Breaking. Prop 8.... struck down.

It will all come down to can you vote on what rights others are allowed to have

You mean privileges, not rights.

No. Rights. The right to equal treatment.

Again... for the umpteen billionth time...

Get government OUT of marriage except for dealing with governmental matters... taxation, inheritance, power of attorney for medical decisions, etc... have governmentally recognized family units whether it be male/female, male/male, or female/female

This way nobody is forced to accept a choice that they do not wish to accept... everyone is treated equally... and freedom to be with whomever you wish is upheld

Please tell us all about the day you decided not to be gay.

Please show us the gene that programed you to be gay

I'm not gay.

And I do not know if there is a "gay gene" or not. But I do know that I did not "choose" to be straight. I just am.

Just like you did not choose to be straight or gay or whatever.

You just are whatever you are.

You don't choose to like carrots or hate carrots, you just do. That does not mean there is a "carrot gene".

You are the way you are.
So if you like burritos your gay and straight if you like tacos?

For the most part it is a choice.

There are always exceptions.

I could never understand why you would be legally allowed to marry one woman and have illegitimate children with the other two but if you tried to legally acknowledge the other relationships you are breaking the law

Polygamy invariably means one man, more than one woman. It never means one woman, several men.

And so women end up subordinated to men. So that is harm #1.

Through the basics of math, available women for marriage become more and more scarce, which inevitably leads to female children being forced into marriage. It is also very common for incestous marriages to occur for the same reasons. So that is harm #2 and harm #3.

The slippery slope argument fails.

Really... polygamy invariably means one man and many women?
Yes.

I'm not gay.

And I do not know if there is a "gay gene" or not. But I do know that I did not "choose" to be straight. I just am.

You don't choose to like carrots or hate carrots, you just do. That does not mean there is a "carrot gene".

You are the way you are.

Again... because it almost always seems to be ignored

There are genetic reasons why you are a male or female.. there are genetic reasons why you have brown eyes or blue eyes.. there are genetic reasons why your skin is brown or white or yellow or whatever pigment...

There is no proof that there is a genetic cause to being gay or what you are attracted to... while it may not be ENTIRELY correct that it is conscious choice, it can also be based on exposure, experiences, conditions, etc..

just sayin'

I have no problem with gay marriage, but the people of California voted not to have it in their state. If judges are just going to overturn the will of the people then why vote at all?

which is why so many people dont vote......you vote something in or out.....and the losers go to court.......the same thing is kinda happening with the Medical Pot issue......California brought this on themselves in my opinion.....

I'm not gay.

You are the way you are.

Burritos and tacos are like preferring a redhead to a blonde.

But you don't choose to like or dislike Mexican food.

Last edited:

You choose to smoke and it becomes a habit.

Same thing with being gay.

Some, however, don't know what sex they're supposed to be.

Transgenders catch hell in the gay community. Did you know that?

What you're attracted to isn't a choice.

It'd probably be better if i weren't attracted to big knockers and a nice can until i were ready for kids and marriage that way I didn't accidentally get a girl pregnant before marriage.

But that's not how it works.

There are genetic reasons why you are a male or female.. there are genetic reasons why you have brown eyes or blue eyes.. there are genetic reasons why your skin is brown or white or yellow or whatever pigment...

There is no proof that there is a genetic cause to being gay or what you are attracted to... while it may not be ENTIRELY correct that it is conscious choice, it can also be based on exposure, experiences, conditions, etc..

just sayin'

Homosexuality is a naturally occurring abnormality that occurs fairly constantly across the entirety of humanity, Homosexuals are about 10% of the population, wherever that population is. Anthropologists theory that homosexuality remained static throughout all of human history. Only approval of homosexuality changes. Widespread acceptance and normalization of homosexuality occurs during periods of widespread generalized degeneracy of all kinds and practices among the people.

Another person who thinks the majority can vote away the rights of the minority. You are one of the reasons the Founders inserted the Bill of Rights into the Constitution in the first place. They were very, very concerned about people like you.

Actually, they were far more concerned about people like you trying to force your will on the people.
What am I forcing on the people? Am I forcing you to have a gay wedding now?

You are not forcing anything. Activist judges that you support are forcing everyone to recognize gay marriages.

Homosexuality is a naturally occurring abnormality that occurs fairly constantly across the entirety of humanity, Homosexuals are about 10% of the population, wherever that population is. Anthropologists theory that homosexuality remained static throughout all of human history. Only approval of homosexuality changes. Widespread acceptance and normalization of homosexuality occurs during periods of widespread generalized degeneracy of all kinds and practices among the people.

This is one of the more common tropes asserted by bigots.

Evidence for your cum hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy, please.

So if a gay couple goes to a photographer and a caterer for their wedding plans, you would totally respect a denial of service. If a landlord refused to rent to a same sex couple, you would feel they were completely within their rights.

We have already been through this with serving blacks and interracial weddings which were also banned at one time

You are equating a normal man and a normal woman who's skin color is different with an abnormal behavior. So it doesn't make any sense. It's like saying we now allow blacks to sit at the lunch counter so we must also allow masturbating into the punch bowl.
Back in the 70s interracial marriage produced the same response at times.

Forum List

Back