people on this forum actually use such bullying tactics. When you tell them not to do it, they'll justify their bullying.

do you think 10 yr old realize the consequences of their actions?
Honestly yea and no. Did she realize that her actions caused sadness, embarrassment, and other horrible feelings even feeling alone and everyone hates her? Yes I do believe the bully knew how her actions were making the other girl feel. Did she know that the other girl would maybe commit suicide? No. But she knew it was wrong.

The education system needs to begin implementing student and peer bullying, also social media and cyber bullying prevention classes at the age they seem fit all the way up till 11th or even 12th grade and as students advance in grades each year bullying prevention classes are more in depth so that the students can become aware and understand the issue of bullying. Maybe even make it a credit you need to graduate. I think its that important that you need to gain at least 1 credit a year from the grade it begins till it ends in order to graduate.

Yes it does. Problem is, many of the people on this forum actually use such bullying tactics. When you tell them not to do it, they'll justify their bullying.

You know what they were probably the ones who got bullied through out childhood and never was heard. So here protected behind the computer screen they feel the need to be disrespectful and challenge everything and anything in hopes of proving you wrong to satisfy the need of not being the one not to be bullied. Guess it makes them feel better.

I hate when they aggressive challenge and attack you and when you stand up against them then your the disrespectful one. Its like dude I'm sorry you should of came at me more prepared because I can be a savage. I don't deliberately disrespect anyone. Your manner in the way you respond will determine the manner of my reaction. Expect a reaction that is equal to or greater than the manner in which you respond.

You know what they were probably the ones who got bullied through out childhood and never was heard. So here protected behind the computer screen they feel the need to be disrespectful and challenge everything and anything in hopes of proving you wrong to satisfy the need of not being the one not to be bullied. Guess it makes them feel better.

I hate when they aggressive challenge and attack you and when you stand up against them then your the disrespectful one. Its like dude I'm sorry you should of came at me more prepared because I can be a savage. I don't deliberately disrespect anyone. Your manner in the way you respond will determine the manner of my reaction. Expect a reaction that is equal to or greater than the manner in which you respond.

Yes, potentially. But there are also those who bullied their way through High School, left and found they suddenly went down the ladder and aren't as cool or clever as they think they are. So they use the bullyboy tactics in order to take them back to the time when they were king.

Forum List

Back