BREAKING NEWS: Manson family killer Leslie Van Houten, 73, is released from prison after serving 53 years of a life sentence

MAGA Macho Man

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2022
Linear Time
Now she can go live with Squeaky Fromm and start a new family, the old way 60s style. Nevertheless she'll get paid interviews and a book deal

I would just have to ask if it is common in California for someone who participated in a murder when they were 19 to be released after 53 years.

If so, was she denied parole just because of the notoriety of the Manson murders?

Sharon Tate is still dead.

She wasn't involved in the death of Tate.

She was involved in the murders of the LaBianca's.

and she had only stabbed the wife, and even in that case, it wasn't clear if she actually killed her or was stabbing a corpse.

53 years seems more than reasonable, given her behavior during those years was exemplary and she is unlikely to reoffend.

She did, however, participate in at least two other murders, less notorious than Sharon Tate, only because the victims were not so famous, but not any less horrific.

This is the sort of subhuman filth that should never have been allowed any chance to ever take a free breath of air ever again.

There's Bob and his murder boner again.

I would just have to ask if it is common in California for someone who participated in a murder when they were 19 to be released after 53 years.

If so, was she denied parole just because of the notoriety of the Manson murders?
I would think that the parole board folks would probably be thinking of the hot water they would be in, if any of these killers were to go out and kill again.

I never got the feeling like these girls (only teenager at the time) were the same as mature killers who fully understand what they do - they might have been influenced by drugs too, in addition to Manson's control over them

And what about the 3rd one? What's the difference between her and Van Houten ?

She did, however, participate in at least two other murders, less notorious than Sharon Tate, only because the victims were not so famous, but not any less horrific.

This is the sort of subhuman filth that should never have been allowed any chance to ever take a free breath of air ever again.
She does have that matronly grandmother look though. She's having the family over for the holidays.

I would think that the parole board folks would probably be thinking of the hot water they would be in, if any of these killers were to go out and kill again.

I never got the feeling like these girls (only teenager at the time) were the same as mature killers who fully understand what they do - they might have been influenced by drugs too, in addition to Manson's control over them

And what about the 3rd one? What's the difference between her and Van Houten ?

The parole board needs to treat each case on its own merit and consider how the prisoner has behaved while in custody.

Was Van Houten treated differently than some 19 year old gang banger who had killed someone and had served 53 years?

Forum List

Back