Brian Sandoval, Republican governor of Nevada, is being vetted for Supreme Court vacancy

Mitch thinks he can wait to see how the wind blows and then see whether he wants to confirm

He hopes that Republicans take the Senate and Presidency and that Republicans will pick another Scalia making him a hero
He thinks that if Hillary wins, he can just approve the moderate and no harm done

If Hillary wins or has a huge lead in the polls, Obama will withdraw the nomination of Sandoval and Republicans will end up with a young liberal judge
You're not as stupid as I thought, except you still think the the beast still has a shot

Even if Trump wins and the Dems take the Senate, Obama still gets his man

You are as stupid as I thought after all. Obama would nominate a left-wing loon if he could. Clearly he can't. Trump is not going to nominate one either. Get over it. Elections have consequences.

If the Dems take the Senate, they will confirm Obama's nominee prior to the 20 Jan inauguration

Mitch thinks he can wait to see how the wind blows and then see whether he wants to confirm

He hopes that Republicans take the Senate and Presidency and that Republicans will pick another Scalia making him a hero
He thinks that if Hillary wins, he can just approve the moderate and no harm done

If Hillary wins or has a huge lead in the polls, Obama will withdraw the nomination of Sandoval and Republicans will end up with a young liberal judge
You're not as stupid as I thought, except you still think the the beast still has a shot

secretary Clinton, in case you're incapable of spelling beats the trumpster head to head.

I find it amusing that you still think the Donald will be president.

Conservative old me wants hearings.

Doesn't EVERYONE love a circus?
I just find McConnell to be offensive. I'd think his truly personal dislike of Obama was race, but he's married to an Asian-American.

Asians aren't the biggest fans of blacks either. In fact Asians aren't the biggest fans of anyone who is not Asian.

If Trump manages to win I doubt the Dems would take the Senate at the same time.

Could be...but Republicans still need to defend 24 seats, many in blue states

After all his shenanigans, will Trumps shirt tails extend to other Republicans?

Yeah but for Trump to win, he's gonna have to win in places like Oh, Wisc and PA, because with his poll # with Latinos, he's going to have trouble in places like NC Colo. So IF Trump wins, it should mean the gop has more votes in those senate battleground races where older displaced white voters tend to be living. The thing is though that those are the same voters the Clintons have traditionally done well with.

What happens if Trump wins and Dems take the Senate?

1. The Dem Senate will confirm Obama's appointment turning the Supreme Court 5-4
2. Older Judges like Ginsberg, Kennedy and Kennedy will resign/die
3. Trump will nominate replacements and the Democratic led Senate will refuse to consider them

I have a difficult time seeing Obama appointing a Republican to the court. Democrats would lose their shit over it and the Republicans would have to confirm him.

Republican governor of Nevada Brian Sandoval being considered for Supreme Court

Sandoval would be an excellent choice as he would not automatically tilt the court to one side or the other. If he is the nominee and Republicans block him, it will be to their own detriment. Of course, Obama would never nominate someone so middle of the road being the Communist that he is.

If the Dems take the Senate, they will confirm Obama's nominee prior to the 20 Jan inauguration
They won't take the senate and even if they do, it's not going to happen in two weeks with a lame duck president. Think ffs!

The vote will happen the first day of a new Senate
Not going to happen since Dems can't take 100 seats. Sorry.
They only have to take six to get to 50

He's pro-choice and pro-gay marriage so the social conservatives will throw a fit.

He's pro choice but against any late term abortion. If right to lifers ever decided to drop the total ban on abortion and try to limit it to the first trimester, they could find a lot of success with that.

They won't take the senate and even if they do, it's not going to happen in two weeks with a lame duck president. Think ffs!

The vote will happen the first day of a new Senate
Not going to happen since Dems can't take 100 seats. Sorry.
They only have to take six to get to 50

If only Dem's weren't running a communist freak and a corrupt lying incompetent under investigation by the FBI maybe they would have a shot at 50 :laugh:

I have a difficult time seeing Obama appointing a Republican to the court. Democrats would lose their shit over it and the Republicans would have to confirm him.

Republican governor of Nevada Brian Sandoval being considered for Supreme Court

Sandoval would be an excellent choice as he would not automatically tilt the court to one side or the other. If he is the nominee and Republicans block him, it will be to their own detriment. Of course, Obama would never nominate someone so middle of the road being the Communist that he is.
What is it that President Obama does that makes him a Communist?

Forum List

Back