Trump Doesn't Visit Troops In War Zones Because He Is Against Those Wars

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
Two Years In, Trump Struggles to Master Role of Military Commander

As Trump famously said -- he is the most militaristic president in the history of the US; so all of this flack over him not visiting troops in war zones doesn't really make sense to him. Perhaps the best explanation for him not visiting troops came from his top aides; The New York Timesreport went on to note, “One reason he has not visited troops in war zones, according to his aides, is that he does not really want American troops there in the first place. To visit, they said, would validate missions he does not truly believe in.”

So in that regard, I can understand trump not wanting to go to a war zone that he doesn't even think we should have troops in -- I mean, why go to Iraq if you have always been against the war in Iraq -- why go to Afghanistan if you have often said that the war there is a waste of money with nothing to show -- so if he goes to these places he is basically validating these failed missions.

Bush obviously went to these places because they were his wars, so of course he was going to be there -- Obama went even though he was against going into Iraq -- but Obama only went to secretly coordinate terrorist attacks against our soldiers in Iraq -- so I don't blame Trump for sticking to his principles and not going to these war zones.

He may be the most militaristic president in history, but he does have principles..

As Trump famously said -- he is the most militaristic president in the history of the US; so all of this flack over him not visiting troops in war zones doesn't really make sense to him. Perhaps the best explanation for him not visiting troops came from his top aides; The New York Timesreport went on to note, “One reason he has not visited troops in war zones, according to his aides, is that he does not really want American troops there in the first place. To visit, they said, would validate missions he does not truly believe in.”

So in that regard, I can understand trump not wanting to go to a war zone that he doesn't even think we should have troops in -- I mean, why go to Iraq if you have always been against the war in Iraq -- why go to Afghanistan if you have often said that the war there is a waste of money with nothing to show -- so if he goes to these places he is basically validating these failed missions.

Bush obviously went to these places because they were his wars, so of course he was going to be there -- Obama went even though he was against going into Iraq -- but Obama only went to secretly coordinate terrorist attacks against our soldiers in Iraq -- so I don't blame Trump for sticking to his principles and not going to these war zones.

He may be the most militaristic president in history, but he does have principles..

The blob has no principles; personally or professionally. He is an empty vessel. If he had principles, the troops would not be there.

He doesn’t visit them because unlike him, they are self made women and men and he’s intimidated; as he should be since he is a small fraction of a man.

The blob has no principles; personally or professionally. He is an empty vessel. If he had principles, the troops would not be there.

He doesn’t visit them because unlike him, they are self made women and men and he’s intimidated; as he should be since he is a small fraction of a man.
I believe he will visit them -- and when he does, all will be forgiven.

It is automatic that all republican presidents support the military

and all democrat presidents support the terrrosists

Can you give me a over/under of how many threads you're going to start on this topic?

Kinda nice having a president who threatens military force more than all of the previous presidents combined, but he's less likely than any of them to actually deploy troops.

If he ever does you can bet that whomever faces the attack will be utterly destroyed and we won't be spending years and billions rebuilding them.

I believe he will visit them -- and when he does, all will be forgiven.

It is automatic that all republican presidents support the military

and all democrat presidents support the terrrosists

Boy, you’re stupid.

New Topics

Forum List

Back