Review of Obama's 100 Days in Office

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
As we consider “The First Hundred Days” of our Transformational President, the most outstanding feature of the period is how little change he has brought., and how much of the policies of the former administration he has continued.

1. Robert Gates kept on as defense secretary

2. Policy for dealing with the financial crisis similar to Bush policy: infusing money into failing institutions.

3. The Bush position, that we are free to maintain bilateral relations with any country, including the ability to extend NATO membership, has been reaffirmed by Obama.

4. Ballistic Missile Defense in Poland is still a policy of Washington.

5. US-Russian relations are about were they were under Bush

6. In Iraq, Obama has maintained the Petraeus strategy. And he plans to extend it to Afghanistan.

But there are differences, and here we can make our judgments.

1. Hillary Clinton, Richard Holbrooke, and George Mitchell in key positions. All are insiders.

2. In addition to the Bush plan for the financial crisis, Obama has added a stimulus.
“Anna Schwartz …at the National Bureau of Economic Research…with Milton Friedman, she wrote A Monetary History of the United States, a book that forever changed our knowledge of economics and the way that governments operate. ‘Bernanke is right about the past’, Schwartz says, “but he is fighting the wrong war today; the present crisis has nothing to do with a lack of liquidity.” President Obama’s stimulus is similarly irrelevant, she believes, since the crisis also has nothing to do with a lack of demand or investment. The credit crunch, which is the recession’s actual cause, comes only from a lack of trust, argues Schwartz. Lenders aren’t lending because they don’t know who is solvent, and they can’t know who is solvent because portfolios remain full of mortgage-backed securities and other toxic assets.”

Monetarism Defiant by Guy Sorman, City Journal Spring 2009

3. Obama campaign argued that the Bush Administration alienated our European allies, and his approach would yield a more forthcoming response. The result of his G20 trip was zero. The French and Germans were as they were with Bush.

4. Obama tried to open the door with Iran by indicating that he would talk without demanding a stop in their nuclear program. The Iranians rejected the opening.

5. Turkey is the biggest difference, in that he made several overtures including a presidential visit, as well as putting US anti-piracy vessels under Turkish command. If the strategy bears fruit, it will be a major foreign policy coup.

As far as perception, if not change or even success, Obama is still strong, with a 69% approval, average for Presidents at this point (Washington Post).

“This is not a trivial achievement. There are campaign promises, there is reality and there is public perception. All presidents must move from campaigning to governing; extremely skilled presidents manage the shift without appearing duplicitous. At least in the European case, Obama has managed the shift without suffering political damage. His core supporters appear prepared to support him independent of results. And that is an important foundation for effective governance.” (Stratfor.com)

As we consider “The First Hundred Days” of our Transformational President, the most outstanding feature of the period is how little change he has brought., and how much of the policies of the former administration he has continued.

1. Robert Gates kept on as defense secretary

2. Policy for dealing with the financial crisis similar to Bush policy: infusing money into failing institutions.

3. The Bush position, that we are free to maintain bilateral relations with any country, including the ability to extend NATO membership, has been reaffirmed by Obama.

4. Ballistic Missile Defense in Poland is still a policy of Washington.

5. US-Russian relations are about were they were under Bush

6. In Iraq, Obama has maintained the Petraeus strategy. And he plans to extend it to Afghanistan.

But there are differences, and here we can make our judgments.

1. Hillary Clinton, Richard Holbrooke, and George Mitchell in key positions. All are insiders.

2. In addition to the Bush plan for the financial crisis, Obama has added a stimulus.
“Anna Schwartz …at the National Bureau of Economic Research…with Milton Friedman, she wrote A Monetary History of the United States, a book that forever changed our knowledge of economics and the way that governments operate. ‘Bernanke is right about the past’, Schwartz says, “but he is fighting the wrong war today; the present crisis has nothing to do with a lack of liquidity.” President Obama’s stimulus is similarly irrelevant, she believes, since the crisis also has nothing to do with a lack of demand or investment. The credit crunch, which is the recession’s actual cause, comes only from a lack of trust, argues Schwartz. Lenders aren’t lending because they don’t know who is solvent, and they can’t know who is solvent because portfolios remain full of mortgage-backed securities and other toxic assets.”

Monetarism Defiant by Guy Sorman, City Journal Spring 2009

3. Obama campaign argued that the Bush Administration alienated our European allies, and his approach would yield a more forthcoming response. The result of his G20 trip was zero. The French and Germans were as they were with Bush.

4. Obama tried to open the door with Iran by indicating that he would talk without demanding a stop in their nuclear program. The Iranians rejected the opening.

5. Turkey is the biggest difference, in that he made several overtures including a presidential visit, as well as putting US anti-piracy vessels under Turkish command. If the strategy bears fruit, it will be a major foreign policy coup.

As far as perception, if not change or even success, Obama is still strong, with a 69% approval, average for Presidents at this point (Washington Post).

“This is not a trivial achievement. There are campaign promises, there is reality and there is public perception. All presidents must move from campaigning to governing; extremely skilled presidents manage the shift without appearing duplicitous. At least in the European case, Obama has managed the shift without suffering political damage. His core supporters appear prepared to support him independent of results. And that is an important foundation for effective governance.” (Stratfor.com)

Good one. Get ready.

So you are saying that you actually support Obama because he really is the same as Bush?

So you are saying that you actually support Obama because he really is the same as Bush?

I'm giving you a truthful summary up to this point. Now, go read the second half where you will see the differences between him and Bush. If you will start a thread about any of the pro or con, I would be happy to respond to it.

He's the worst ever and he is destroying America but actually he is the same as Bush but, and, er, well...

The radical right is sounding a little confused these days.

He's the worst ever and he is destroying America but actually he is the same as Bush but, and, er, well...

What are you babbling about? Are you claiming that I claimed that President Obama is "the worst ever and he is destroying America"? Is this the product of a vertiginous construction?

On what kindergarten debating scrub-squad did you learn that technique? Wise up.

Now, I guess that you are indicting me as "radical right." OK, you opinion- and we've seen what your opinion is worth. But confused? Clearly you have no grasp of the words you use, as the post is succinct, correct, well written.

Yet you find it "confused"? Says much about your ability to process language.

I think it is the truth that is confusing you.

Can you find anything, anything in the post which is not true? No, I thought not.

The problem for you is that your side has lost the ability to be objective, in fact you line up like iron filings in a magnetic field.

You are confused because you cannot imagine your left-wing coterie giving an even handed appraisal of a Republican President.

Now, if you are waiting for a list of President Obama's missteps, poor choices, failures, you can watch this space for further developments.

most point out he is the same as bush to show what partisan hacks most libs are...that the same stuff you whined about bush for, now that obama is doing it, great, wonderful, our country is better off....

in fact, most of you libs always fall back on....well, bush did it too, so really, it is YOU guys saying it more :lol:

Over 66 percent of Americans say he's doing great.

Best ratings since a real Republican was president: Ike.

I love it when the minority party's minority is always right.:eusa_whistle:

Go Obama and America. No prophet, no god, just a damn good speaker and person who has motivated most of America after Bush lost US.

Arlen Specter = Single Payer Healthcare.:clap2::clap2:

It is impossible to agree or disagree with everything a president does. I support Obama keeping Gitmo open, a real slap in the face of the liberals. I do not support his explosive growth in government nor his war on the American people who disagree with him. Stating he will stop working on an anti missile system to protect the US from nuclear missiles while North Korea is close to developing an ICBM should be criminal.

Overall his job performance is pathetic at best. For the most part you can even say his administration is literally criminal, look at the tax cheats and the people involved in pay to play.

Over 66 percent of Americans say he's doing great.

Best ratings since a real Republican was president: Ike.

I love it when the minority party's minority is always right.:eusa_whistle:

Go Obama and America. No prophet, no god, just a damn good speaker and person who has motivated most of America after Bush lost US.

Arlen Specter = Single Payer Healthcare.:clap2::clap2:

Good point. The way our conservative friends talk about Bush these days, you'd think they'd be thrilled he's no longer in the WH.

And 158 lies.

Obama WTF: Obama's Documented Lies: 158 and remarkably still growing

I'm thinking we won't see too many pro-Obama posts in this thread. They just can't handle it.

images

Conservatives who spread the Obama attack of the day catalougue the results from their first 100 attack of the days' work.

And 158 lies.

Obama WTF: Obama's Documented Lies: 158 and remarkably still growing

I'm thinking we won't see too many pro-Obama posts in this thread. They just can't handle it.

images

Ya sure, you silly little ass. President Barak Hussein Obama now has a 60 Dem Senate. And he has some very good ideas concerning Universal Health Care, and other matters that citizens of this nation care about.

You poor babies just cannot get over the fact that the man is competant, unlike Bush. And all you poor wimps can do is whine and cry, no, no.

is more reminiscent of that bull charging through the grocery store to me. I wish I could bring up that video.

Forum List

Back