Build.

Yep.

Simple as that.

The United States needs to build.

We are a nation of innovators, dreamers, and builders.

Time to shake off the crust and do what we do best.

Build.

Considering the ever-growing inventory of foreclosed property we have, I doubt we will be doing much building any time soon.

Yep.

Simple as that.

Build.

Considering the ever-growing inventory of foreclosed property we have, I doubt we will be doing much building any time soon.

Guess you missed the shake off the crust part.

You need a vacation.

I suggest Shanghai.

And when you come back..you can let me know..in no uncertain terms.

Why the Chinese are kicking our asses.

Yep.

Simple as that.

Build.

You need a vacation.

I suggest Shanghai.

Not sure what “shake off the crust” means and I would guess that the Chinese are kicking our ass because they have a lot of cheap labor.

This should help you guys understand.

This is how we rock it in NYC.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4DQKtYL62Q]24 Hours in... New York City - YouTube[/ame]

Not like the brazen wall street geeks fame,
With conquering toolbelts astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A working woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the labored lightning, and her name
Mother of textiles. From her calloused hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep out, you sorry pimps!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your carpenters, your plumbers,
Your blue collared a*ses yearning to build free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming store.
Send these, the homedepot, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my hammer beside the golden door!"

You need a vacation.

I suggest Shanghai.

Not sure what “shake off the crust” means and I would guess that the Chinese are kicking our ass because they have a lot of cheap labor.

Cheap labor?

Or a national interest in becoming the best country in the world..

Yep.

Simple as that.

Build.

You need a vacation.

I suggest Shanghai.

China is "beating your asses" because of cheap credit. There are whole cities being built, but guess what... no one lives in them... about 10 a year are built.

Ordos, China: A Modern Ghost Town - Photo Essays - TIME

The property "boom" is a huge bubble that makes the US property bubble look like a small wart.

Also China has much cheaper labour and better educated at that. Slave labour does that to an economy...

Now if you want to go to the lowest denominator, then by all means turn the US into China 2.0, but then you have to kiss that free market democracy good bye since you need to be able to hit down hard on dissenters and protests.

Now if you want to go to the lowest denominator, then by all means turn the US into China 2.0, but then you have to kiss that free market democracy good bye since you need to be able to hit down hard on dissenters and protests.

HomesteadRiot1892.jpg

You need a vacation.

I suggest Shanghai.

China is "beating your asses" because of cheap credit. There are whole cities being built, but guess what... no one lives in them... about 10 a year are built.

The property "boom" is a huge bubble that makes the US property bubble look like a small wart.

Also China has much cheaper labour and better educated at that. Slave labour does that to an economy...

Naw.

That's what the world doesn't get.

While sometimes we need a sputnik moment.

We have the best and the brightest in this country.

We always kick ass.

And we always will.

You need a vacation.

I suggest Shanghai.

Cheap labor?

Interesting. You finally realize you're not.:clap2:

Cheap labor?

Interesting. You finally realize you're not.:clap2:

And Dougie Downer weighs in.

How's the mail order bride thing going?

She finally realize the pool boy was better lookin'?

Watch those cheerios..man.

Rat poison sucks.

Yep.

Simple as that.

Build.
The land of the "free" wont have it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1OkZ3xowKQ]Ford's Joint Venture assembly plant in Brazil - YouTube[/ame]

You need a vacation.

I suggest Shanghai.

I don’t get it. The article hinted the city was built to accommodate one million people and, yet, it is virtually empty. So did they build it simply for the sake of building it?

And, if so, that would indeed be much different then how things are done in America.

I don’t get it. The article hinted the city was built to accommodate one million people and, yet, it is virtually empty. So did they build it simply for the sake of building it?

if we build it, they will come....

You need a vacation.

I suggest Shanghai.

And, if so, that would indeed be much different then how things are done in America.

Yes and they are building 10 or so of these a year.. on borrowed money. The idea is that all the rural poor were to eventually buy (with what money...) this housing, which is a stretch for a people who have never seen indoor plumbing before.

Point is, much of the Chinese growth is based on this insane building of ghost towns and all built on borrowed money. At some point the real estate market will crash and the Chinese government will have to save its own banks.

More on the issue... and yes the first one is from the Daily Mail... but dont hold that against the article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-images-cities-lying-completely-deserted.html

http://blogs.worldbank.org/transport/rise-of-the-chinese-ghost-town

http://www.sbs.com.au/dateline/story/watch/id/601007/n/China-s-Ghost-Cities

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=deb_1299420831

there are many other links out there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back