BREAKING !: Active shooter in Chicago multiple casualties

Armed officer killed by crazed mass shooter, yet NRA Trumptards claim Guns Keep You Safe. LOL!!!

He wasn't a mass shooter, this was a domestic attack, he killed his ex fiance... a mass shooter, by definition from the FBI, has no other underlying crime involved in the shooting.
He was a concealed carry owner. You armed him. Bravo:
Lopez, who sources say had a concealed carry license, exchanged gunfire with Jimenez and other officers as he ran into the hospital. Jimenez was shot in the lobby as Lopez continued firing. A squad car was hit, and a bullet hit the holster and lodged in the gun barrel of another officer, according to Johnson.
Chicago hospital shooting: Young cop, doctor, pharmacy resident and gunman die in Mercy Hospital attack

No... I didn't arm him. and it was a domestic dispute, he could have murdered her with a knife you dumb ass...or a 9 dollar Wal Mart camping hatchet.
And could your concealed carry hero have killed the cop too? You keep arming killers and good people are dying.

Yes armed guards for schools. The right is doing a great job turning us into a 3rd world country. We could have strong gun control and these things would be rare....

British criminals have more guns after they banned and confiscated them.....what keeps them from walking into schools, malls, churches with their increasing gun numbers?
This was a domestic violence incident to start with. When are you going to start encouraging men to teach their sons some respect for women? Instead of just preaching that girls need to stop being single moms?
Sadly women are shot a lot in domestic violence.

Washington, DC — More than 1,800 women were murdered by men in 2016 and the most common weapon used was a gun, according to the new Violence Policy Center (VPC) study When Men Murder Women: An Analysis of 2016 Homicide Data.
More Than 1,800 Women Murdered by Men in One Year, New Study Finds

The gun isn't the issue.....living with violent criminals is the issue.....the men they live with who murder them are drug adicts, violent, or alcoholics..... the gun doesn't do anything, their bad choice in men gets them killed.
Well it seems lots of bad men are also gun owners.

Yes armed guards for schools. The right is doing a great job turning us into a 3rd world country. We could have strong gun control and these things would be rare....

British criminals have more guns after they banned and confiscated them.....what keeps them from walking into schools, malls, churches with their increasing gun numbers?
This was a domestic violence incident to start with. When are you going to start encouraging men to teach their sons some respect for women? Instead of just preaching that girls need to stop being single moms?

I am the one who points out that single teenage mothers raising young males without fathers in the home drives the crime and violence rate....and it is the left wing democrats who push women to have children without fathers, not me. When women have babies without husbands, they are the ones in the drivers seat, not the men...if they don't have sex with the men, they don't have young males without fathers.
The right are the ones who are making abortions more difficult to get. Seems rather counter to your claims.

The fact that their gun numbers are tiny compared to ours.

So is their population.
That's why we look at rates.

I am the one who points out that single teenage mothers raising young males without fathers in the home drives the crime and violence rate....and it is the left wing democrats who push women to have children without fathers, not me. When women have babies without husbands, they are the ones in the drivers seat, not the men...if they don't have sex with the men, they don't have young males without fathers.
LOL
Let's have a talk with those men, as well, about having sex with women to whom they are not committed. Or at least using birth control.

Sadly women are shot a lot in domestic violence.

Washington, DC — More than 1,800 women were murdered by men in 2016 and the most common weapon used was a gun, according to the new Violence Policy Center (VPC) study When Men Murder Women: An Analysis of 2016 Homicide Data.
More Than 1,800 Women Murdered by Men in One Year, New Study Finds
Men are murdered at 10X the rate as women. Why is your concern always about the few rather than the many?
Men are also in jail many more times than that. Most of the women are innocent victims.
Again, the ultra vast minority. I care about a much larger segment of people than you do, which wins the virtue game again.

You are the one flooding the country with guns, empowering all manner of killers.

LOL
Let's have a talk with those men, as well, about having sex with women to whom they are not committed. Or at least using birth control.
He doesn't believe in personal responsibility for males.

We also have a right to life. Clearly our weak gun laws are killing the right to life.

We do have a right to life. But we cannot force someone else to sacrifice their individual liberties just to placate other people's fears. We lack the right to do that.

We also have a right to life. Clearly our weak gun laws are killing the right to life.

We do have a right to life. But we cannot force someone else to sacrifice their individual liberties just to placate other people's fears.
Yes we can. Even Scalia recognized the 2nd has limitations. We can't let people die so that someone else can own an object. We need much stronger gun laws or else the much more important right to life will continue to be trampled.

Yes we can. Even Scalia recognized the 2nd has limitations. We can't let people die so that someone else can own an object. We need much stronger gun laws or else the much more important right to life will continue to be trampled.

What Scalia said is far deeper than any lefty I've ever met was able to grasp. Well, maybe that's little strong, perhaps more likely I've yet to meet one who was willing to look beyond their partisan blinders. Mainly just repeating what they hear on the cable news entertainment programming platforms. Respectfully speaking. Scalia was correctly placing responsibility beside liberty the way it's supposed to be. That's a pretty deep discussion, Brain.

What Scalia said is far deeper than any lefty I've ever met was able to grasp. Well, maybe that's little strong, perhaps more likely I've yet to meet one who was willing to look beyond their partisan blinders. Mainly just repeating what they hear on the cable news entertainment programming platforms. Respectfully speaking. Scalia was correctly placing responsibility beside liberty the way it's supposed to be. That's a pretty deep discussion, Brain.
Scalia agreed the 2nd can be limited.

I put the right to life of the victim way above the right to a weapon for the killer.

Ron Paul has no answer to all he death.

We do have a right to life. But we cannot force someone else to sacrifice their individual liberties just to placate other people's fears. We lack the right to do that.
Individuals' liberties can go too far. We are social animals living in a social world and some of that individual stuff has to be sacrificed in order to have a livable society. Our country is not doing so hot, when it comes to the death toll guns cause.

I put the right to life of the victim way above the right to a weapon for the killer.

Nope. He was correctly placing responsibility into context with individual liberty.

Here the concept of Liberty-Responsibility is briefly explained in a good book on the topic...

''For every such right there is a correlative, inseparable duty--for every aspect of freedom there is a corresponding responsibility; so that it is always Right-Duty and Freedom-Responsibility, or Liberty-Responsibility. There is a duty, or responsibility, to God as the giver of these unalienable rights: a moral duty--to keep secure and use soundly these gifts, with due respect for the equal rights of others and for the right of Posterity to their just heritage of liberty. Since this moral duty cannot be surrendered, bartered, given away, abandoned, delegated or otherwise alienated, so is the inseparable right likewise unalienable. This concept of rights being unalienable is thus dependent upon belief in God as the giver.

This indicates the basis and the soundness of Jefferson's statement (1796 letter to John Adams): "If ever the morals of a people could be made the basis of their own government it is our case . . ."

Nope. He was correctly placing responsibility into context with individual liberty.

Here the concept of Liberty-Responsibility is briefly explained in a good book on the topic...

''For every such right there is a correlative, inseparable duty--for every aspect of freedom there is a corresponding responsibility; so that it is always Right-Duty and Freedom-Responsibility, or Liberty-Responsibility. There is a duty, or responsibility, to God as the giver of these unalienable rights: a moral duty--to keep secure and use soundly these gifts, with due respect for the equal rights of others and for the right of Posterity to their just heritage of liberty. Since this moral duty cannot be surrendered, bartered, given away, abandoned, delegated or otherwise alienated, so is the inseparable right likewise unalienable. This concept of rights being unalienable is thus dependent upon belief in God as the giver.

This indicates the basis and the soundness of Jefferson's statement (1796 letter to John Adams): "If ever the morals of a people could be made the basis of their own government it is our case . . ."
lotta good any of that does all the innocent victims.

Individuals' liberties can go too far. We are social animals living in a social world and some of that individual stuff has to be sacrificed in order to have a livable society. Our country is not doing so hot, when it comes to the death toll guns cause.

More people get killed in car wrecks than guns.

Give us your keys.

If you don't we're gonna send men with guns from the government to come take them.

More people get killed in car wrecks than guns.

Give us your keys.

If you don't we're gonna send men with guns from the government to come take them.
And people die in car wrecks in other countries. But few people die with guns in countries with strong gun control. We can fix that problem.

And people die in car wrecks in other countries. But few people die with guns in countries with strong gun control. We can fix that problem.

I don't really care about what other countries do and don't do.It's none of my business.

Come on, Brain, give us your keys, man. We're ascared for the chidrens on muh roads.

Forum List

Back