Bradley Manning's Typical Day

The closest thing to a smoking gun that I'm aware of that Manning's revealed was published last July in Antiwar.com:

"The Guardian provides a helpful interactive map, in which you click on a location and read the 'incident report.'

'Of course, you’re reading a selection of what the Guardian editors consider important, but it looks to me like their news judgment isn’t bad at all, because the first one I clicked on was an intelligence report detailing meetings of the Taliban with Osama bin Laden in Quetta, Pakistan, and in villages on the border with Afghanistan.

"So, bin Laden is not only alive, but they know where he is.

"I guess when Hillary was hectoring the Pakistanis about the whereabouts of bin Laden, the subtext was: 'If we know, then you must know, too!'”

Bradley Manning's Gift

Hardly enough to justify leaking ALL those cables for just that one point in my opinion. Also, knowing where Bin Laden is in this context doesn't really mean anything. Heck, Eric Rudolph's location was known to a few dozen square mile range and it took the feds years to find him.

Given the proper motivation, enough local support, and plenty of money *anyone* could hide.
How many Fed were looking for Eric?

Any Feds from the CIA? NSA? Pentagon?

Those who get rich from war can't afford to run out of credible enemies, and it's hard to think of anyone more credible than bin Laden.

Depends on your definition of "is", you know.

At some point(s) in time elements of the US National Security State knew the precise location of bin Laden.

Wiki has some thoughts about "possibly" that don't seem "meaningless outside of conspiracy theories":

"Indicates that the proposition may be true (is not certainly false) regardless of any facts or circumstances known to, stated by or implied by the speaker."

LOL, okay Mr. Clinton.

Regardless, knowing where he was last week or last month doesn't mean you know where he is now. It's a pretty simple concept, but if you need more help in grasping it, let me know.

It's possible that bin Laden is being protected by space aliens. My statement is just as valid as yours, since we both have the same amount of factual data to support it.
Do your flying lizards have a web site?

Possibly they work at the CIA

Please link to the page that supports your conspiracy theory.
georgephillip said:
Possibly at multiple times since 911 the US National Security State has known where to find bin Laden and chosen not to

Would your opinion of the US invasion of Iraq be any different if you had been born in that country?

You point out how civilians have always been killed in wars.

Can you explain why any investor class should profit from "sophisticated forms of industrial killing" that harvest civilian lives at a 10:1 ratio to actual combatants?

"War, once it begins, fuels new and bizarre perversities, innovative forms of death to ward off the boredom of routine death.

"This is why we would drive into towns in Bosnia and find bodies crucified on the sides of barns or decapitated, burned and mutilated.

"That is why those slain in combat are treated as trophies by their killers, turned into grotesque pieces of performance art.

"I met soldiers who carried in their wallets the identity cards of men they killed.

"They showed them to me with the imploring look of a lost child."

Bradley Manning for whatever reasons has chosen to reveal war to those who fund and support it.

For that reason alone, he's a hero.

Bitter Memories

If I were born in Iraq I would have been more worried about Saddam Hussein.

He killed hundreds of thousands of his own people and that was in peacetime.

Don't think I would have been to worried about the Americans at all.

I would be willing to bet that the Iraqi insurgents killed more civilians than the American army did.

Manning isn't a hero. He's a little dirtbag and I hope he rots in Leavenworth.

It's what an Iraqi village leader told me:

"Save as many as you can God willing you will succeed. Please remember that the ones you accidentally kill were already doomed. Praise God, help us."

Very despondent and chilling words.
Chilling is also knowing the level of support US administrations provided Saddam prior to his going off the reservation in Kuwait.

"Washington, D.C., 25 February 2003 - The National Security Archive at George Washington University today published on the Web a series of declassified U.S. documents detailing the U.S. embrace of Saddam Hussein in the early 1980's, including the renewal of diplomatic relations that had been suspended since 1967.

"The documents show that during this period of renewed U.S. support for Saddam, he had invaded his neighbor (Iran), had long-range nuclear aspirations that would 'probably' include 'an eventual nuclear weapon capability,' harbored known terrorists in Baghdad, abused the human rights of his citizens, and possessed and used chemical weapons on Iranians and his own people.

"The U.S. response was to renew ties, to provide intelligence and aid to ensure Iraq would not be defeated by Iran, and to send a high-level presidential envoy named Donald Rumsfeld to shake hands with Saddam (20 December 1983)."

Not sure I understand some of these rules. No excercising in the cell? Really? Why not? I get the 'no sleeping' rule...that's ok...well, maybe not the 5 AM part, but I get the deprivation of sleep deal.

I guess when you fuck up like he did, you REALLY have something to think about...and plenty of time to do it.
No exercise in his cell and limiting Manning to walking only during his one hour a day of "exercise" sounds more like punishment than prevention of injury, to me.

Possibly, it is being done to break him down physically and force his cooperation with the government's case against Assange.

Possibly you could do some research and find out that if that's what they wanted to do they wouldn't use these methods.
Save me some time:

What methods would you recommend?

Have you had any personal experience with enhanced interrogation methods?

What would explain the prohibition against exercise in Manning's cell and limiting his exercise to walking only during the one hour a day he's outside his cell?

That's a nice set up.

His own private room and security checking on him so often there's almost no chance he can kill himself or get killed by others

That's great. I want him alive to be convicted, and once he is convicted I want to hear 40 years to life of Hard Labor. That's a sutiuation where death is a sweet sweet mercy.
Security checks on him every five minutes which seems a little more like petty harassment to me.

Since he doesn't come in contact with any humans he hasn't approved of except his guards, it doesn't seem too likely others represent a threat to his life.

So far, only a fraction of the information he may have released has been made available to the public.

Is there any possible revelation of US political duplicity that would make you reconsider your opinion of Bradley Manning?

For example: If memos establish elements of your government knew in advance the hijackings of 9/11/2001 were planned AND allowed those planes to fly into both towers, would you regard whoever leaked those memos a traitor or hero?

You seem to be presuming that there is something there. Why is that? If there was anything significant wouldn't an interested party reveal it early? Why obfuscate it?
That's a good question I don't have any answer to.

It would seem that WikiLeaks, Assange and Bradley Manning could deflect a lot of the heat coming at them right now by revealing who really killed JFK.

I'm still withholding my judgment until all the evidence is known.

The closest thing to a smoking gun that I'm aware of that Manning's revealed was published last July in Antiwar.com:

"The Guardian provides a helpful interactive map, in which you click on a location and read the 'incident report.'

'Of course, you’re reading a selection of what the Guardian editors consider important, but it looks to me like their news judgment isn’t bad at all, because the first one I clicked on was an intelligence report detailing meetings of the Taliban with Osama bin Laden in Quetta, Pakistan, and in villages on the border with Afghanistan.

"So, bin Laden is not only alive, but they know where he is.

"I guess when Hillary was hectoring the Pakistanis about the whereabouts of bin Laden, the subtext was: 'If we know, then you must know, too!'”

Bradley Manning's Gift

Hardly enough to justify leaking ALL those cables for just that one point in my opinion. Also, knowing where Bin Laden is in this context doesn't really mean anything. Heck, Eric Rudolph's location was known to a few dozen square mile range and it took the feds years to find him.

Given the proper motivation, enough local support, and plenty of money *anyone* could hide.
How many Fed were looking for Eric?

Any Feds from the CIA? NSA? Pentagon?

Those who get rich from war can't afford to run out of credible enemies, and it's hard to think of anyone more credible than bin Laden.

FBI Most Wanted List.

"Reviewing the still-unverified chat logs between Manning and unscrupulous journalist Adrian Lamo prior to Manning’s arrest sheds light on the motivation and goals of the alleged whistle-blower.

"Manning stated that he hoped the publication of the diplomatic cables would spur 'worldwide discussion, debates, and reform.'

Manning stated: 'I want people to see the truth… regardless of who they are… because without information, you cannot make informed decisions as a public.'

"This speaks to the real purpose of the leaks and the reason every citizen in America should care deeply about the fate of Bradley Manning.

"America is a democracy.

"We take pride in the fact that all citizens have the right to participate in our government.

"Based on the promises, history, and positions of our politicians, we citizens make decisions about who we will elect to represent us.

"But democracy is destined to fail if voters don’t know the truth about their government."

Does anyone know enough truth about the US government?

Bradley Manning Support

Forum List

Back