Brewer Likely to Veto Homophobic AZ Measure

Even Gov Boneyfinger can figure it out

Just because fag hating Republicans have the votes to pass a hate law doesn't mean it makes sense to do so

I live in AZ, and Brewer is becoming very much aware of the fact that the state is already under boycott by those that are taking a stand against discrimination. Her term limit expires soon, and she will not be up for reelection, so she is no longer owned by the far Right. She will veto it with regret. She is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Agree.

I lived there for more than 25 years and watched the radical right make a lot of real blunders like 1070 and making the same gun that was used to kill a little girl and maim Gabby Giffords the "state gun". Talk about rubbing salt in terrible wounds.

AZ used to be a beautiful state and good place to live. Not so much any more though.

Why must we all tolerate religions but not vice versa? If they want to change the Constitution, let them pay taxes. Until then, they need to keep their hate campaigns inside their churches.

Once again, liberals show they hate both liberty and private property. Well, I for one am truly shocked.

:lol:

I grew up in the deep south, where the Right wing worshiped Lester Maddox, Ross Barnett, and George Wallace.

Some things never change. Even more striking is how some people, no matter how long they live, never learn. I was very surprised when George Wallace actually admitted, before he died, that he had been wrong about segregation. There are, unfortunately, those that are not even as wise as George Wallace turned out to be.

Drive the intolerant bigots to their own hell.
No worries. Death will claim they soon enough. This is just the death rattle of Conservative Political Christianity, but we have a decade or two left to go.

That's what we used to think about the segregationist bigots back in the 70's -- they were stung in he 60's but they die off started by 1972 and they were becoming a National shame, the bad guy evil characters in films like Mississippi Burning.

In in 2008, the first black President was elected and we found out they were just hibernating.

I wish they'd go back under their rocks.

They add nothing to the national dialogue.

And quite frankly I will be surprised if she just doesn't leave it on her desk for the next 3-4 days (however much time is left) and let it become law WITHOUT her signature.

Win-Win.
Lose-Lose you mean. It will cost the state money and the court will toss it because it isn't specific enough. If it was specific enough the court would toss for creating an unequal class. It's DOA no matter what.

Yeah, you're probably right sonny. Just like the fags bankrupting Chick-Fil-A worked so well....grow up.

You are the one who needs to get in touch with the realities on the ground:

Companies from American Airlines to Apple oppose Arizona bill aimed at gays

Companies from Apple Inc. to American Airlines Group Inc. called on Arizona Governor Jan Brewer to veto a bill allowing businesses to refuse service on religious grounds, a measure that opponents say is meant to allow discrimination against gays.

The measure passed last week prompted tourists to cancel reservations and companies to say they would locate elsewhere if it became law. The bill threatens to reverse an economic recovery in a state among those hardest hit by the housing crash, opponents said, and to cement a reputation fostered by a 2010 anti-immigration law and a fight in the 1990s over celebrating the Martin Luther King holiday.

Last edited:
The bill threatens to reverse an economic recovery in a state among those hardest hit by the housing crash,

and of course, there is absolutely no data at all to support this ridiculous claim. But whatever. Since the country is now full of Statists, it's perceived that by allowing people to chose means they will chose in the fashion in which all the uproar is over. And once again, that claim is not supported by any data.

Let's just admit that we have a country full of little dictators that want to tell individuals what they can and can not do with their own private property.

The so-called Christian heretics of the far right reactionary wings simply immature (many willingly so) about church and state.

TASK and RF are two examples of the pathetic fold of man made doctrines.

Step along, guys.

The so-called Christian heretics of the far right reactionary wings simply immature (many willingly so) about church and state.

TASK and RF are two examples of the pathetic fold of man made doctrines.

Step along, guys.

I presume you meant TASB, and I'm agnostic, shit for brains. :lmao:

But we already know you hate liberty and private property.

It worked out so well for Ariz with the MLKjr holiday thing.

Super Bowl could nix Arizona if it doesn't back off anti-gay law - NFL - Sporting News

still, personally I'm all for the free exercise of religion, even if outs people as intolerant hypocrites, and I'm all for freedom of speech in outing people as intolerant hypocrites and denying econ benefit to them and all who support them.

Exactly. The hypocrites who are so against this do not seem to realize just how hypocritical they are. Oh well, thats why we call them liberal. Hypocrite is the default position.

It worked out so well for Ariz with the MLKjr holiday thing.

Super Bowl could nix Arizona if it doesn't back off anti-gay law - NFL - Sporting News

still, personally I'm all for the free exercise of religion, even if outs people as intolerant hypocrites, and I'm all for freedom of speech in outing people as intolerant hypocrites and denying econ benefit to them and all who support them.

Exactly. The hypocrites who are so against this do not seem to realize just how hypocritical they are. Oh well, thats why we call them liberal. Hypocrite is the default position.

We are all hypocrites, but only some of us choose to exclude others based upon our prejudices. Neverhless, you were in error saying there is no evidence that Arizona's passage of this law will not have a neg economic effect on the recovery. It's very possible the NFL will pull a few hundred million and send that towards Calif or someplace, as they did just that once before.

And quite frankly I will be surprised if she just doesn't leave it on her desk for the next 3-4 days (however much time is left) and let it become law WITHOUT her signature.

Win-Win.
Lose-Lose you mean. It will cost the state money and the court will toss it because it isn't specific enough. If it was specific enough the court would toss for creating an unequal class. It's DOA no matter what.

Yeah, you're probably right sonny. Just like the fags bankrupting Chick-Fil-A worked so well....grow up.

I believe that the Far Right should eat at Chick-Fil-A every day.

I believe that the Far Right should eat at Chick-Fil-A every day.

I suspect they do. (-:

Forum List

Back