BREAKING NEWS: Arlen Specter switching parties to give Democrats 60 votes in Senate

Why bother? There's no significant differences between the two parties.

Kevin, I like Ron Paul, but there IS a difference between the two parties today. The GOP has become a small regional party of right wing extremists... moderate Republicans, libertarians like Paul and paleoconservatives like Buchanan are not welcome...

Kevin, I like Ron Paul, but there IS a difference between the two parties today. The GOP has become a small regional party of right wing extremists... moderate Republicans, libertarians like Paul and paleoconservatives like Buchanan are not welcome...

and the left Democwats have become far left American hating apologizts for middle eastern terrorism..suck ups

Two big government parties does not equal a big difference in my opinion.

there is a very big significant difference and it's getting bigger every single passing day..
Exactly. Big differnce.
The Dems have a large majority in Congress that is growing in the middle of the term,
and will increase again in 2010 and 2012,
The Dems have the WH and will hold it at least until 2017, likely longer (seeing as how the Dems have little organized opposition).

Whilst the GOP is a shrinking, contracting pack of hard right wing folks in Congress who have chased away all the moderates,
are attractive to only a small percentage of the voting population,
and has members of Congress who's sole contribution to governing the nation while we are in a multi layered crisis has been to say "no !"

Big difference.

How many Dems want to switch over to being GOP, I wonder ?

With this big a majority, there is a huge difference between the parties.

You would think Rs would realize this by now. America wants change and all they get from today's Republican party is the same ole...

Interesting news. I guess he is making official what he has been doing for years. Voting for the wrong team.

He is running scared. He doesnt think he can win.
Polling data is strongly suggesting that Specter would lose a primary against Toomey, but would trounce Toomey in the statewide general election for Senate.
I think Arlen struck a deal with the DNC.
The DNC can now focus less on this race in PA, can go after other races more heavily, now.
That is bad for the other GOP candidates.

Willow's not half as bad as some of the other people. She's just kind of.... adjitating.

She/he seems more like a classic troll to me, seldom offering little more than one liners, insults, flames, off topic comments, and baiting.

I've told him/her the same as anyone else, I'm happy to discuss things if done without childish taunts and infantile name calling. Grade school name calling gets pretty old with me, that's not why I come here.

Well, this is what the Small Tent Republicans wanted.

Let's see how relevant they can be in a filibuster-proof Senate.

The bigger concern is how long will we continue to have a Republic with one party in control and no one to stop them.

When your perspective of things is that most problems on earth devolve from the evil Fed Reserve Bank system; Kevin's right, there isn't a whole lot of difference between the parties.

and the left Democwats have become far left American hating apologizts for middle eastern terrorism..suck ups

Of course that's how a braindead, redneck, right wing nut job would see it.

Could it be the guy didn't like the message of the GOP?

Willow, I love it!!!!! :lol: This must be killing you??:eusa_angel: I hope not. :eusa_liar: I really hope you are taking this well. :eusa_liar: I'm positive repping you for this news.

Well, this is what the Small Tent Republicans wanted.

Let's see how relevant they can be in a filibuster-proof Senate.

The bigger concern is how long will we continue to have a Republic with one party in control and no one to stop them.

Its not a good thing, IMO.

However, as long as the hardcore conservatives want to boot everybody out who doesn't swallow the Kool-Aid, it becomes more probable.

Willow, I love it!!!!! :lol: This must be killing you??:eusa_angel: I hope not. :eusa_liar: I really hope you are taking this well. :eusa_liar: I'm positive repping you for this news.

truth hurts dosen't it?

put you a pig and a pig is all you will ever bee.. pig

Forum List

Back