Breaking: Three Muslim Students Murdered at Chapel Hill

This is what happens when blind bigotry starts to run amok.
These three kids pay the price for the crimes of ISIS and died at the hands of America's best known homegrown product: the bigoted white redneck with a gun.

3 Muslim students shot to death in apartment near UNC Chapel Hill
3 Muslim students shot to death in apartment near UNC Chapel Hill - CNN.com

"""Police haven't said what may have compelled the accused, Craig Stephen Hicks, to allegedly carry out the attack Tuesday evening. He turned himself in to police later in the night.

But given the victims' religion and comments the alleged shooter apparently left on a Facebook page, many social media users wondered what role, if any, the victims' faith played.
The victims were Muslims: Deah Shaddy Barakat, 23; Yusor Mohammad, 21; and Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, 19.""""

This and similar incidents are what comes from the anti-arab/Muslim propaganda from US media since 9/11. Arabs, Muslims, and anyone not Christian is a threat. For most of us, being calm rational well-adjusted human beings we understand this isn't true and aren't so close to snapping simple repetition will push us over the line, but for some, it's enough. See someone in hijab or with a beard and you go off from the slightest provcation.

Until we have more information, right now this dispute is over a parking space, and the killer is an atheist who hates all religions. At this point there is no evidence that these people were killed solely because they were Muslims.

I'm an atheist who hates all religions too but solidly pacifist. To kill someone requires fear and hatred and a trigger. But the trigger event, the parking dispute, didn't create the fear and hatred. He's prolly had other such disputes with non-Muslims but didn't kill them.

You cannot hate and be a pacifist at the same time.

That's patently absurd.

Has your edit window closed yet? Might wanna scrub that while you can.

I believe my claim is spot on.

These three kids pay the price for the crimes of ISIS and died at the hands of America's best known homegrown product: the bigoted white redneck with a gun.

"""Police haven't said what may have compelled the accused, Craig Stephen Hicks, to allegedly carry out the attack Tuesday evening. He turned himself in to police later in the night.

But given the victims' religion and comments the alleged shooter apparently left on a Facebook page, many social media users wondered what role, if any, the victims' faith played.
The victims were Muslims: Deah Shaddy Barakat, 23; Yusor Mohammad, 21; and Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, 19.""""

A quick trip to the Craig Hicks's Facebook page reveals that not only was Hicks a fan of the SPLC, he was a self-described “militant atheist”- with numerous photos, memes and posts mocking Christianity. Some posts call God a sociopath and call Christianity a “pyramid scheme.” His other Facebook likes include the Neil DeGrasse Tyson television show “Cosmos,” famous British atheist Richard Dawkins, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Sarah Silverman, Friedrich Nietzsche, The Huffington Post, LGBT Ally groups and various other progressive fan pages. It is safe to say this is the same man as the Craig Hicks who appeared in court Feb.11, as Hicks's personal photos match the appearance of the man who appeared in court yesterday. - See more at: Chapel Hill Shooting Suspect a Fan of Left Wing Hate Group SPLC

he's a leftist assclown, like all leftist

Assclownage would be you, Sparky, for jumping over three dead bodies to try to score political points on an internet message board. Apparently that's all three innocent lives are worth to you.

If losers like you need to run association fallacies, that puts you in the same camp with all sorts of sleaze f4rom Steve McRacist to David Duke to Adolf Hitler.

Your logic. That what you want?

Asshole.
Did you say the same thing to the op?

no?

stunning revelation

Read the thread much?

No?

Stunning revelation.
You're a hypocrite.

you gave me shit but lied about the op when called out.

you're dismissed.

One thing is clear: The 3 victims seemed like good eggs. The male victim was in dental school and was trying to raise money to provide free dental work to the poor.

Not too many muslims in this country are good eggs, these 3 seemed like they were!

Link?
You've done a survey then?

Assclownage would be you, Sparky, for jumping over three dead bodies to try to score political points on an internet message board. Apparently that's all three innocent lives are worth to you.

If losers like you need to run association fallacies, that puts you in the same camp with all sorts of sleaze f4rom Steve McRacist to David Duke to Adolf Hitler.

Asshole.

^^^^^^^^^^IN Bold is just what the OP did, but no outrage from Pogo on that issue.

Asshole.

^^^^^^^^^^IN Bold is just what the OP did, but no outrage from Pogo on that issue.

Then it's funny that nobody can point out where it is.

Asshole.

I read the OP. I dont see what you are talking about. Maybe if you quoted the part in the OP you were referring to?

Redneck Indeed

"A review of the Facebook page of the man charged in these murders, Craig Hicks, shows a consistent themes of anti-religion and progressive causes. Included in his many Facebook “likes” are the Huffington Post, Rachel Maddow, the Southern Poverty Law Center, Freedom from Religion Foundation, Bill Nye “The Science Guy,” Neil deGrasse Tyson, Gay Marriage groups, and a host of anti-conservative/Tea Party pages.

Remarkably, one of the four Facebook groups he had joined included “Religious Tolerance”....

@PJMedia_com: Killer of 3 UNC-Chapel Hill Muslim Students Was Hardcore Anti-Religion Progressive Killer of 3 UNC-Chapel Hill Muslim Students Was Hardcore Anti-Religion Atheist Progressive PJ Tatler #tcot

Worth repeating.
Hilarious...

A quick trip to the Craig Hicks's Facebook page reveals that not only was Hicks a fan of the SPLC, he was a self-described “militant atheist”- with numerous photos, memes and posts mocking Christianity. Some posts call God a sociopath and call Christianity a “pyramid scheme.” His other Facebook likes include the Neil DeGrasse Tyson television show “Cosmos,” famous British atheist Richard Dawkins, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Sarah Silverman, Friedrich Nietzsche, The Huffington Post, LGBT Ally groups and various other progressive fan pages. It is safe to say this is the same man as the Craig Hicks who appeared in court Feb.11, as Hicks's personal photos match the appearance of the man who appeared in court yesterday. - See more at: Chapel Hill Shooting Suspect a Fan of Left Wing Hate Group SPLC

he's a leftist assclown, like all leftist

Asshole.
Just for you, remind me when you jumped on sealybobo, Guno, or Noteapartyplease for their claims it was either a teaparty member or a conservative or a christian? How about the other posters in this and the other thread that made similar claims? I notice you don't mention them at all.

Asshole.

I read the OP. I dont see what you are talking about. Maybe if you quoted the part in the OP you were referring to?
Quote NTPP
"the bigoted white redneck with a gun."
I am amused you missed that part.

>> Hicks was known for his temper and confrontational behavior. His ex-wife, Cynthia Hurley, who divorced Hicks about 17 years ago, said his favorite film was “Falling Down,” in which a disgruntled and unemployed defense industry worker played by Michael Douglas goes on a shooting rampage.

“That always freaked me out,” Hurley told the Associated Press. “He watched it incessantly. He thought it was hilarious. He had no compassion at all.”

.... among his neighbors at the Finley Forest condominium complex, the leafy Chapel Hill enclave where Barakat and Yusor Abu-Salha also lived, Hicks was infamous for being loud and aggressive.

“He kind of made everyone feel uncomfortable and unsafe,” resident Samantha Maness told the Raleigh News and Observer. “He was very angry anytime I saw him.”

[Muslims doubt that religion wasn’t a factor in the killings]

Maness describes Hicks as particularly fixated on parking and noise. He was known for having unfamiliar cars towed and had confronted Maness for being too loud. Last year, she said, residents convened a meeting to discuss Hicks’s behavior, but nothing came of it.

Barakat, who lived near Hicks, was reportedly a frequent target of this anger. Barakat had lived there with his friend Imad Ahmad until December, when he married Abu-Salha. Ahmad told the Associated Press that Hicks would come to their door about once a month to complain that the two men were parking in a visitor’s spot as well as their own.

“He would come over to the door. Knock on the door and then have a gun on his hip saying, ‘You guys need to not park here,’ ” said Ahmad, a graduate student in chemistry at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. “He did it again after [Barakat and Abu-Salha] got married.”

Mohammad Abu-Salha, Yusor’s father, said his daughter told him about multiple confrontations with Hicks during the seven or so weeks she lived in the apartment. (Chapel Hill Police said they knew nothing of these incidents until after the killings.)

“This man came knocking at the door and fighting about everything with a gun on his belt, more than twice,” he told CNN. “She told us, ‘Daddy, I think he hates us for who we are and how we look.’ ” <<

Now here's where it comes home to this internet blogosphere -- the one we're sitting in:

... Hicks comes across as confrontational on social media as he was toward his neighbors, particularly when it comes to religion. In the “About” section of his Facebook profile he wrote: “If your religion kept its big mouth shut, so would I. But given that it doesn’t, and given the enormous harm that your religion has done in this world, I’d say that I have not only a right, but a duty, to insult it, as does every rational, thinking person on this planet.” He also describes himself as a Second Amendment rights advocate and was licensed to carry a concealed firearm. He posted an image of his loaded revolver three weeks before the shooting. <<
How many times have we all read this same sentiment here, in the Politics Forum.. in Current Events... in Religion...? Could anyone even count them?

That is who owns this.

Is the OP ready to come back now and apologize ?

What the hell for? Posting a news story?

Did you mean post 2?

No, I'm talking about the narrative that the OP attempted to paint without having all the evidence.

This is his original post:

These three kids pay the price for the crimes of ISIS and died at the hands of America's best known homegrown product: the bigoted white redneck with a gun

I know what the post is. I read it, then thought I must have missed something and read it again, then thought I still must have missed something and read it a third time. It doesn't change.

What the hell is in there to apologize for?

Now post 2, that's a no-brainer. But this one -- what in the fuck are you talking about? This event is exactly what all that bullshit about "Islam is iherently evil" that we see here posted every day leads to. There's no doubt of that; it's gone on throughout human history. And that's exactly why people like me call it out for the bullshit it is. So it's spot-on... this is exactly what bigotry run amok looks like.

Why would you come on this board (or indeed anywhere) and defend bigotry? :disbelief:

Dude, don't play dumb.
"The bigoted white redneck with a gun" is just another way of saying the bitter clingers remark, that is of course Obama's famous "they cling to guns, or religion".

We know what the OP was getting at. He was making the claim the shooter was a conservative Christian.

And as has been repeatedly pointed out that at this point the murderer appears to be an atheist who hates anyone religious.

Asshole.

Quote NTPP
I'm amused you consider that political. Is that really what you were talking about?

Asshole.

Quote NTPP

You spelled "confused" wrong.

Bigoted? Obviously. Unless you actually believe this was a parking issue.
Gun? We already know that.
White redneck? We don't really have a definition for that but here's his picture:

imrs.php

So what's your point?

Asshole.

Quote NTPP
I'm amused you consider that political. Is that really what you were talking about?

Well, I would consider the gun part political? And the white redneck part just another liberal racist spouting off. But the funny part is when it turned out that the perp is a left wing nutter.

Is the OP ready to come back now and apologize ?

What the hell for? Posting a news story?

Did you mean post 2?

No, I'm talking about the narrative that the OP attempted to paint without having all the evidence.

This is his original post:

These three kids pay the price for the crimes of ISIS and died at the hands of America's best known homegrown product: the bigoted white redneck with a gun

I know what the post is. I read it, then thought I must have missed something and read it again, then thought I still must have missed something and read it a third time. It doesn't change.

What the hell is in there to apologize for?

Now post 2, that's a no-brainer. But this one -- what in the fuck are you talking about? This event is exactly what all that bullshit about "Islam is iherently evil" that we see here posted every day leads to. There's no doubt of that; it's gone on throughout human history. And that's exactly why people like me call it out for the bullshit it is. So it's spot-on... this is exactly what bigotry run amok looks like.

Why would you come on this board (or indeed anywhere) and defend bigotry? :disbelief:

Dude, don't play dumb.
"The bigoted white redneck with a gun" is just another way of saying the bitter clingers remark, that is of course Obama's famous "they cling to guns, or religion".

We know what the OP was getting at. He was making the claim the shooter was a conservative Christian.

And as has been repeatedly pointed out that at this point the murderer appears to be an atheist who hates anyone religious.

Excellent, the old "I know what he wrote but I also know what he really meant" song and dance. Even though none of that is articulated.
Poster please. You're embarrassing yourself.

150211031042-craig-stephen-hicks-medium-169.jpg

Another sicko nutter with a gun kills three, apparently good people. Sad.

Not surprising though that some have an ignorant, knee-jerk reaction of hate. We see it here every single day.

As with everything else concerning Muslims, I'm sure there will a lot of lies from those haters about his shooting.
He was a fucking liberal progressive. Irony

Not surprising though that some have an ignorant, knee-jerk reaction of hate. We see it here every single day.

As with everything else concerning Muslims, I'm sure there will a lot of lies from those haters about his shooting.

Desperation meter pegged.
Read the description from his neighbors and ex in 310. Does any of that sound in the remotest way "liberal" to you?

And say - how come the OP uses a term "redneck" -- a term that has no definitive definition and duh Bubble machine jumps on it, yet somebody else uses the term "progressive" -- a term that has no definitive definition -- and it's Cricket City?

Having it both ways: Priceless.

Last edited:

Fact meter pegged dumbass

Asshole.

Quote NTPP

Well, I would consider the gun part political? And the white redneck part just another liberal racist spouting off. But the funny part is when it turned out that the perp is a left wing nutter.
Why would the gun be political? Its a fact he shot him with a gun. I'm sure you have seen the guy so the redneck part speaks for itself. Now I see why you thought it was political however none of that was in the OP.

Read the description from his neighbors and ex in 310. Does any of that sound in the remotest way "liberal" to you?

And say - how come the OP uses a term "redneck" -- a term that has no definitive definition and duh Bubble machine jumps on it, yet somebody else uses the term "progressive" -- a term that has no definitive definition -- and it's Cricket City?

Having it both ways: Priceless.
Did you read Guno's posts? Or sealybobo's? Didn't think so, the retard here is you.

Forum List

Back