Build.

China is "beating your asses" because of cheap credit. There are whole cities being built, but guess what... no one lives in them... about 10 a year are built.

Ordos, China: A Modern Ghost Town - Photo Essays - TIME

The property "boom" is a huge bubble that makes the US property bubble look like a small wart.

Also China has much cheaper labour and better educated at that. Slave labour does that to an economy...

Now if you want to go to the lowest denominator, then by all means turn the US into China 2.0, but then you have to kiss that free market democracy good bye since you need to be able to hit down hard on dissenters and protests.

I don’t get it. The article hinted the city was built to accommodate one million people and, yet, it is virtually empty. So did they build it simply for the sake of building it?

And, if so, that would indeed be much different then how things are done in America.

Yes and they are building 10 or so of these a year.. on borrowed money. The idea is that all the rural poor were to eventually buy (with what money...) this housing, which is a stretch for a people who have never seen indoor plumbing before.

Point is, much of the Chinese growth is based on this insane building of ghost towns and all built on borrowed money. At some point the real estate market will crash and the Chinese government will have to save its own banks.

More on the issue... and yes the first one is from the Daily Mail... but dont hold that against the article.

Ghost towns of China: Satellite images show cities lying completely deserted | Mail Online

Rise of the Chinese Ghost Town | safe, clean, affordable...

SBS Dateline | China s Ghost Cities

LiveLeak.com - Largest Mall In The World Is A Chinese Ghost Town

there are many other links out there.

And why do I suspect the people who built these cities probably can’t afford to live in them?

Yep.

Simple as that.

The United States needs to build.

We are a nation of innovators, dreamers, and builders.

Time to shake off the crust and do what we do best.

Build.

too bad obie doodle pissed all the money away on worthless crap, now we got no money to build.

Yep.

Simple as that.

Build.

Considering the ever-growing inventory of foreclosed property we have, I doubt we will be doing much building any time soon.

Guess you missed the shake off the crust part.

You need a vacation.

I suggest Shanghai.

And when you come back..you can let me know..in no uncertain terms.

Why the Chinese are kicking our asses.

Shallow, you should read about the Chinese Ghost Cities.

It shows the foolishiness of building for the sake of building.

Chinese Ghost Cities: How and Why They Exist | The Tree of Mamre

When liberals talk about building or infrastructure or some bullshit like that,t hey usually mean, "Let's take money from the producers in society and give it to our union thug buddies to stand around and not work."

Yep.

Simple as that.

Build.

According to capitalist theory, we're not in a building phase, right now.

Now, we're in a "creative destruction" phase of the economic cycle.

There may be some truth to that theory, too.

Only that theory does not necessaruly mean that when the economy goes back into the building phase again, that building will take place in the US economy.

Yep.

Simple as that.

Build.

Considering the ever-growing inventory of foreclosed property we have, I doubt we will be doing much building any time soon.

You need a vacation.

I suggest Shanghai.

We have poor or no leadership from this President.
We should have done as you suggest when this started.
The President faced with a bad economy talked about jobs and went and did Healthcare.

In case you haven't noticed this country is beyond broke.
The Stimulus did nothing,it would have been cheaper if the President just gave us a check
for $100,000.00 each.And what happened to all those shovel ready jobs?What happened
to Joe Biden's promise of 500,000 jobs a month because of the Stimulus?.What happened with the talk of unemployment not going over 8% if the stimulus gets passed.

As for China kicking our asses.They have little or no regulations to hamper them and they have a work force that puts in long hours for little pay....Do you think you can convince the unions here to go along with that?

:(

Meanwhile.....
Wheres-Wally-World-Record.jpg

Its not that simple. We have the EPA to get through and all the regulations and red tape. IF they would cut the EPA in half maybe more inventors would build stuff .. Its just all to hard these days

Its not that simple. We have the EPA to get through and all the regulations and red tape. IF they would cut the EPA in half maybe more inventors would build stuff .. Its just all to hard these days

Yes.

All we need do is allow the industrialists to turn the nation into a polluted shithole and us into third work wage slaves.

Good plan there, Love!

Yes.

All we need do is allow the industrialists to turn the nation into a polluted shithole and us into third work wage slaves.

Good plan there, Love!

Quit being an idiot. No one wants that.

I will give you an example moron.

In 2002 I BOUGHT A LOT to build on the following year. It was two before I decided to build. There wasnt a problem with my plan. It was a standard 3 bedroom, bit they wanted an extra 20k, because the area was rezoned a wetland. Why? Because the guy next door put in a pond. NOW PISS OFF.

This should help you guys understand.

This is how we rock it in NYC.

24 Hours in... New York City - YouTube

NYC has a lot of plusses and Minuses. I like it b/c I'm from NY (Upstate, though), but I find Boston to be the cleaner version.

There's no reason NYC has to smell THAT bad on its hot days while Boston is perfectly fine. Come on, s0n. Come ON.

The architecture is dope. The shopping is dope. The crack is rampant. The homeless are cool to look at :eek:

Yep.

Simple as that.

Build.

You need a vacation.

I suggest Shanghai.

Maybe the chinese are kicking our asses because the guy our president decided to put in charge of creating jobs decided to create jobs in China instead of the U.S. And maybe because our president decided that we should give our money to Brazil so they can proceed with energy exploration and we can "be their best customer".

Yep.

Simple as that.

Build.

:lol: So how did you do with the Quake?

Yep.

Simple as that.

Build.

Then go through the vast regualtions that keep people from even trying.

You can't build when you can't afford the time it takes to get through the blue tape.

Yes.

Good plan there, Love!

In 2002 I BOUGHT A LOT to build on the following year. It was two before I decided to build. There wasnt a problem with my plan. It was a standard 3 bedroom, bit they wanted an extra 20k, because the area was rezoned a wetland. Why? Because the guy next door put in a pond. NOW PISS OFF.

Smells like Bullshit story to me, lad.

Wanna know why?

Because the EPA would not have let your neighbor "put in a pond" in the first place.

Now run along and tell your tales to people dumb enough to buy them.

And have a nice, day, too.:lol:

Yes.

Good plan there, Love!

Smells like Bullshit story to me, lad.

Wanna know why?

Because the EPA would not have let your neighbor "put in a pond" in the first place.

Now run along and tell your tales to people dumb enough to buy them.

And have a nice, day, too.:lol:

what you believe is unimportant to me.

But when you do manage to pull your head out of your ass. You may wish to investigate Snohomish county building codes in Washington state moron!

Forum List

Back