Brian Sandoval, Republican governor of Nevada, is being vetted for Supreme Court vacancy

Sandoval would be an excellent choice as he would not automatically tilt the court to one side or the other. If he is the nominee and Republicans block him, it will be to their own detriment. Of course, Obama would never nominate someone so middle of the road being the Communist that he is.

Exactly.

Obama has no intention of nominating Sandoval. The machine floated the name in hopes of goading the Republicans to oppose him. Obama will never actually nominate the man.

Loretta Lynch, Kim Jong Uhn, perhaps...

Sandoval would be an excellent choice as he would not automatically tilt the court to one side or the other. If he is the nominee and Republicans block him, it will be to their own detriment. Of course, Obama would never nominate someone so middle of the road being the Communist that he is.

Exactly.

Obama has no intention of nominating Sandoval. The machine floated the name in hopes of goading the Republicans to oppose him. Obama will never actually nominate the man.

Loretta Lynch, Kim Jong Uhn, perhaps...

He would never have been asked if he was interested in the position if he were not on the short list.

Even if Trump wins and the Dems take the Senate, Obama still gets his man
You are as stupid as I thought after all. Obama would nominate a left-wing loon if he could. Clearly he can't. Trump is not going to nominate one either. Get over it. Elections have consequences.
What is your evidence of that?
He's chosen two already, Do you need more evidence?

Leaning left does not make one a loon. Obama nominated more liberal judges when he knew they would be confirmed under a Democratic controlled Senate. Now is a different time, so his nominee cannot be ultra liberal if he wants them to be confirmed or even considered. Obama is smarter than most Republicans, especially when it comes to politicking. Nominating Sandoval is a win win for Obama. It's an even bigger win for him if Sandoval is not confirmed. This doesn't just tie into the race for the White House. Dems have a very good shot at taking back the Senate also, and a Sandoval nomination would play right into this.

He would never have been asked if he was interested in the position if he were not on the short list.

I suspect it was feint to goad the Republicans into opposing him. It does not fit for Obama to put forth someone like Sandoval.

That's because you believe Obama is some far left wing liberal which is not at all who he has been as president. Cons have painted him that way, but it's really never been true of him. Sure, he's left of center, but outside of Obamacare nothing he has done has really been way out there. Politically, it would be a smart move. If Republicans confirm him, then he assures that the court is not given another very conservative justice should the Republicans win the White House. If Republicans refuse to confirm him, then it really becomes a huge political issue that Dems can use against Senate Republicans running for re-election. Republicans have long underestimated Obama's political prowess. Doing so again would be extremely foolish.

I have a difficult time seeing Obama appointing a Republican to the court. Democrats would lose their shit over it and the Republicans would have to confirm him.

Republican governor of Nevada Brian Sandoval being considered for Supreme Court

Seriously? It would be brilliant strategy.

That said, the whole idea that any judge would have a political party is kind of an absurdity. Contradiction in terms, like "for-profit hospital".
Many hospitals are "for-profit".

I have a difficult time seeing Obama appointing a Republican to the court. Democrats would lose their shit over it and the Republicans would have to confirm him.

Republican governor of Nevada Brian Sandoval being considered for Supreme Court
Seems like a moderate. Socially liberal, fiscally conservative. Fine by me.

He's not all that fiscally conservative either. He has been a guest in my home several times going back to when he was our AG, and I personally like the man. He's a tad too willing to raise taxes without first enumerating where they will go for my part, but I like all of his other attributes.

That's because you believe Obama is some far left wing liberal which is not at all who he has been as president.

What color is the sky on your planet?

Cons have painted him that way, but it's really never been true of him. Sure, he's left of center, but outside of Obamacare nothing he has done has really been way out there. Politically, it would be a smart move. If Republicans confirm him, then he assures that the court is not given another very conservative justice should the Republicans win the White House. If Republicans refuse to confirm him, then it really becomes a huge political issue that Dems can use against Senate Republicans running for re-election. Republicans have long underestimated Obama's political prowess. Doing so again would be extremely foolish.

Other than Fascist Care, attacks on civil rights, particularly freedom of religion, promotion of gay marriage, fostering racial hatred, appointing radical left judges like Kagan, kow towing to hostile foreign powers including paving the way for an Iranian "ObamaNuke," while declaring that America is nothing special, there is nothing radical left about Obutthole.

You know, other than that...

Sandoval has removed his name from consideration.

Thereby proving beyond a doubt that he is a candidate worthy of consideration by the looming Republican (or Independent, if it comes to it) presidency.

Having not sat to dine with swine he retains his right to come to the table!

Now watch the haters pile on......

And, Oh, you of low reading comprehension skill, note the use of "consideration" rather than "confirmation".

That's because you believe Obama is some far left wing liberal which is not at all who he has been as president.

What color is the sky on your planet?

Cons have painted him that way, but it's really never been true of him. Sure, he's left of center, but outside of Obamacare nothing he has done has really been way out there. Politically, it would be a smart move. If Republicans confirm him, then he assures that the court is not given another very conservative justice should the Republicans win the White House. If Republicans refuse to confirm him, then it really becomes a huge political issue that Dems can use against Senate Republicans running for re-election. Republicans have long underestimated Obama's political prowess. Doing so again would be extremely foolish.

Other than Fascist Care, attacks on civil rights, particularly freedom of religion, promotion of gay marriage, fostering racial hatred, appointing radical left judges like Kagan, kow towing to hostile foreign powers including paving the way for an Iranian "ObamaNuke," while declaring that America is nothing special, there is nothing radical left about Obutthole.

You know, other than that...

Promotion of gay marriage? There should never have been anything preventing it to begin with. Racial hatred? That comes from those who are not discriminated against, in other words, whites. Attacks on freedom of religion? I can't recall Obama calling for the closing of any churches. Funny thing though; the leading Republican candidate has called for the closing of certain Mosques. Now that would be an attack on religious freedom. Fascist Care? I can't help you don't want to pay for health insurance, and I wouldn't care if you chose not to buy it if hospitals weren't forced to treat you when you couldn't pay leaving me and everyone else who does have insurance footing your bill. And yes, we know you would prefer a radical right leaning conservative judge like Scalia, but you don't always get what you want. And as for Iran, we have a deal that works. If Iran does not abide by it, then we can do anything we want including blasting them to Hell and back. That option is never off the table, so the deal is not a bad one. You ought to try boxers, because those briefs you're wearing are a bit too tight.

Promotion of gay marriage? There should never have been anything preventing it to begin with. Racial hatred? That comes from those who are not discriminated against, in other words, whites. Attacks on freedom of religion? I can't recall Obama calling for the closing of any churches. Funny thing though; the leading Republican candidate has called for the closing of certain Mosques. Now that would be an attack on religious freedom. Fascist Care? I can't help you don't want to pay for health insurance, and I wouldn't care if you chose not to buy it if hospitals weren't forced to treat you when you couldn't pay leaving me and everyone else who does have insurance footing your bill. And yes, we know you would prefer a radical right leaning conservative judge like Scalia, but you don't always get what you want. And as for Iran, we have a deal that works. If Iran does not abide by it, then we can do anything we want including blasting them to Hell and back. That option is never off the table, so the deal is not a bad one. You ought to try boxers, because those briefs you're wearing are a bit too tight.

So to you Obama is not far left because you are radical left and it just seems normal to you. :thup:

So to you Obama is not far left because you are radical left and it just seems normal to you. :thup:

I was a moderate Republican for more than 25 years. I am far from being far left. The problem with people like you is that you are so far to the right you are about to fall off the edge of the earth.

Forum List

Back