BREAKING NEWS: Manson family killer Leslie Van Houten, 73, is released from prison after serving 53 years of a life sentence

I would have supported the death penalty for Manson with LWOP for his followers.

Actually, we shouldn't have the DP for anyone. The government you don't trust to teach kids about gay people certainly shouldn't decide who gets to live or die.

My idea would be what I call the ten, twenty, forty approach to violent criminals short of murderers. Ten years for first violent offense, twenty for the second, and forty for the third. That is pretty generous, given that we dont' look them up for effective life until the THIRD TIME they severly hurt someone.
Okay, by your standard, Van Houten should have been released 40 years ago, then. Since desecrating a corpse was her only violent offence.

Oh wow.

Is the first time that a Trump deranged individual has bleated "Orange Man BAAAAD" on this thread? If so that's 55 TDS free posts. Not bad.

You are the one that brought up the Race War in 2020.
You know, the one that happened because you had a president who endorsed police brutality.

Actually, we shouldn't have the DP for anyone. The government you don't trust to teach kids about gay people certainly shouldn't decide who gets to live or die.
Yes, I do not support the DP due to my lack of trust in government. When I did support the death penalty, I should have said.
Okay, by your standard, Van Houten should have been released 40 years ago, then. Since desecrating a corpse was her only violent offence.
That Ms. LaBianca was already dead when Van Houton stabbed her is pure speculation.
You are the one that brought up the Race War in 2020.
You know, the one that happened because you had a president who endorsed police brutality.
"BAAAAAA-AAAAD"

Those who are over her release have said they have seen the evidence of her changed life.

I don't really expect you to have seen much. Nor I nor anyone else here.
To answer the Gator's question the way you wish, I would need to see the evidence for myself, not take the word of a California parole board.

I agree, as I'm saying for the third time now.

But a claim of redemption is not enough to endanger society by releasing a murderer. If you were a youth pastor, would you want Van Houton to go to Church Camp for a week with you and several of your young charges?

Do you think she bears watching at all, or will her redemption not only redeem her, but also cast protection over all she comes in contact with?

Has she even claimed redemption, or are they letting her go because she is old now?
What makes her dangerous now?

Found my conviction records. This was at 15.

Use it as you will. I can tell you to fuck off just like the telemarketers. Point is people change.

Granted I wasn't in for murder but I guarantee you I was just as bad. I just never got caught.

I hope she never offends again and finds redemption. If she's truly remorseful then she has more Demons than you could ever wish on her.

The parole board needs to treat each case on its own merit and consider how the prisoner has behaved while in custody.
I disagree with parole boards considering how someone "behaved while in custody".
Was Van Houten treated differently than some 19 year old gang banger who had killed someone and had served 53 years?
As for her crime and the sentence...carry it out until it's over as far as I'm concerned. But the person who was convicted of murder on the day before she was and on the day after she was should get the same sentence in my view. How someone can get 25 years for murder and someone else get life is just ridiculous to me.

I have no idea what that phrase means to you, so I cannot answer. She is a threat to the people who will unknowingly interact with and live near her. Yes, because she committed a horrific murder and I have seen no evidence that she has changed other than the passage of time and her growing old during that time.

The parole board has seen evidence that she has changed, plus she is 73 years old.

I personally would not think twice if she lived near me

I guess we all knew that we could count on you to show up to take the side of a horrendous violent murderer.

Hardly taking her side.
I just think 53 years is more than sufficient for stabbing someone who was already dead.
Compared to a cops who shoot unarmed black people and are out in a couple of years.

Eventually, she'll be in Hell.

I just hope she doesn't harm anyone else before she goes there.

Wait, no, according to most Christian faiths, if you get forgiveness for your sins and embrace Jay-a-zus like she did, you get into heaven.
I don't worry that this elderly woman who made a dumb mistake when she was a teen is going to hurt anyone.

"Only"

Was "the wife" 3/5 human?

No, she only killed one person. Maybe. The forensic evidence is that the fatal wounds were inflicted by Tex Watson. The average sentence served for a homicide is 13 years.

53 years for desecrating a corpse is more than sufficient.

Hardly taking her side.
I just think 53 years is more than sufficient for stabbing someone who was already dead.
Compared to a cops who shoot unarmed black people and are out in a couple of years.

Wait, no, according to most Christian faiths, if you get forgiveness for your sins and embrace Jay-a-zus like she did, you get into heaven.
I don't worry that this elderly woman who made a dumb mistake when she was a teen is going to hurt anyone.

No, she only killed one person. Maybe. The forensic evidence is that the fatal wounds were inflicted by Tex Watson. The average sentence served for a homicide is 13 years.

53 years for desecrating a corpse is more than sufficient.

Like I said, we can always count on you to take the side of the very lowest of subhuman criminal shit, against that of human beings.

Forum List

Back