Budgeting weekly meals

Yes it is. Wonder what she thinks they serve in government issue school lunches and breakfasts. :)
Not Cheerios.

Standard free school lunch... One or more of the following:

Single serving Cheerios, Special K, oatmeal,Farina,
powdered eggs/ boiled eggs,pancakes, waffles, fruit,yogurt,toast.
What no grits?

Maybe in other parts of country. They are not as popular here. I like them though.

I've never tried grits. Seem a little mushy for me. :D I don't like oatmeal either for that reason. I just don't like the consistency.
it's one of those county things, it is kind of good, just like I always hated broccoli..until a few years ago. Steam broccoli is the bomb perfect to go with a prime rib and a Pepsi :)

Not Cheerios.

What no grits?

Maybe in other parts of country. They are not as popular here. I like them though.

I've never tried grits. Seem a little mushy for me. :D I don't like oatmeal either for that reason. I just don't like the consistency.
it's one of those county things, it is kind of good, just like I always hated broccoli..until a few years ago. Steam broccoli is the bomb perfect to go with a prime rib and a Pepsi :)

I like broccoli, ham and cheese soup! That stuff is killer!

Growing up poor has taught me to be a smart shopper at the store. BOGOs, weekly specials, bulking buying, and my vacuum food saver keeps the bill down.

You know what I found out?

Some foods taste better with a coke

And some foods go better with a Pepsi, or white wine or a beer.

Its weird how your taste buds and moods are

Yes it is. Wonder what she thinks they serve in government issue school lunches and breakfasts. :)
Not Cheerios.

What no grits?

they are cheap and fill a person up.... Never even had them till 10 years ago along with sweet tea... Actually good.
I think offering up grits to kids on public assistance would be deemed racist by some elitist nut job somewhere....which would lead to cafeteria riots in the schools...then dumbass progressive totalitarians would be forced to bus in protesters and community organizers...no I don't think grits is a good idea.

Isn't it amusing how the Progs look down on the Big Agri Diet that their Federal Control of Agriculture and Food Stamps has promoted across the country?

Not Cheerios.

What no grits?

I am not to big fan of Grits but I love some lightly fried Mush with butter and some maple syrup...nom!

Not Cheerios.

What no grits?

they are cheap and fill a person up.... Never even had them till 10 years ago along with sweet tea... Actually good.
I think offering up grits to kids on public assistance would be deemed racist by some elitist nut job somewhere....which would lead to cafeteria riots in the schools...then dumbass progressive totalitarians would be forced to bus in protesters and community organizers...no I don't think grits is a good idea.

Wonder if Ravi knows her tax dollars are going to feed kids lib deemed "crap food" like...corn dogs, pizza, chicken nuggets,sub sandwiches and Frito pie :)

We have another store around here that is really cheap. You have to buy your bags and bag all of your own groceries. The bags are like 25 cents each, I think. I've only been there a couple of times and haven't been there in a long time. I should go check that place out again and see if the quality and selection are any better.

What no grits?

Wonder if Ravi knows her tax dollars are going to feed kids lib deemed "crap food" like...corn dogs, pizza, chicken nuggets,sub sandwiches and Frito pie :)
Is there enough for her AND them? I don't think so.

Growing up poor has taught me to be a smart shopper at the store. BOGOs, weekly specials, bulking buying, and my vacuum food saver keeps the bill down.

Yep and clipping coupons. I can remember my mom buying veggies and beans by the case when I was a kid ... If the sales were really good.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Not Cheerios.

What no grits?

I am not to big fan of Grits but I love some lightly fried Mush with butter and some maple syrup...nom!

Sounds like something my grandma used to make from the depression era. Ponhaus. Eat it fried with syrup. Really good. Kind of impractical these days if you don't butcher your own meat.

I do not eat corn cob or corn anymore...I love it but...I know its all genetically modified ..so I pass it

GM causes cancer ....it has been proven :(

Yeah I don't either unless it's organic -- then yer safe.

What no grits?

I like broccoli, ham and cheese soup! That stuff is killer!
Then why are you alive?

Not Cheerios.

What no grits?

See, now I can't eat oatmeal, but I love grits. They gotta be cooked just right.

I used to get stone ground coarse grits in bulk from a mill in Georgia that's been running itself on a water wheel in the Chatahoochie river since 1876. Completely wholesome and unprocessed. Their stuff is drop-dead delicious. Unfortunately there came a point where they could not guarantee their corn was GMO-free and I had to stop patronizing them.

But Trader Joe carries a similar item in smallish white plastic bags. You know it's all there because it takes like 40 minutes to cook. Last year they seemed to disappear off the shelf in mid-summer, as if corporate thought we don't eat grits in the summer. But they came back.

Not Cheerios.

What no grits?

Bizarro :cuckoo:

What no grits?

Bizarro :cuckoo:
Now you know what she dreams about...

Not Cheerios.

What no grits?

See, now I can't eat oatmeal, but I love grits. They gotta be cooked just right.

I used to get stone ground coarse grits in bulk from a mill in Georgia that's been running itself on a water wheel in the Chatahoochie river since 1876. Completely wholesome and unprocessed. Their stuff is drop-dead delicious. Unfortunately there came a point where they could not guarantee their corn was GMO-free and I had to stop patronizing them.

But Trader Joe carries a similar item in smallish white plastic bags. You know it's all there because it takes like 40 minutes to cook. Last year they seemed to disappear off the shelf in mid-summer, as if corporate thought we don't eat grits in the summer. But they came back.

Never had them. Couldn't say. I have no idea what they taste like. :)

As for oatmeal, I like the smell and it tastes okay, but I don't like the texture.

Not Cheerios.

What no grits?

I HATE broccoli.

But I LOVE how it makes me feel.

It's the World's Best Food. I try to eat at least a few portions each day, though I am eating it less since my diet has changed and I'm not eating many bad carbs any more.

I eat broccoli raw with a salad dressing.

What no grits?

I HATE broccoli.

But I LOVE how it makes me feel.

It's the World's Best Food. I try to eat at least a few portions each day, though I am eating it less since my diet has changed and I'm not eating many bad carbs any more.

I eat broccoli raw with a salad dressing.
Kale and cabbage are better. And painless in a smoothie.

Forum List

Back