Breaking" High School shooting at Wash State High School

To me, the bottom line is that if we look at other countries with strict gun laws, they have a great deal less gun violence, and they do not have, as a regular event, these school, mall, cinema, etc., shootings. The US must impose much stricter gun laws if we are ever to have a reality that does not include our children being shot down at school.
So, do you want to take guns away from just the criminals or EVERYBODY?
I would use the guns laws of a country that has them strict enough to prevent the type of gun violence we have in the US. Use their laws as a model and impose them on America. It makes sense: if something works, it's a good model. Obviously, the gun laws we have in the US are not working.
So, you're gonna start with a country that has over 300,000,000 firearms in the possession of a population that has a constitutional protection to have those arms and you're gonna pass a law similar to one in a country that restricts gun ownership?

To me, the bottom line is that if we look at other countries with strict gun laws, they have a great deal less gun violence, and they do not have, as a regular event, these school, mall, cinema, etc., shootings. The US must impose much stricter gun laws if we are ever to have a reality that does not include our children being shot down at school.
I would use the guns laws of a country that has them strict enough to prevent the type of gun violence we have in the US. Use their laws as a model and impose them on America. It makes sense: if something works, it's a good model. Obviously, the gun laws we have in the US are not working.
So, you're gonna start with a country that has over 300,000,000 firearms in the possession of a population that has a constitutional protection to have those arms and you're gonna pass a law similar to one in a country that restricts gun ownership?
Only 39% of American households own all those guns. You are in a relatively small minority. If guns laws are voted into being by the majority of the American public, you will need to adhere to those laws. End of.

Last edited:
So does anyone have any actual information about the Seattle shooter why he did what he did where and how he got the gun he used or is everyone just going straight to their usual right and left talking points?
Marysville is not Seattle. Marysville is 35 miles from Seattle. I lived in Seattle for 13 years and never went there. It's a small town 35 miles from Seattle.
Thanks for the info but it doesn't answer my question.

The kid owned several guns. His parents just gave him a hunting rifle. Nobody knows if he owned the one he used at the school. He was depressed because his girl friend broke up with him.
I wonder did the kid actually own several guns or did the parents? It seems a bit odd a high school kid owning several guns.
Most likely it is his parents' gun. A gun they did not keep locked up and out of the hands of their 14 year old son.
Wild supposition on your part.

Marysville is not Seattle. Marysville is 35 miles from Seattle. I lived in Seattle for 13 years and never went there. It's a small town 35 miles from Seattle.

The kid owned several guns. His parents just gave him a hunting rifle. Nobody knows if he owned the one he used at the school. He was depressed because his girl friend broke up with him.
I wonder did the kid actually own several guns or did the parents? It seems a bit odd a high school kid owning several guns.
Apparently, the whole family was heavily into hunting, which would be no surprise, being native Americans.
Likely. But having a hand gun is another story. People don't use hand guns for hunting.
Oh look.... ignorance.
What a surprise.

To me, the bottom line is that if we look at other countries with strict gun laws, they have a great deal less gun violence....
8855 gun related murder is the US. 300,000,000 guns.
For every gun used in a murder, almost 34,000 are not.
Your argument fails.
Then you are reading some other argument, because that is not my argument. My argument is that those countries who have strict gun laws have by far less gun violence--among law abiding people and criminals. Less guns floating around means less gun violence. The model is there and we should copy it.

Last edited:

Apparently, the whole family was heavily into hunting, which would be no surprise, being native Americans.
Likely. But having a hand gun is another story. People don't use hand guns for hunting.
Oh look.... ignorance.
What a surprise.
You use a hand gun for hunting, seriously? How pathetic. My father, brothers, uncles and cousins were all hunters. They used bows and arrows and hunting rifles. But, they were real hunters.

I would use the guns laws of a country that has them strict enough to prevent the type of gun violence we have in the US.
Gun control laws cannot prevent gun-related violence, if for no other reason that it is impossible to enact a law that will prevent people from breaking the law.

For example lets look at CA, with the strictest gun laws of any state:

CA gun laws require that:
-All transfers must be through a dealer, thus...
-All transfers undergo a background check
-All transfers undergo a 10-day waiting period (ruled unconstitutional 8/2014)
-All firearms must be registered
-Handgun purchases require a handgun safety certificate-– a permit.that requires training and a test
-Ban on ‘assault weapons’, effective 1 JUN 1989
-Ban on magazines that hold more than 10 rounds
-Ban on NFA machineguns
Gun laws in California - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

% of murders in US committed with a firearm: 69.36 (8855/12765)
% of murders in CA committed with a firearm: 69.39 (1304/1879)
FBI mdash Expanded Offense

% US population in CA: 12.12% California QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
% US murders in CA: 14.71
% US murders with a gun in CA 14.72

Oh look.... ignorance.
What a surprise.
You use a hand gun for hunting, seriously? How pathetic.
It's a lot more difficult to take a deer with a .44 magnum revolver than a .30-06 rifle; this is wh about 5% of the deer taken in OH are taken w/ a handgun.
If you knew anything about anything, that would not be a surprise to you.

I don't think that this kid was an outright psycho. He just seemed to have gone over the edge because of hormonal changes that happen to 14 year old boys, so background checks would not have helped in this instance.

However, I can't for the life of me see what the hell the Right has against background checks.
Background checks are a form of prior restraint, where the state denies you the exercise of your right until such a time that the state determines that your desired exercise doe not violate any of the restrictions the state placed on said exercise. Prior restraint is always an infringement on the exercise of a right, and except under very specific circumstances, always violates the constitution.,

:trolls:
Oh look.... ignorance.
What a surprise.
You use a hand gun for hunting, seriously? How pathetic.
It's a lot more difficult to take a deer with a .44 magnum revolver than a .30-06 rifle; this is wh about 5% of the deer taken in OH are taken w/ a handgun.
If you knew anything about anything, that would not be a surprise to you.
Time to shut you off. You're nothing more than an aggravating, idiotic TROLL. LOL You think shooting a gun is more difficult than using a bow and arrow. Yea, right.:trolls:

Only 39% of American households own all those guns. You are in a relatively small minority
Owning and using a gun is a right specifically protected by the US constitution.
And so, it is protected from the tyrany of the majority, as intended.

To me, the bottom line is that if we look at other countries with strict gun laws, they have a great deal less gun violence....
8855 gun related murder is the US. 300,000,000 guns.
For every gun used in a murder, almost 34,000 are not.
Your argument fails.
Then you are reading some other argument, because that is not my argument. My argument is that those countries who have strict gun laws have by far less gun violence--among law abiding people and criminals.
Ah. You fail to understad that the % of guns in those countries used to commit murder is virtually indistinguishable from the % of guns so used here.

Time to shut you off. You're nothing more than an aggravating, idiotic
Translation:
You know you have no effective response to my posts.
Run away! Run away!
No, translation is you are a totally, fucking, idiotic pest. Sad you don't even realize it. I expect in real life it is the same for you: everyone considers you a pest and runs fast in the other direction.

This lack of parents being very careful about gun ownership is a reason for stricter gun laws.

And which law would correct the problem of a 14 year old stealing a gun from his parents...? Perhaps a law that said....we really, really mean it when we say 14 year olds can't use a gun to murder innocent people?
Here a fucking idea for you billoc, you crazy gun nutter you.
How about the parents putting their guns in a fucking gun safe that the kid can't get into.
The kids was 14. There's no standard home-use gun safe he cannot get into.

Last edited:
Time to shut you off. You're nothing more than an aggravating, idiotic
Translation:
You know you have no effective response to my posts.
Run away! Run away!
No, translation is you are totally, fucking, idiotic pest.
We both know you cannot effectively respond to what I said.
Difference is I will admit it
Disagree? Rather than whine and cry, why not try to effectively respond..

It's a lot more difficult to take a deer with a .44 magnum revolver than a .30-06 rifle;
True or false?

Time to shut you off. You're nothing more than an aggravating, idiotic TROLL. LOL You think shooting a gun is more difficult than using a bow and arrow. Yea, right.:trolls:

Ah....the sign you are winning a discussion against a lefty...they call you a troll...congratulations M14 Shooter...another lefty defeated in a contest of fact over emotion...

With gun control a hot topic in the upcoming local election, more kids are gun down at school.

142521_MarysvilleShooting_1246_mh-620x467.jpg
Why are blue state kids so murderous?

Going to bust you right there.

Right Wing states have more violence due to lack of education due to voting for less education. Read more, type less.

oh for crying out loud.

For example...Tennessee...

Amid a Red Sea of Republicans Democrats run Tennessee s largest cities Times Free Press

dittos for the rest of those states...except maybe Texas...they have violence because of the mexican drug cartels...

As Tennessee Democrats’ electoral fortunes continue crumbling at the state and federal level, some of the party’s bright lights are alive, well and leading the state’s six largest cities as mayors elected in nonpartisan races.

Former state Sen. Andy Berke, D-Chattanooga, joined the select group when he was elected Chattanooga mayor in March.

Now there’s intense speculation the state Senate’s No. 2 Democrat, Caucus Chairman Lowe Finney, is eyeing a bid for mayor of Jackson after announcing last week he would not seek re-election next year to the Legislature.

Democrats also serve as mayors in Memphis (A C Wharton), Nashville (Karl Dean), Knoxville (Madeline Rogero), Clarksville (Kim McMillan) and Murfreesboro (Tommy Bragg). All six were elected in nonpartisan contests.

Also...look up the 25 most dangerous cities...24 of them...again...run by democrats...the one in Ohio goes back and forth...

So, stop electing democrats and the crime rate will drop...
stop electing democrats and America will return to greatness once again

^ The other parties say the same thing. The root cause of these issues is much more complex. But that would make you take time out of your day to research. Hard stuff.
since the modern day liberal arrived on the scene in the 60's the country has taken a turn for the worse

Forum List

Back