Breaking: 27 Story London Tower Apartment Complex Ablaze As People Dangle On Sheets Outside Windows

This is good news:

Survivors of the Grenfell Tower fire are to be permanently rehoused in a £2bn luxury apartment block in Kensington, the Government has announced.

Some 68 one, two and three-bedroom flats have been bought by the Government at the Kensington Row development in upmarket High Street Kensington, Sajid Javid, the Communities Secretary, said.

The announcement comes a week on from the disaster, which left at least 79 dead.

Grenfell Tower survivors to be housed in 375 Kensington High Street

The properties are “newly built social housing” at a site where private homes are on offer from £1,575,000 to £8.5m and boast a 24-hour concierge and a private cinema, according to the website of developer St Edward.

The Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) said the “expectation is that these new properties will be offered as one of the options to permanently rehouse residents from Grenfell Tower”.

As some of us speculated (when did we also start using 'undocumented' for illegal? :

Grenfell Tower fire: Undocumented migrants could still be missing

Campaigners call for immigration status amnesty amid concern victims are not seeking support over fears they could be referred to police or Home Office

kensington-protest.jpg

Demonstrators outside Kensington Town Hall during a protest following the fire that destroyed the Grenfell Tower block Reuters

Undocumented migrants and illegal subtenants who survived theGrenfell Tower blaze may be unaccounted for and are not seeking state support due to fears over their immigration and housing status, charities and legal experts have warned. Underreporting of illegal subtenants could also mean the death toll is higher than currently assumed, it is feared.

Volunteers and charities working for the support effort in the local community have come across a number of undocumented migrants or asylum seekers who have lost everything following the blaze, but are afraid to seek help from authorities for fears that they could be referred onto police or the Home Office.

...Members of the community have also raised concerns that large “swathes” of foreign nationals who lived in the block and may have been undocumented have simply “disappeared” and are not on any missing lists, raising concerns that they have either fled the site or are among the dead but unaccounted for.

....“People may think I’m not going to get any compensation I’m just going to get deported. Public authorities must commit to rehousing all residents to ensure their future safety and security."

Fears more Grenfell Tower victims unaccounted for because they 'officially didn't exist'

Mayor Khan and Comrade Bin Corbyn are demanding these illegals be granted amnesty and be given free homes. Is there any point in us having laws at all? Seems as though we are simply providing perverse incentives for more 'exploding' fridges.

Cladding removed instantly from tower after Theresa May says Grenfell panels 'combustible'
CLADDING is being urgently removed from UK tower blocks in the wake of the Grenfell Tower disaster in which 79 people died.
By ZOIE O'BRIEN
PUBLISHED: 15:12, Thu, Jun 22, 2017 | UPDATED: 22:22, Thu, Jun 22, 2017

Tower-820159.jpg
Evening Standard

Works start to remove the cladding from Burnham house on the Chalcot Estate after Grenfell disaster
Theresa May announced the cladding used in the tower was "combustible" and ordered an urgent review of materials used in other UK tower blocks.

As many as 600 tower blocks in Britain may have cladding similar to Grenfell Tower, it has emerged...

Cladding removed instantly from tower after Theresa May says Grenfell panels 'combustible'

Hello, people have lost everything in the fire worse those who died burned alive and still do not know the cause of the fire? No information rather not followed.
All his people will become forgotten as the victims

I saw this: Grenfell Tower firefighters put out fridge blaze 'and were just leaving when flats erupted in flames'

Firefighters had put out the initial fridge fire at Grenfell Tower and were leaving the building when the blaze suddenly flared up, it has emerged.

Crews believed they had put out the fire at the London high-rise and were astonished to see flames rising up the side of the building, new reports have claimed.

Shortly after dealing with the fridge fire early last Wednesday, firefighters were telling residents that it was out, BBC Panorama reported.

But, soon after, the 24-storey building was consumed by flames in one of Britain's biggest ever tower block fires that left at least 79 people dead.

Panorama on Monday night reported that firefighters had seen flames "shooting up" the side of the building. Those reports will add weight to claims that it was the cladding on the exterior of Grenfell Tower that caused the fire to spread so rapidly.

The more that comes out though about the fire, the inspections, residents who complained about hazards were threatened - it's damning :(
Hello, Between a defective refrigerator and an inflammable cladding the poor people were condemned to die in horrible suffering.
I add an image where was located the victims confirmed in the building
4178E46C00000578-4611268-image-a-42_1497627787752.jpg

Hello, people have lost everything in the fire worse those who died burned alive and still do not know the cause of the fire? No information rather not followed.
All his people will become forgotten as the victims

I saw this: Grenfell Tower firefighters put out fridge blaze 'and were just leaving when flats erupted in flames'

Firefighters had put out the initial fridge fire at Grenfell Tower and were leaving the building when the blaze suddenly flared up, it has emerged.

Crews believed they had put out the fire at the London high-rise and were astonished to see flames rising up the side of the building, new reports have claimed.

Shortly after dealing with the fridge fire early last Wednesday, firefighters were telling residents that it was out, BBC Panorama reported.

But, soon after, the 24-storey building was consumed by flames in one of Britain's biggest ever tower block fires that left at least 79 people dead.

Panorama on Monday night reported that firefighters had seen flames "shooting up" the side of the building. Those reports will add weight to claims that it was the cladding on the exterior of Grenfell Tower that caused the fire to spread so rapidly.

The more that comes out though about the fire, the inspections, residents who complained about hazards were threatened - it's damning :(
Hello, Between a defective refrigerator and an inflammable cladding the poor people were condemned to die in horrible suffering.
I add an image where was located the victims confirmed in the building
View attachment 134989
Thank you, Dalia. They are starting to mention manslaughter charges today. Heads are going to roll.

They are now looking at NHS buildings. I can think of several which look as though they have cladding.

What about school buildings? This is going to be huge operation for them, who knows how many buildings have that type of cladding. Apartment towers, hospitals, schools. Then they'll have to remove all the cladding from who knows how many buildings and replace it with materials that are safe etc.

CLADDING is being urgently removed from UK tower blocks in the wake of the Grenfell Tower disaster in which 79 people died.
By ZOIE O'BRIEN
PUBLISHED: 15:12, Thu, Jun 22, 2017 | UPDATED: 22:22, Thu, Jun 22, 2017

Tower-820159.jpg
Evening Standard

Works start to remove the cladding from Burnham house on the Chalcot Estate after Grenfell disaster
Theresa May announced the cladding used in the tower was "combustible" and ordered an urgent review of materials used in other UK tower blocks.

As many as 600 tower blocks in Britain may have cladding similar to Grenfell Tower, it has emerged...

"As many as 600 tower blocks in Britain may have cladding similar to Grenfell Tower, it has emerged..."

Completely insane, 600 of them.

They are now looking at NHS buildings. I can think of several which look as though they have cladding.

What about school buildings? This is going to be huge operation for them, who knows how many buildings have that type of cladding. Apartment towers, hospitals, schools. Then they'll have to remove all the cladding from who knows how many buildings and replace it with materials that are safe etc.
Yes, I'm pretty sure schools have them too. It is obviously absolutely necessary to remove them, but there are parts of the UK that are going to look like downtown Beirut once they've been removed.

IMG_2254.JPG

There are many newish builds of 'smallish' towers that seem to have it too along the Thames in various places, for example.

Last edited:

Yes, I'm pretty sure schools have them too. It is obviously absolutely necessary to remove them, but there are parts of the UK that are going to look like downtown Beirut once they've been removed.

View attachment 135041

There are many newish build of 'smallish' towers that seem to have it too along the Thames in various places, for example.

"It is obviously absolutely necessary to remove them, but there are parts of the UK that are going to look like downtown Beirut once they've been removed."

They will have to release funds, the Councils, all of this cladding will have to be replaced with safe materials. It's shocking that so many buildings in Britain have this dangerous cladding, I was thinking that some would, just not as many as they are saying.

You could have several thousand buildings with it, any one of them could become Grenfell Tower God Forbid, I'm sure that the British Government have special teams though working around the clock to identify every single building with the same cladding. The immediate emergency is to remove all the cladding as fast as possible, it's less of an urgency to then replace the cladding with safer material, although that will have to be achieved within probably a few months.

Hello Lucy, Tilly, Coyote and everyone.
One wonders how all this has not been analyzed more deeply? It is the safety of people who are at stake, it reminds me of the history of asbestos that was dangerous more buildings were manufactured with this product in the 1960s or 70s people died of cancer because of it. Now it's forbidden

One wonders how all this has not been analyzed more deeply? It is the safety of people who are at stake, it reminds me of the history of asbestos that was dangerous more buildings were manufactured with this product in the 1960s or 70s people died of cancer because of it. Now it's forbidden

I'm wondering that too...was all the cladding put up before it was recognized as dangerous? Asbestos wasn't recognized for the danger it is until pretty late in the game.

I'm wondering that too...was all the cladding put up before it was recognized as dangerous? Asbestos wasn't recognized for the danger it is until pretty late in the game.

Yes it sounds like the Asbestos situation. I'm sure that those building companies didn't deliberately install that cladding knowing how dangerous it was, at least I hope they didn't.

My father was the boss of construction in the Years of Asbestos in the city where I lived before he dealt with the plumbing of federal buildings. It was after it was discovered that it was very dangerous Coyote and my father died of a long rare lung disease do not know if it was related or not?
He was dealing directly with the wall and it was within the walls that this product was.

Forum List

Back