BREAKING NEWS: Arlen Specter switching parties to give Democrats 60 votes in Senate

Maybe, just maybe, this will inspire the Republicans to find some non right-wing-bible-thumping-torturers to represent their party.

We can always dream.

Why bother? There's no significant differences between the two parties.

Kevin, I like Ron Paul, but there IS a difference between the two parties today. The GOP has become a small regional party of right wing extremists... moderate Republicans, libertarians like Paul and paleoconservatives like Buchanan are not welcome...

When your perspective of things is that most problems on earth devolve from the evil Fed Reserve Bank system; Kevin's right, there isn't a whole lot of difference between the parties.

Kevin and I agree that the Federal Reserve is the problem, but I don't agree that there isn't a huge difference between the parties.

Ok fine, obama hasn't done anything to bring jobs back, but he's closing loopholes, cutting wasteful spending, spending on social programs that benefit 90% of us, not 10% like the GOP would.

You may not like Dems any better than you like the GOP, but that doesn't mean they are the same beast.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I want you guys to consider that each Senator is the face of their constituents. If some Democrat in Kentucky can get away with fucking the citizens of Kentucky and favoring Big Business, then of course he/she is going to do it. If the citizens are stupid enough to keep voting that person into office, what can we do?

So the citizens across the country were dumb enough to replace Clinton/Gore's government with Bush/Cheney's government.

And then they were scared into voting GOP in 2004.

Actually the GOP stole 2000 and 2004, but the fact that it was even close enough to steal means the voters are dumb.

So don't say they are the same. Yes, Democrats take money from corporations too. Yes they spend on pork. Yes some are corrupt. But the Dem agenda is pro labor and the GOP agenda fucks labor.

So now Dems haven't undone everything the GOP did in the past 8 years in 100 days. So that makes them all the same?

And sorry some Dems voted for the Iraq war. That was a reflection of their dumb ass constituents. They didn't want to be seen as "unpatriotic or weak on terror".

So forgive Democrats for having to deal with stupid ass voters.

Even Republicans. Here's where they are all the same. Red neck Republicans in Kentucky get to fuck over unions up north because they benefit from Toyota and Kentucky. Simple divide and concur. They're jobs will be next. But because those Senators are safe, they can fuck over labor all the want. Their constituents don't mind.

So every Senator is a reflection of his/her state.

To say the Dem party is no different is to say that WE are no different. Sometimes that is true and sometimes it is not.

I want illegals to go home too. I want to win the wars too. I want us to be safe from terrorism too. I want the economy to get better too. I want the government to stop spending so much too. I want gun rights too. I want gays to be able to get married too. LOL.

Maybe, just maybe, this will inspire the Republicans to find some non right-wing-bible-thumping-torturers to represent their party.

We can always dream.

I hope so. It's getting tiring listening to their antiquated nonsense.

"Whatever my party affiliation, I will continue to be guided by President Kennedy's statement that sometimes Party asks too much. When it does, I will continue my independent voting and follow my conscience on what I think is best for Pennsylvania and America."

I only wish you had REALLY honored Jack Kennedy by not being a pawn for J Edgar Hoover and LBJ, Arlen...your Single Bullet Theory is the Emperor's New Clothes...

Well, this is what the Small Tent Republicans wanted.

Let's see how relevant they can be in a filibuster-proof Senate.

The bigger concern is how long will we continue to have a Republic with one party in control and no one to stop them.

Them? Hey there sport don't be so sad. THEM is the majority of americans. We voted for a change and Spector just wants to be on the right side of history.

I know it's just probably a coincydink but maybe the the huge pile of dog shit bush left to clean up is catching up with you ignorant filthy christian fascist traitors.

We are still kickin your dumb asses and there won't be an election for two years.

Call it momentum.

i like how everyone assumes that all the dems will vote in lockstep and that will all win re-election in 10.....

hasn't specter been voting with them anyway....

The bigger concern is how long will we continue to have a Republic with one party in control and no one to stop them.

The Republican Party is dying, thankfully, so until the conservatives get a 3rd party for themselves and/or until the Democratic Party becomes too centrist and the Liberals create a 3rd party for themselves.

The war is over. Coke won. Ford won. And now the Democrats have won.

We can always dream.

Hmmm... many Republicans have been calling for a long time to not have RW extremists OR wishy-washy moderates/centrists.... and have called to a return to conservatism... hopefully that is where it goes, with honorable candidates in line with that

The Fix - Specter To Switch Parties

Specter To Switch Parties

Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter will switch his party affiliation from Republican to Democrat and announced today that he will run in 2010 as a Democrat, according to a statement he released this morning.

Specter's decision would give Democrats a 60 seat filibuster proof majority in the Senate assuming Democrat Al Franken is eventually sworn in as the next Senator from Minnesota. (Former Sen. Norm Coleman is appealing Franken's victory in the state Supreme Court.)

"I have decided to run for re-election in 2010 in the Democratic primary," said Specter in a statement. "I am ready, willing and anxious to take on all comers and have my candidacy for re-election determined in a general election."

He added: "Since my election in 1980, as part of the Reagan Big Tent, the Republican Party has moved far to the right. Last year, more than 200,000 Republicans in Pennsylvania changed their registration to become Democrats. I now find my political philosophy more in line with Democrats than Republicans."

what a pussy.

He just changed, because he knew he was going to get crushed by a far rightwing nutjob in the GOP primary in 2010.

A rightwing nut job who would then be crushed by a more populist democrat in the general election.

I'd rather Specter stay in the fucking GOP, lose to a wingnut, and have a real populist democrat win the state in 2010.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Them? Hey there sport don't be so sad. THEM is the majority of americans. We voted for a change and Spector just wants to be on the right side of history.

I know it's just probably a coincydink but maybe the the huge pile of dog shit bush left to clean up is catching up with you ignorant filthy christian fascist traitors.

We are still kickin your dumb asses and there won't be an election for two years.

Call it momentum.

I have to let these words stand on their own.

"On this state of the record, I am unwilling to have my twenty-nine year Senate record judged by the Pennsylvania Republican primary electorate."

LOLOL What a freakin' coward. He didn't seem to mind when the Pennsylvania Republican primary elctorate gave him his seat in the first place. The man has no real convictions as he said just a few weeks ago that he wouldn't switch parties. This man's only concern is for his personal career. LOLOL Dems are welcome to him.

The Republican Party is dying, thankfully, so until the conservatives get a 3rd party for themselves and/or until the Democratic Party becomes too centrist and the Liberals create a 3rd party for themselves.

congratulations to the American hating party.. you won you indeed have won.. and America died. obamal lied America died.

congratulations to the American hating party.. you won you indeed have won.. and America died. obamal lied America died.

What a joke! The saying is, "No one died when Clinton Lied".

Get it straight.

PS. They are referring to the thousands of soldiers who died for Bush's lie.

And for your information, Bush made us less safe, not Obama. You are so brainwashed/stubborn/stupid/wrong it is sickening. You are like Alliebaba. You have seemed to become more of a bitch over time. More of a man hater. Why? Racist?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back