BREAKING NEWS: Manson family killer Leslie Van Houten, 73, is released from prison after serving 53 years of a life sentence

I agree. We should have sent them all to "heaven." Or wherever

You don't believe in redemption? As I noted above Tex Watson has said he has become a Christian. Is this not what a Christian God would have wanted?

Just kill him though and send him to Hell possibly?

You don't believe in redemption? As I noted above Tex Watson has said he has become a Christian. Is this not what a Christian God would have wanted?

They want to kill them before they can become redeemed

That's not how it works. If someone murdered your daughter I think you'd understand.
.why do leftists have so much forgiveness for violent killers? But rioters should sit in prison for the rest of their lives?

That's not how it works. If someone murdered your daughter I think you'd understand.

I might want someone like that dead. That doesn't mean that would make it OK.

I might understand someone stealing food that was really hungry. I might understand I might even do it myself.

That wouldn't make stealing OK.

.why do leftists have so much forgiveness for violent killers? But rioters should sit in prison for the rest of their lives?

I'm arguing from the Christian point of view and that makes me a leftist? OK, maybe but what does that then say about the right?

Exactly. It wasn't like the corpse was complaining about being stabbed over and over. The Labianca husband was a grocer, so he probably didn't let hungry people just take food off his shelf, so he deserved it anyway.

I can't believe that the prosecutors went for a felony in a case like that. Especially with that exemplary behavior, and all, after being caught being part of a mass murder gang.

Would you give her a job, taking care of loved ones?

53 years?

Imagine all the money saved if they just executed her immediately after she was found guilty.

That's 53 years of money, time, manpower, energy, supplies, medical treatment and so on wasted on a murderer.

If you go and knowingly, willingly, and intentionally kill someone or take part in it then once you're found guilty you should be executed within 48 hours by guillotine.

Guillotine is perfect. Once it's paid for all you have to do is clean it and maintain it and it's a one and done. Head comes off and it's over. Just put it in a stainless steel room and all you have to do is hose it out after, spray some sanitizer and call it a day.

No news briefings, no media coverage beyond "soandso has been found guilty and sentenced to death", no appeals, no nut house, no death row. Cremate the body after, flush the ashes.

Just keep one at the capital of each state. After a year or so of that murders will take a sharp decline.

53 years?

Imagine all the money saved if they just executed her immediately after she was found guilty.

That's 53 years of money, time, manpower, energy, supplies, medical treatment and so on wasted on a murderer.

If you go and knowingly, willingly, and intentionally kill someone or take part in it then once you're found guilty you should be executed within 48 hours by guillotine.

That would make you in many instances no better than those you want to kill.

Former Maryland Death Row Prisoner Exonerated After 40 Years

List of exonerated death row inmates - Wikipedia

That would make you in many instances no better than those you want to kill.

Former Maryland Death Row Prisoner Exonerated After 40 Years

List of exonerated death row inmates - Wikipedia
Conservatives don’t care if they are innocent

Conservatives don’t care if they are innocent

That's okay, neither does Kamala Harris...

...But two years after he was supposed to be released, Larsen remains behind bars while the California attorney general appeals the decision. The state’s main argument: He did not file his legal paperwork seeking release on time.

California Atty. Gen.Kamala D. Harris, whose office maintains that evidence still points to Larsen’s guilt, accuses him and his attorneys of filing a petition seeking his release more than six years after he was legally required to do so. Prosecutors question whether the judges had the authority to hear Larsen’s petition for release.

The standoff offers a window into what is often a defendant’s last chance to have a criminal conviction overturned.

Larsen turned to the federal court to file a habeas corpus claim after exhausting his appeals in California state courts. In overturning Larsen’s conviction, the federal court found he was “actually innocent” under the law because it had no confidence in the outcome of the original trial...

This guy is very forgiving:

Kamala Harris' Prosecutors Sent This Innocent Man to Prison for Murder. Now He's Talking

There are other examples, but I opted for just these two. I found one article with multiple examples, but I didn't like the source...

Personally, I've never liked the woman. I just hope Joe lives another five and a half years...

53 years?

Guillotine is perfect. Once it's paid for all you have to do is clean it and maintain it and it's a one and done. Head comes off and it's over. Just put it in a stainless steel room and all you have to do is hose it out after, spray some sanitizer and call it a day.

No news briefings, no media coverage beyond "soandso has been found guilty and sentenced to death", no appeals, no nut house, no death row. Cremate the body after, flush the ashes.

Just keep one at the capital of each state. After a year or so of that murders will take a sharp decline.
"Sharp decline."

Good one!

53 years?

Well, that's not true. A DP Prosecution is vastly more expensive than a life sentence. It has to be because you don't want to make a mistake, as we have had 165 people who've been released from Death Row after being exonerated from their convictions.

If that was the case, then why does the US have a higher murder rate than European countries that abolished it?
Why do states without the DP have lower murder rates than the ones that do?

Rioters tried to overthrow the government, and none of them are sitting in jail for the rest of their lives.

The thing about Van Houten is that she probably didn't kill anyone. Rosemary LaBianca was already dead when she stabbed her corpse. She was an accessory to murder, to be sure, and should have been punished. But she spent 53 years in Jail for being an accessory while other people who have committed outright murder are often out in a decade or less.

Have you never read the Bible?

She wasn't involved in the death of Tate.

She was involved in the murders of the LaBianca's.

and she had only stabbed the wife, and even in that case, it wasn't clear if she actually killed her or was stabbing a corpse.

53 years seems more than reasonable, given her behavior during those years was exemplary and she is unlikely to reoffend.
Agreed.

As she has said, she was insane at the time, which is highly mitigating.

"Streetwise" is a word we use in Special Education for a kid with a low-IQ, but who is able to cover for that by knowing how to act. It indicates useful knowledge that is outside of the curriculum that they struggle to access. Nothing to do with "the streets." Understandable that you misunderstood.

She did not live ENTIRE LIFE behind bars. She lived enough and learned enough before going behind bars to kill an innocent couple in their own home with knives, a rope, and a .22 revolver. I doubt she has forgotten those skills.

If you experienced redemption, I'm very happy for you. If your crime was not violent, I am happy you were released, because I don't think non-violent criminals should be incarcerated at all. If your crime was violent, I have to note that you became angry over a word on a message board.

One can live a redeemed life behind bars, and help others, as I said.
What is the recidivism rate among 72 year old women?

Forum List

Back