Breaking. Prop 8.... struck down.

When you get right down to it, after all the smoke and mirrors are blown away, the opposition to gay marriage is, "I don't like fags" or, "God hates fags."

That's really what is at the bottom of it.

Being tolerant of gays is no more evil than being tolerant of black people. And the bible has been used to justify persecution of both. So I would look into the minds of the interpreters of the bible if you want to find the real evil.

Last edited:
And that's why marriage licenses should be abolished.

Really?

I could care less what religion recognizes marriage. I DO care if the government does

All the government has to recognize is a contract between individuals. Why should you require permission from the government to enter into a contract? Now whether or not that contract is a marriage is a religious question, or a personal question. There's no reason why non-religious people couldn't enter into a contract and call it a marriage if they wanted to.

lets see...why would you need permission....

Marring a 5 year old?
Marring several people at one time.

Marriage is not about "just calling it a marriage" ... it is about it being recognized by the government. A civil license gives that recognition... a religious marriage does not.

So if a gay couple goes to a photographer and a caterer for their wedding plans, you would totally respect a denial of service. If a landlord refused to rent to a same sex couple, you would feel they were completely within their rights.

We have already been through this with serving blacks and interracial weddings which were also banned at one time

You are equating a normal man and a normal woman who's skin color is different with an abnormal behavior. So it doesn't make any sense. It's like saying we now allow blacks to sit at the lunch counter so we must also allow masturbating into the punch bowl.

I'm sorry. At one time I was under the impression that you wanted to be taken seriously. That apparently was not the case.

When you get right down to it, after all the smoke and mirrors are blown away, the opposition to gay marriage is, "I don't like fags" or, "God hates fags."

Yep, and you fear the most, what you understand the least.

Most people who are against gay marriage don't really know much about them. Sorry, but the reason people are gay is because of the way their brain is built. Swedish scientists did MRI brain scans of both straights AND gays and found out it's not a "choice", as sexuality is hard wired in the brain at birth.

Denying gays the ability to marry is stupid.

it's just a matter of time until same sex marriage is legal in all states. it will play out much the same way that interracial marriage (being illegal) did.

Really?

I could care less what religion recognizes marriage. I DO care if the government does

All the government has to recognize is a contract between individuals. Why should you require permission from the government to enter into a contract? Now whether or not that contract is a marriage is a religious question, or a personal question. There's no reason why non-religious people couldn't enter into a contract and call it a marriage if they wanted to.

lets see...why would you need permission....

Marring a 5 year old?
Marring several people at one time.

Marriage is not about "just calling it a marriage" ... it is about it being recognized by the government. A civil license gives that recognition... a religious marriage does not.

How many five year olds are legally recognized as consenting adults able to enter into a contract? As for polygamy, I see that as just another facet of this argument. People can enter into more than one contract with a person at a time, so what's the big deal?

How so? if I want to marry 3 women how is that any of your business>?

I could never understand why you would be legally allowed to marry one woman and have illegitimate children with the other two but if you tried to legally acknowledge the other relationships you are breaking the law

Polygamy invariably means one man, more than one woman. It never means one woman, several men.

And so women end up subordinated to men. So that is harm #1.

Through the basics of math, available women for marriage become more and more scarce, which inevitably leads to female children being forced into marriage. It is also very common for incestous marriages to occur for the same reasons. So that is harm #2 and harm #3.

The slippery slope argument fails.

Really... polygamy invariably means one man and many women?

It will all come down to can you vote on what rights others are allowed to have

It comes down to what is a Right and what is NOT...

Insisting that Society see Deviant Coupling as Equal to Nature's Design in Law and Marriage is NOT a Right...

And that's where the Debate is.

Every Consenting Adult has the RIGHT to Marry within the Restraints that Nature put on the Species...

The Coupling that allows us to even have this Conversation.

:)

peace...

First of all, there was never a "ban" on homosexual marriages in California. All prop 8 did was say the State would not recognize same sex marriages anymore, although it made exceptions for some that have already occurred. A state not recognizing a gay marriage does not constitute a "ban".

Typical that liberals ruling the courts would rule against the will of the people, claiming that it is "unconstituional" even though there is nothing in the US Constitution pertaining to marriages.

Homosexuals still have "the right" to get married to each other by any church willing to perform the marriage. This "ban" doesn't change that in the slightest.

So please, continue with your disingenuous arguements of gay people having their "rights" taken away from them.
you are wrong a church wedding does not make it LEGAL.
you can get get married in a church many times over even have the lord himself come down and bless it .but we live in a secular country and marriage is not legal unless the states says it is and all the papework is verified
marriage is a civil NOT RELIGIOUS law .

should the state have the power to define what is and what is not a legal marriage
imo NO
but neither should the church christian or otherwise

Last edited:
Skin color is NOTHING like behavior. Not close, not in the same ball park.

Exactly.

So? You have to show HARM!

Just because it is a behavior you personally don't LIKE, that does not mean it causes HARM!

I don't like liberals. They have a million annoying behaviors. Should we ban them from marrying so they can't spread their disease of liberalism?

I can prove liberals cause harm! :dev3:

Last edited:
Gay marriage should be legal and so should polygamy, if a man wants to marry 4 women or a gal wants to marry her 3 boyfriends who cares?

Gay marriage should be legal and so should polygamy, if a man wants to marry 4 women or a gal wants to marry her 3 boyfriends who cares?

^I Disagree with it, but at least HG is Consistent in the Expansion of "Rights".

The Homosexual Agenda is Exclusing some Deviations in this Quest for "Rights".

You can't Expand Rights in an Exclusionary fashion, that is Definitely Unconstitutional.

peace...

Again... for the umpteen billionth time...

Get government OUT of marriage except for dealing with governmental matters... taxation, inheritance, power of attorney for medical decisions, etc... have governmentally recognized family units whether it be male/female, male/male, or female/female

This way nobody is forced to accept a choice that they do not wish to accept... everyone is treated equally... and freedom to be with whomever you wish is upheld

Last edited:

Most people who are against gay marriage don't really know much about them. Sorry, but the reason people are gay is because of the way their brain is built. Swedish scientists did MRI brain scans of both straights AND gays and found out it's not a "choice", as sexuality is hard wired in the brain at birth.

For the most part it is a choice.

You choose to smoke and it becomes a habit.

Same thing with being gay.

Some, however, don't know what sex they're supposed to be.

Transgenders catch hell in the gay community. Did you know that?

It will all come down to can you vote on what rights others are allowed to have

It comes down to what is a Right and what is NOT...

Equal treatment is a right.

If you are given a privilege by the State, the State cannot deny that same privilege to someone else for the sole reason that you don't like them.

[Insisting that Society see Deviant Coupling as Equal to Nature's Design in Law and Marriage is NOT a Right...

See? It always boils down to "I hate fags" and "God hates fags".

This prevents you from understanding the very simple concept of equal treatment under the law.

This is a SECULAR issue, not a religious one.

Please tell us all about the day you decided not to be gay. Were you thinking about sucking some dick and decided not to? Did some guy offer to blow you and you said, "You know, I would like to, but I am going to be straight."

Exactly how did that work?

It's Defect and Choice... And a Combination in cases.

It's a Defiance of Nature's Design... The Equipment that we are Created with and the Purpose of our Existence.

This type of Defect or Choice should NOT be a Crime, but it should NOT be Validated by being called Equal to something that it so Factually is NOT Equal to.

peace...

Please tell us all about the day you decided not to be gay.

The Choice Day Tripe... Yawn.

mudwhistle needed to Choose to Reflect Nature's Design and the Equipment he was Created with that was the Cause of his "very Existence"?...

That's a Tired old Tactic.

Try again.

peace...

Forum List

Back