Broken Army?

As has been mentioned on several occasions and even threads posting article on it, and divecon touched on above ... you can KEEP your spiffy-ass "new" protective vest. It weighs almost 40 pounds. Stripped down to combat load I'm still carrying 80 pounds of shit and you want to stick 20 more on me?

I'd rather have my mobility, thanks, because that will save me from direct fire WAY more than a flak jacket designed to deflect only schrapnel.

But you wouldn't know about any of that because YOU haven't been there and humped that shit while someone was shooting at your ass.

Lol! Ain't that the truth! Hacking about in full combat gear in dust and sand and having to cope with heat of 45 degrees as well.

In 2006 we were issued with new technology Osprey combat body armour. It covers front and back with ceramic plates. Not only is it heavy, it's crap. It's so bulky that it hampers your ability to fire an assault rifle. When you wear it you can't fit your weapon comfortably to your shoulder. It's so thick the rifle butt slips off the edge, and you can't get your eye to the sight.

Guess what happened the first time we came under fire. To a man we all removed the plate inserts and threw them away. We felt freedom of movement and the ability to fire our weapons with accuracy was more likely to save our lives than thicker armour.

This freakin gear may well have been designed for greater protection when under fire, but most British soldiers will tell you it puts them at greater risk. It obviously wasn't designed by someone with combat experience.

Most British troops now ignore orders to wear it.

no way. it was someone like you probably. tillman probably whoped some ignorant jarheads ass for killing or raping an innocent civilian and he paid. remember that movie with michael j fox, tom barringer and wiliam defoe? I see you as playing barringers part.

not saying you would do those things, but you are definitely not a leader. you are a follower.

Oh my....what an idiot. There is not movie with Michael J. Fox, tom barringer and wiliam defoe.

Michael J. Fox was in an entirely different movie called Casualties of War.

CHARLIE SHEEN, WILLIAM DEFOE, and TOM BARRINGER were in a movie called PLATOON.

And in Michael J. Fox's movie, the criminals get court martialed.

Someone told me that is was not true that the soldiers were sent to Iraq under equipt. I have a buddy who's mom had to send her son a flack jacket. I just love how people try to forget what really happened. I guess they don't want to know what is really going on.

Anyways, I found this Kerry quote:

If I am President, never again will parents or husbands or wives of soldiers have to send them body armor instead of photographs and care packages. Last month a young newlywed in Virginia who, as her husband was about to ship out to Iraq, gave him a bullet proof vest for Valentine's Day. I can tell you right now: in a Kerry Administration, no one will be getting body armor as a gift from a loved one; it will come from the Armed Forces of the United States of America. We will supply our troops with everything they need -- and we will reimburse each and every family who has had to buy body armor because this Administration made Valentine's Day part of the procurement process.

Here it is again....."My uncle's brother's sister's cousin knows a guy whose aunt's great uncle's grandpa heard about it from a guy he worked with.

Lol! Ain't that the truth! Hacking about in full combat gear in dust and sand and having to cope with heat of 45 degrees as well.

In 2006 we were issued with new technology Osprey combat body armour. It covers front and back with ceramic plates. Not only is it heavy, it's crap. It's so bulky that it hampers your ability to fire an assault rifle. When you wear it you can't fit your weapon comfortably to your shoulder. It's so thick the rifle butt slips off the edge, and you can't get your eye to the sight.

Guess what happened the first time we came under fire. To a man we all removed the plate inserts and threw them away. We felt freedom of movement and the ability to fire our weapons with accuracy was more likely to save our lives than thicker armour.

This freakin gear may well have been designed for greater protection when under fire, but most British soldiers will tell you it puts them at greater risk. It obviously wasn't designed by someone with combat experience.

Most British troops now ignore orders to wear it.

This is one of those hysterias created by the civilian left, trying to stick something on Bush. To support their asssertion, they go interview a handful of REMF, National Guardsmen who wouldn't know the difference between a flak jacket and a rain jacket.

When interviews from frontline troops starting coming in saying the new body armor was cumbersome, restrictive and more a hazzard than a help, the issue quietly died except for with the fringe nutcases such as we are dealing with here.

its only 80 lbs?
shoot, i thought it was close to double that by now
do you have any of the FCS gear yet?

If you're carrying more than 80 pounds in actual combat, something's wrong. If it don't shoot, stab or load into the rifle, or contain water, it's on the ground.

And I am retired. I was in the First Gulf War. This one's yours.:)

If you're carrying more than 80 pounds in actual combat, something's wrong. If it don't shoot, stab or load into the rifle, or contain water, it's on the ground.

And I am retired. I was in the First Gulf War. This one's yours.:)
not "mine" in that sense, i'm likely older than you ;)
by a few years
but i do stay up on whats being developed and deployed
always have

This is one of those hysterias created by the civilian left, trying to stick something on Bush. To support their asssertion, they go interview a handful of REMF, National Guardsmen who wouldn't know the difference between a flak jacket and a rain jacket.

When interviews from frontline troops starting coming in saying the new body armor was cumbersome, restrictive and more a hazzard than a help, the issue quietly died except for with the fringe nutcases such as we are dealing with here.

A case of a little knowledge.......

"A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again."

All I know is that our military is not Broke. Recruiting might be up, but our training has always been top notch. Our soldiers are dedicated and self-sacrificing. They are not perfect. I am glad that they do what they do. These people deserve respect not discouragement.

All I know is that our military is not Broke. Recruiting might be up, but our training has always been top notch. Our soldiers are dedicated and self-sacrificing. They are not perfect. I am glad that they do what they do. These people deserve respect not discouragement.

It is actually patriotic to say it if our military is broken. It is foolish to pretend it is not. You don't think Russia knows? They do. Only you stupid American's don't know.

And this is like McCain saying the fundamentals of our economy are strong and when he is found out to be wrong, spinning it so to suggest that we are insulting our troops or discouraging people from signing up.

News flash! Bush's decisions to stay the course for 3 years while they were being blown up has discouraged them. Putting the troops at Abu Grabe in jail for what Rumsfeld told them to do discouraged them.

Bush's management of the 2 wars. Spreading us thin, paying Blackwater employees $200K, stop loss, extra tours, etc.

Even McCain admits now that there was mismanagement.

It is actually patriotic to say it if our military is broken. It is foolish to pretend it is not. You don't think Russia knows? They do. Only you stupid American's don't know.

Even McCain admits now that there was mismanagement.

As someone who recently came back from Ft Sam where I had the honor to be alongside 80 some-odd Iraq vets: go gargle razorblades

as Someone Who Recently Came Back From Ft Sam Where I Had The Honor To Be Alongside 80 Some-odd Iraq Vets: Go Gargle Razorblades

Fuck You Asshole. It Wasn't their fault. It was their Commander And Chief.

And you will see this year bitch that more vets and soldiers are voting for Obama. You are a true piece of shit. Just like McCain. I respect what he and you did, but after you got back, you two can choke on cocks.

And Besides, This Wasn't Like The Great Bosnia/Kosovo War That Clinton Won With Barely Any Casualties.

And If You Mock The Kosovo/bosnian War, Then You Are Mocking The Soldiers, And You Can Eat A Dick Then Fag.

Were You Really Suggesting That I Was Dogging The Troops? I Thank Them Everytime I See Them. I also apologize for sending them into a bullshit war. If I Knew One of them was you, I'd Kick His Ass For Being A Potato Peeling Pussy. You Know It. We All Know It.

Last edited:
Fuck You Asshole. It Wasn't their fault. It was their Commander And Chief.

And you will see this year bitch that more vets and soldiers are voting for Obama. You are a true piece of shit. Just like McCain. I respect what he and you did, but after you got back, you two can choke on cocks.

And Besides, This Wasn't Like The Great Bosnia/Kosovo War That Clinton Won With Barely Any Casualties.

And If You Mock The Kosovo/bosnian War, Then You Are Mocking The Soldiers, And You Can Eat A Dick Then Fag.

Were You Really Suggesting That I Was Dogging The Troops? I Thank Them Everytime I See Them. I also apologize for sending them into a bullshit war. If I Knew One of them was you, I'd Kick His Ass For Being A Potato Peeling Pussy. You Know It. We All Know It.
uh first off its commander IN Chief (CinC for short)

and before you go claiming how great it was in kosovo, you forget we had ZERO ground troops there

and leave it to an "enlightened" liberal to make attacks on sexual orientation

Forum List

Back