Breibart Sued

I agree with Maddy, I don't think it will get to trial.

If Sherrod doesn't stop it herself, her "friends" will cause her to think it all the way through and she'll realize that even if he loses the case, Breitbart wins.

Her new job is going to mitigate a LOT of her damages, especially given the fact that she makes more now than she did at the job she lost, and she had zero trouble securing a new job. There may be some damages with regard to her retirement.

Also, I think a Judge is going to have serous concerns as to the purpose of the suit when she doesn't name the two agencies directly liable for her damages.

I hope it goes to trial. It would be VERY interesting to watch, as both sides have a good story to tell.

If Sherrod doesn't stop it herself, her "friends" will cause her to think it all the way through and she'll realize that even if he loses the case, Breitbart wins.

Her new job is going to mitigate a LOT of her damages, especially given the fact that she makes more now than she did at the job she lost, and she had zero trouble securing a new job. There may be some damages with regard to her retirement.

Also, I think a Judge is going to have serous concerns as to the purpose of the suit when she doesn't name the two agencies directly liable for her damages.

I hope it goes to trial. It would be VERY interesting to watch, as both sides have a good story to tell.

There are monetary damages, there are personal damages and their are punative damages

She now must answer the question "Have you ever been fired" in the positive
She was subjected to extreme emotional distress on a national level and was the subject of 24/7 news coverage attacking her as a racist.....even if it was only for 24 hours

Even if she was ultimately vindicated and apologies were offered, it does not mean she did not suffer extreme distress.

Let the jury assign monetary damages and punative damages if they find Breitbart acted out of malice

There are monetary damages, there are personal damages and their are punative damages

She was subjected to extreme emotional distress on a national level and was the subject of 24/7 news coverage attacking her as a racist.....even if it was only for 24 hours

Even if she was ultimately vindicated and apologies were offered, it does not mean she did not suffer extreme distress.

Let the jury assign monetary damages and punative damages if they find Breitbart acted out of malice

I agree with all of that.

And the damages are small. Her biggest damage was the job.

She admits that she was a racist, but that she has grown beyond it, so that's moot.

And "Have you ever been fired" didn't hurt her one iota in securing a new job, even in the worst employment market in 30 years.

She has damages, no doubt. But Breitbart isn't responsible for them, the USDA and NAACP are. Breitbart didn't fire her, USDA did. Breitbart didn't go on a campaign to get her fired, NAACP did.

Breitbart is hoping it goes to trial, I guarantee that.

The trial will not be about Breitbart. He'll be dealt with early on. Her best scenario is that she can't make a case against him and the Judge throws it out after they've presented their case. If Breitbart's lawyers get to the point of calling their own witnesses and asking their own questions, Katy bar the door.

It will be a circus.

Which is why I don't believe they'll actually go through with it.

Will be dismissed on summary judgement. She was a public official and he didn't lie about anything. Selective exposure, but didn't lying at. As a public official, defamation law suits require gross neglience or wanton disregard for the trust. The standard is so high to meet, public officials have an snowballs chance in hell of winning!

I agree with all of that.

And the damages are small. Her biggest damage was the job.

She admits that she was a racist, but that she has grown beyond it, so that's moot.

And "Have you ever been fired" didn't hurt her one iota in securing a new job, even in the worst employment market in 30 years.

She has damages, no doubt. But Breitbart isn't responsible for them, the USDA and NAACP are. Breitbart didn't fire her, USDA did. Breitbart didn't go on a campaign to get her fired, NAACP did.

Breitbart is hoping it goes to trial, I guarantee that.

The trial will not be about Breitbart. He'll be dealt with early on. Her best scenario is that she can't make a case against him and the Judge throws it out after they've presented their case. If Breitbart's lawyers get to the point of calling their own witnesses and asking their own questions, Katy bar the door.

It will be a circus.

Which is why I don't believe they'll actually go through with it.

Isn't that for a jury to decide? If Breitbart has clean hands, then he has nothing to worry about.

However, if he acted maliciously and his actions set everything else into motion then he can be held liable and be subject to punative damages in addition to real monetary damages

Isn't that for a jury to decide? If Breitbart has clean hands, then he has nothing to worry about.

However, if he acted maliciously and his actions set everything else into motion then he can be held liable and be subject to punative damages in addition to real monetary damages

It may or may not be for a Jury. I agree that it will be dismissed on Summary, because Breitbart isn't who she should be suing, and she is going to have a hard time building a case against him. USDA and NAACP are the targets she should have gone after, with Breitbart as a "cursory defendant."

I don't think he's worried in the least. In fact, I'd be surprised if he's not giddy as a schoolgirl at the opportunity this presents him. He wants it to go to trial, I'm certain.

If I were him, I certainly would.

It may or may not be for a Jury. I agree that it will be dismissed on Summary, because Breitbart isn't who she should be suing, and she is going to have a hard time building a case against him. USDA and NAACP are the targets she should have gone after, with Breitbart as a "cursory defendant."

I don't think he's worried in the least. In fact, I'd be surprised if he's not giddy as a schoolgirl at the opportunity this presents him. He wants it to go to trial, I'm certain.

I, for one, am glad that he is giddy

Let him prove that his false editing did not set everything else in motion

If not for Breitbart......none of the subsequent actions woul occur

prove he edited anything

Excellent timing. The Libs try to sue one of the Tea Party's leaders.

What a coincidence. :bsflag:

Maybe they'll claim it was racially motivated. Problem is the NAACP was the ones blowing it out of proportion by calling for her head. Maybe they were pissed about Sherrod not wanting to be a racist. Something the NAACP is through and through.

Last edited:
Oh Goodie!

Considering the massive fraud that has been conducted via Pigford, having the legal ability to subpeona documents in his defense will be a news bonanza for Breitbart.

Only 3,000 black farmers were identified as real victims (and many of them have been screwed out of getting settlement dollars), while over 90,000 fake victims have collected "reparations".

Sherrod was one of the con artists.

Oh Goodie!

Considering the massive fraud that has been conducted via Pigford, having the legal ability to subpeona documents in his defense will be a news bonanza for Breitbart.

Only 3,000 black farmers were identified as real victims (and many of them have been screwed out of getting settlement dollars), while over 90,000 fake victims have collected "reparations".

Sherrod was one of the con artists.

As I've said, the only way Breitbart can lose is if she drops the suit.

He is like a kid waiting on Christmas right now.

I hope he subpeonas Eric Holder.

No doubt.

But it will be quite entertaining to watch the Most Transparent Administration Evah hide from public scrutiny...yet again.

Forum List

Back