Build.

Yep.

Simple as that.

The United States needs to build.

We are a nation of innovators, dreamers, and builders.

Time to shake off the crust and do what we do best.

Build.

The problem is that it ain't as simple as that. Infrastructure building is a good thing but government construction and government jobs do not grow the economy. It just moves confiscated money from one taxpayer to another. The private sector grows the economy and so far the hostile environment that democrats have created for business and corporations and banks will continue to stagnate the economy.

Hold up.

Confiscated?

That's the way the constitution provides the government with liquidity. Taxation.

It's the price we pay for living in a civil society that we have a say in.

Taxation WITH representation.

I wouldn't be asking a straight guy to swallow his load.

Now go. Be gay around me no longer. :eusa_hand:

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you drunk? Avoiding an obviously embarrassing contradiction to your original supposition is one thing but to simply call me gay? What is wrong with you?

Read what you write..fag.

Okay, I re-read what I wrote. Care to explain how that makes me a homosexual?

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you drunk? Avoiding an obviously embarrassing contradiction to your original supposition is one thing but to simply call me gay? What is wrong with you?

You asked for a "swallow". I am a man.

A straight man.

Go forth young gayster. Find a bathroom and do a "wide stance".

You are fishing in the wrong waters. :eusa_whistle:

A straight man.

Ah, yes, I misspelled your name. That's hysterical. Really.

Care to respond like, I don't know, someone that's not a 12 year old?

Do you have some magic beans there Swallow that we don't know about?

Here's a real life story of why building isn't happening right now: I am a high tech entrepreneur. The latest business I started requires service facility, staffed with a few dozen workers and outfitted with advanced communications technology (nothing over the phone, only computer to computer). I wanted to build a facility right here in California, staffed with Californians...a real "Made in the USA" cutting edge service center. Then we did the cost analysis.

The additional costs of building in America, including state and federal taxes, state and federal regulations relating both to construction and staffing, mandates for healthcare, and wage requirements resulted in a estimated total expense over 10 years that was over three times higher than building and staffing the exact same facility in India.

Now, if you were a stock holder in this company, what would you do?

You pretty much just said that you think people in this country should agree to slave labor wages and no healthcare if they work at your company. So tell me, what incentive does anyone have for working at this company if it's here. I'm just curious about that because I wouldn't be able to afford the cost of living.

Building too much is what got us into this mess.

Not really.

Complex algorithms got us into the mess.

Something like:

(Predatory lending) + (Packaged mortgages into financial instruments) + (Underfunded regulators and Regulatory capture) + (Insuring derivatives) = Massive profit.

A straight man.

Sure.

Gosh..the only thing you managed to "misspell" in the entire post..one with a foreign word in it no less..was my handle.

Gosh.

:lol:

Silly me. I was thinking it was intentional. :clap2:

Yep.

Simple as that.

Build.

You really need to get more specific, like build inside the border of America on our own soil. Ahhh, that is better......:lol:

A straight man.

Sure.

Gosh..the only thing you managed to "misspell" in the entire post..one with a foreign word in it no less..was my handle.

Gosh.

Well, it was not. I sure hope your feelings are not hurt. I sincerely apologize for misspelling your name.

Now, one more time, can you respond to the substance of my retort to your post?

Yep.

Simple as that.

Build.

Here's a real life story of why building isn't happening right now: I am a high tech entrepreneur. The latest business I started requires service facility, staffed with a few dozen workers and outfitted with advanced communications technology (nothing over the phone, only computer to computer). I wanted to build a facility right here in California, staffed with Californians...a real "Made in the USA" cutting edge service center. Then we did the cost analysis.

The additional costs of building in America, including state and federal taxes, state and federal regulations relating both to construction and staffing, mandates for healthcare, and wage requirements resulted in a estimated total expense over 10 years that was over three times higher than building and staffing the exact same facility in India.

Hmmm, trying to cut to the bottom line huh? Want to use America, but not give anything back. Just an unpatriotic businessmen who shows no gratitude for what America did for you. Since we don't need people like you in this country, I would say go for India, but you can get a better labor deal in Africa.

africa30.jpg

Are you kidding, on that effort?

Really?

1 more class and you already had the knowledge so it would have been a breeze, and you gave up on your profession in Jersey b/c you couldn't save for one lousy class? Really? REALLY?

Ask yourself this:

what did you want MORE, in life:

-to be a licensed masseuse in Jersey.
-to complain about the gubbamint and how they blocked your dream.

Not much of a go-getter, huh?

I stayed in PA.

Instead of working at a spa in NJ and going through more useless hoops, I ended up working for myself.

PA got to keep me and collect taxes from me due to it's lower regs, and NJ lost out due to it's higher regs.

but thanks for the bullshit assumptions about my life, that you know nothing about.

and since you still haven't shared your story, Ill assume there's nothing to tell, worth telling.

"shared my story?"

My house in Latham? What's to share? It's here, it was obviously not too tough for me.

The regulations in NJ were a chink in your armor, your resolve, in your goal to live in Jersey. I don't know how bad you wanted to live in Jersey, but not being able to afford one more class being the straw that broke the camel's back is weak as fuck. Sorry.

please highlight where I said I wanted to live in NJ.

I said I wanted to work in NJ. But due to the regs, I chose to stay in PA and continue my career here only.

Nevermind, I thought you were implying that you were a biz owner of some kind. Guess not, so you actually don't know what you are talking about. Unless you meant you built your own home. That it?

Guess you missed the shake off the crust part.

You need a vacation.

I suggest Shanghai.

And when you come back..you can let me know..in no uncertain terms.

Why the Chinese are kicking our asses.

China is "beating your asses" because of cheap credit. There are whole cities being built, but guess what... no one lives in them... about 10 a year are built.

Ordos, China: A Modern Ghost Town - Photo Essays - TIME

The property "boom" is a huge bubble that makes the US property bubble look like a small wart.

Also China has much cheaper labour and better educated at that. Slave labour does that to an economy...

Now if you want to go to the lowest denominator, then by all means turn the US into China 2.0, but then you have to kiss that free market democracy good bye since you need to be able to hit down hard on dissenters and protests.

Naw.

That's what the world doesn't get.

While sometimes we need a sputnik moment.

We have the best and the brightest in this country.

We always kick ass.

And we always will.

Perhaps by not building just for the sake of building shows we do have the best and brightest.

So as home prices keep tumbling down, has anyone seen the price of building material lately?? Forget about using any metal, you can't afford it. China bought most of ours about 5 years ago. Plastic faucets might work for a while, that's all you're gonna get now.

I stayed in PA.

Instead of working at a spa in NJ and going through more useless hoops, I ended up working for myself.

PA got to keep me and collect taxes from me due to it's lower regs, and NJ lost out due to it's higher regs.

but thanks for the bullshit assumptions about my life, that you know nothing about.

and since you still haven't shared your story, Ill assume there's nothing to tell, worth telling.

"shared my story?"

My house in Latham? What's to share? It's here, it was obviously not too tough for me.

The regulations in NJ were a chink in your armor, your resolve, in your goal to live in Jersey. I don't know how bad you wanted to live in Jersey, but not being able to afford one more class being the straw that broke the camel's back is weak as fuck. Sorry.

please highlight where I said I wanted to live in NJ.

I said I wanted to work in NJ. But due to the regs, I chose to stay in PA and continue my career here only.

Nevermind, I thought you were implying that you were a biz owner of some kind. Guess not, so you actually don't know what you are talking about. Unless you meant you built your own home. That it?

What regulations are you referring to?

Sure.

Gosh.

Well, it was not. I sure hope your feelings are not hurt. I sincerely apologize for misspelling your name.

Sure efagminor,

I will use a real life anecdotal second hand story..so it's a believe it or not thing.

I, too, work in a high tech field (well not at the moment..but I am interviewing) and a friend of mine, who works at a data center in Jersey city just related this little ditty to me.

They were provisioning a data center in India and as a final step they gave their customers a questionaire asking if they would trust having a foreign country handle sensitive material.

80% came back negative.

They are now scrambling to hire, domestically.

:clap2:

Oh, and I apologize in advance for any "misspellings". Hope no feelings were hurt. :lol:

Yep.

Simple as that.

Build.

Hmmm, trying to cut to the bottom line huh? Want to use America, but not give anything back. Just an unpatriotic businessmen who shows no gratitude for what America did for you. Since we don't need people like you in this country, I would say go for India, but you can get a better labor deal in Africa.

africa30.jpg

Got it. Your vote is to absorb the additional expenses in the name of patriotism. Does it matter to you that these expenses would render the operation uncompetitive and likely to result in the failure of not just the communications center but the associated business here in America? This would of course result in the loss of US jobs, not to mention the investment of stockholders. Margins are that thin - it's not that building in the US would mean less money in my pocket, it means the entire operation would fail. So, still voting for building in the US?

Your reference to Africa just highlights what is clearly a lack of business acumen on your part. Yet ANOTHER reason for building in India is the large, educated talent pool of workers. That ain't happening in Africa.

Sure.

Gosh.

Sure efagminor,

I will use a real life anecdotal second hand story..so it's a believe it or not thing.

I, too, work in a high tech field (well not at the moment..but I am interviewing) and a friend of mine, who works at a data center in Jersey city just related this little ditty to me.

They were provisioning a data center in India and as a final step they gave their customers a questionaire asking if they would trust having a foreign country handle sensitive material.

80% came back negative.

They are now scrambling to hire, domestically.

:clap2:

Oh, and I apologize in advance for any "misspellings". Hope no feelings were hurt. :lol:

Interesting. My customers are large corporations. I too shared our intention to build in India with these partners. Not a problem. But I get your point. If the bottom line was negatively effected by an overseas operation, this would considered in the cost analysis by any reasonable manager. Yet, we keep building overseas. It would appear the the negative feedback is outweighed by the onerous costs, taxes and regulations in the US.

See a pattern here?

Oh, and grow up.

Forum List

Back