Breaking: Three Muslim Students Murdered at Chapel Hill

This is what happens when blind bigotry starts to run amok.
These three kids pay the price for the crimes of ISIS and died at the hands of America's best known homegrown product: the bigoted white redneck with a gun.

3 Muslim students shot to death in apartment near UNC Chapel Hill
3 Muslim students shot to death in apartment near UNC Chapel Hill - CNN.com

"""Police haven't said what may have compelled the accused, Craig Stephen Hicks, to allegedly carry out the attack Tuesday evening. He turned himself in to police later in the night.

But given the victims' religion and comments the alleged shooter apparently left on a Facebook page, many social media users wondered what role, if any, the victims' faith played.
The victims were Muslims: Deah Shaddy Barakat, 23; Yusor Mohammad, 21; and Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, 19.""""

This and similar incidents are what comes from the anti-arab/Muslim propaganda from US media since 9/11. Arabs, Muslims, and anyone not Christian is a threat. For most of us, being calm rational well-adjusted human beings we understand this isn't true and aren't so close to snapping simple repetition will push us over the line, but for some, it's enough. See someone in hijab or with a beard and you go off from the slightest provcation.
My Muslim neighbor and I were talking about this last night. He told me he hopes he is not paranoid but he is noticing that he gets a lot more menacing looks from idiots.

I've yet to have a bad experience with Muslims, Mennonites, general Christians, or anyone else. While I'm not fond of religions proper, I have no issues with individuals.

These three kids pay the price for the crimes of ISIS and died at the hands of America's best known homegrown product: the bigoted white redneck with a gun.

"""Police haven't said what may have compelled the accused, Craig Stephen Hicks, to allegedly carry out the attack Tuesday evening. He turned himself in to police later in the night.

But given the victims' religion and comments the alleged shooter apparently left on a Facebook page, many social media users wondered what role, if any, the victims' faith played.
The victims were Muslims: Deah Shaddy Barakat, 23; Yusor Mohammad, 21; and Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, 19.""""

This and similar incidents are what comes from the anti-arab/Muslim propaganda from US media since 9/11. Arabs, Muslims, and anyone not Christian is a threat. For most of us, being calm rational well-adjusted human beings we understand this isn't true and aren't so close to snapping simple repetition will push us over the line, but for some, it's enough. See someone in hijab or with a beard and you go off from the slightest provcation.
My Muslim neighbor and I were talking about this last night. He told me he hopes he is not paranoid but he is noticing that he gets a lot more menacing looks from idiots.

I've yet to have a bad experience with Muslims, Mennonites, general Christians, or anyone else. While I'm not fond of religions proper, I have no issues with individuals.
You rarely if ever have problems with people that are truly religious. One of our family friends is a white family of christians that are most likely the kindess people I have ever met in my life.

You rarely if ever have problems with people that are truly religious. One of our family friends is a white family of christians that are most likely the kindess people I have ever met in my life.

Good illustration of the friendliness of actual Muslims was/s (dunno if it's still up) Yahoo Chatrooms. The Muslim religion rooms compared to the Jewish and Christians ones are night and day. Jews and Christians cuss and argue in the extreme. Muslims don't.

Until we have more information, right now this dispute is over a parking space, and the killer is an atheist who hates all religions. At this point there is no evidence that these people were killed solely because they were Muslims.

Until we have more information, right now this dispute is over a parking space, and the killer is an atheist who hates all religions. At this point there is no evidence that these people were killed solely because they were Muslims.
Thats not what the victims families are saying. I think they know better than anyone else.

I'm an atheist who hates all religions too but solidly pacifist. To kill someone requires fear and hatred and a trigger. But the trigger event, the parking dispute, didn't create the fear and hatred. He's prolly had other such disputes with non-Muslims but didn't kill them.

Is the OP ready to come back now and apologize ?

What the hell for? Posting a news story?

Did you mean post 2?

No, I'm talking about the narrative that the OP attempted to paint without having all the evidence.

This is his original post:

These three kids pay the price for the crimes of ISIS and died at the hands of America's best known homegrown product: the bigoted white redneck with a gun

Thats not what the victims families are saying. I think they know better than anyone else.

Well of course they are going to jump to that conclusion, and they may be right, but based on his Facebook page, he hated all religions.
We'll have to wait for a thorough investigation, but for now it looks like this guy had anger problems and this particular incident was sparked by a parking issue.

I'm an atheist who hates all religions too but solidly pacifist. To kill someone requires fear and hatred and a trigger. But the trigger event, the parking dispute, didn't create the fear and hatred. He's prolly had other such disputes with non-Muslims but didn't kill them.

You cannot hate and be a pacifist at the same time.

Well of course they are going to jump to that conclusion, and they may be right, but based on his Facebook page, he hated all religions.
We'll have to wait for a thorough investigation, but for now it looks like this guy had anger problems and this particular incident was sparked by a parking issue.
I doubt its jumping to conclusions. They had intimate contact with him prior to the shooting. No face book page is going to be able to portray what they experienced. Its sad when face book is more credible than actual people. For all we know he could have been setting up his page to look like he was an atheist and hated all religions simply so he wouldnt be charged with a hate crime.

Can you explain that statement? Thats not true from my understanding of the two terms.

I doubt its jumping to conclusions. They had intimate contact with him prior to the shooting. No face book page is going to be able to portray what they experienced. Its sad when face book is more credible than actual people. For all we know he could have been setting up his page to look like he was an atheist and hated all religions simply so he wouldnt be charged with a hate crime.

Maybe, but we need some proof first.

That's patently absurd.

Has your edit window closed yet? Might wanna scrub that while you can.

Is the OP ready to come back now and apologize ?

What the hell for? Posting a news story?

Did you mean post 2?

No, I'm talking about the narrative that the OP attempted to paint without having all the evidence.

This is his original post:

These three kids pay the price for the crimes of ISIS and died at the hands of America's best known homegrown product: the bigoted white redneck with a gun

I know what the post is. I read it, then thought I must have missed something and read it again, then thought I still must have missed something and read it a third time. It doesn't change.

What the hell is in there to apologize for?

Now post 2, that's a no-brainer. But this one -- what in the fuck are you talking about? This event is exactly what all that bullshit about "Islam is iherently evil" that we see here posted every day leads to. There's no doubt of that; it's gone on throughout human history. And that's exactly why people like me call it out for the bullshit it is. So it's spot-on... this is exactly what bigotry run amok looks like.

Why would you come on this board (or indeed anywhere) and defend bigotry? :disbelief:

He wasn't a redneck you stupid fuck! He was a far left atheist! He was one of you!

good shoot ! a few thousand more and maybe they will get the hint they are not welcome in America :up:

See what I mean. Post about a white redneck murdering in the name of Christianity and a redneck pops up just like Jack in the Box.

Are you purposefully trying to be an arrogant ass? He was a devote atheist, he hated Christianity just as much. Also he was a leftist scumbag like you not a redneck!

A quick trip to the Craig Hicks's Facebook page reveals that not only was Hicks a fan of the SPLC, he was a self-described “militant atheist”- with numerous photos, memes and posts mocking Christianity. Some posts call God a sociopath and call Christianity a “pyramid scheme.” His other Facebook likes include the Neil DeGrasse Tyson television show “Cosmos,” famous British atheist Richard Dawkins, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Sarah Silverman, Friedrich Nietzsche, The Huffington Post, LGBT Ally groups and various other progressive fan pages. It is safe to say this is the same man as the Craig Hicks who appeared in court Feb.11, as Hicks's personal photos match the appearance of the man who appeared in court yesterday. - See more at: Chapel Hill Shooting Suspect a Fan of Left Wing Hate Group SPLC

he's a leftist assclown, like all leftist

Assclownage would be you, Sparky, for jumping over three dead bodies to try to score political points on an internet message board. Apparently that's all three innocent lives are worth to you.

If losers like you need to run association fallacies, that puts you in the same camp with all sorts of sleaze f4rom Steve McRacist to David Duke to Adolf Hitler.

Your logic. That what you want?

Asshole.
Did you say the same thing to the op?

no?

stunning revelation

A quick trip to the Craig Hicks's Facebook page reveals that not only was Hicks a fan of the SPLC, he was a self-described “militant atheist”- with numerous photos, memes and posts mocking Christianity. Some posts call God a sociopath and call Christianity a “pyramid scheme.” His other Facebook likes include the Neil DeGrasse Tyson television show “Cosmos,” famous British atheist Richard Dawkins, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Sarah Silverman, Friedrich Nietzsche, The Huffington Post, LGBT Ally groups and various other progressive fan pages. It is safe to say this is the same man as the Craig Hicks who appeared in court Feb.11, as Hicks's personal photos match the appearance of the man who appeared in court yesterday. - See more at: Chapel Hill Shooting Suspect a Fan of Left Wing Hate Group SPLC

Assclownage would be you, Sparky, for jumping over three dead bodies to try to score political points on an internet message board. Apparently that's all three innocent lives are worth to you.

If losers like you need to run association fallacies, that puts you in the same camp with all sorts of sleaze f4rom Steve McRacist to David Duke to Adolf Hitler.

Asshole.

Are you referring to the OP who immediately jumped to a conclusion that fit his political agenda ?

In this thread? That makes no sense.

There's nothing in the OP about politics. That came in TwoScums' post above -- and several others.
That kid of shit needs to crawl into a gutter and drown in its own puke.
Liar

his first 3 lines show prove it

Asshole.
Did you say the same thing to the op?

no?

stunning revelation

Read the thread much?

No?

Stunning revelation.

One thing is clear: The 3 victims seemed like good eggs. The male victim was in dental school and was trying to raise money to provide free dental work to the poor.

Not too many muslims in this country are good eggs, these 3 seemed like they were!

Forum List

Back