Here it comes... "Fairness Doctrine" for the Internet...

Tell me what part of the fairness doctrine do you not like?

Government regulation of speech based on political content ought not to be allowed (and in fact I'd argue it is unconstitutional in the U.S. in most instances; a prior restraint on speech). Someone liberal ought, in a sensible world, to be even more against this type of regulation than a conservative. Someone for whom truth matters ought to be doubly against it.

In your own words tell us what the fairness doctrine says?

It says that for every opinion, there has to be an opposing opinion.

Like Gunny said, this could backfire bad in the liberals face. In their blind rage to silence EVERYTHING conservative, they may just wind up silencing the VAST MAJORITY of their OWN voice, since 90% of everything on TV and in print is liberal.

Will never happen. Totalitarian countries like China and Iran have been trying to censor the internet for years with no success!

Note not one could tell us in their own words what the fairness doctrine really dies.

Only people that need the "fairness Doctrine" are morons and idiots. I guess whomever is pushing this think America is full off morons and idiots!!

Well.. you DO have the freedom to use your little keyboard, mouse and google to look up an opposing viewpoint yourself... just as you DO have the freedom to find another radio show with a differing viewpoint

But there is no need to have it spoonfed to you... on the net, on the radio waves, in bar conversation, or wherever else

Forum List

Back