BREAKING: Active shooter in Midland/Odessa TX

5 dead, 20+ injured. Drive-by type shooter.
Trauma cannot handle that many victims adequately. Very small towns in a very isolated area.

...can't be --Texas is a gun free state = lot's of gun owners = they would've stopped ANY and all shootings

Well, about a half hour ago, a Home Depot was shot up in Odessa. And, apparently there are 2 of them. One is in a gold and white truck, one is in a postal van.

Details are still coming in. So far, 1 is dead, and 10 or more are injured.

Authorities responding to reports of shootings in West Texas

Authorities responding to reports of shootings in West Texas
By Caroline Linton

Updated on: August 31, 2019 / 6:09 PM / CBS News

The Odessa Police Department posted on Facebook that there are "multiple people shot" and at least one suspect driving around in a hijacked mail truck "shooting at random people."

"The suspect just hijacked a U.S. mail carrier truck and was last seen in the area of 38th and Walnut," the Facebook post read. "Everyone is encouraged to get off the road and use extreme caution! All law enforcement is currently searching for the suspect and more information will be released as soon as it becomes available."

The Midland Police Department posted on Facebook they believe two shooters were involved and using two separate vehicles. One suspect is believed to be at the Cinergy movie theater in Midland and the other is believed to be driving on Loop 250 in Midland, the police said.
T's & P's
------------------------------------------ don't know if that's needed yet . There are no CONFIRMATIONS of DEATH yet . Course , keep yer 't+p' on a hair trigger so that you are prepared Bode .

Perfect! Just in time to go with Beto's threat to take guns. I hope it was an AR15 they used. Let's get this war on!

...can't be --Texas is a gun free state = lot's of gun owners = they would've stopped ANY and all shootings
Harmonica, most Texans are civil people. The video I posted above shows the white truck in Odessa having a shootout with the police. I'm not sure what the outcome was for one police who was hit, but there is one shooter in custody in Odessa.

All of us in Texas can hardly believe our eyes, because all we know is all they want us to know. Police have their ways, and right now, one of them may be down. The two in Midland are being followed, so it is known where they are, the information takes an hour to get out to the public, they may have them. Who knows? :dunno:

I'm beginning to think these latest shootings RED FLAGS

I agree. ^^^

Wakey wakey everybody.

"Congress went on recess, talk of gun control tamped down, but now they are coming back into session.
No coincidences in politics."

You get an erection when you hear these things.
nothing wrong with that--is there?
and your point?
His point could be that "Trump made them do it." :rolleyes:
I don't see how Trump has time for all this when he's clearly busy moving the hurricane toward Florida.

5 dead, 20+ injured. Drive-by type shooter.
Trauma cannot handle that many victims adequately. Very small towns in a very isolated area.
Five are dead? :cry: Prayers up for their loved ones :hands:

I expect more deceased. There's not even a medium sized trauma unit available there.
Will have to helicopter out the seriously injured.

Forum List

Back