Bradley Manning's Typical Day

At "some point in time" it "was known" where bin Laden "is."

Possibly at multiple times since 911 the US National Security State has known where to find bin Laden and chosen not to.

Maybe he's worth more alive than dead to those who profit from the War on Terror?

Was, not is.

"Possibly" is a very broad and loaded word, and utterly meaningless outside of conspiracy theories. When you get some, you know, facts, let us know.
Depends on your definition of "is", you know.

At some point(s) in time elements of the US National Security State knew the precise location of bin Laden.

Wiki has some thoughts about "possibly" that don't seem "meaningless outside of conspiracy theories":

"Indicates that the proposition may be true (is not certainly false) regardless of any facts or circumstances known to, stated by or implied by the speaker."

LOL, okay Mr. Clinton.

Regardless, knowing where he was last week or last month doesn't mean you know where he is now. It's a pretty simple concept, but if you need more help in grasping it, let me know.

It's possible that bin Laden is being protected by space aliens. My statement is just as valid as yours, since we both have the same amount of factual data to support it.

Nope.

Sorry. Ain't buying your investor class bs either.

Congress approved both wars. Don't think there are any war crime charges there at all.

Civilians have been killed in war since time immemorial and will continue to be killed in every war that comes down the pike.

Its a fact. No one likes it. But. It. Is. A. Fact.
Would your opinion of the US invasion of Iraq be any different if you had been born in that country?

You point out how civilians have always been killed in wars.

Can you explain why any investor class should profit from "sophisticated forms of industrial killing" that harvest civilian lives at a 10:1 ratio to actual combatants?

"War, once it begins, fuels new and bizarre perversities, innovative forms of death to ward off the boredom of routine death.

"This is why we would drive into towns in Bosnia and find bodies crucified on the sides of barns or decapitated, burned and mutilated.

"That is why those slain in combat are treated as trophies by their killers, turned into grotesque pieces of performance art.

"I met soldiers who carried in their wallets the identity cards of men they killed.

"They showed them to me with the imploring look of a lost child."

Bradley Manning for whatever reasons has chosen to reveal war to those who fund and support it.

For that reason alone, he's a hero.

Bitter Memories

If I were born in Iraq I would have been more worried about Saddam Hussein.

He killed hundreds of thousands of his own people and that was in peacetime.

Don't think I would have been to worried about the Americans at all.

I would be willing to bet that the Iraqi insurgents killed more civilians than the American army did.

Manning isn't a hero. He's a little dirtbag and I hope he rots in Leavenworth.
What threat did Saddam Hussein's Iraq pose to you or your family in March of 2003? If your answer is zero, then our invasion of Iraq isn't legal, and every killing in Iraq by US Armed Forces qualifies as a war crime.

If Bradley Manning helps Americans who are less blinded by their country's propaganda than you are see who profits from war crimes, he's a hero and Cheney and Bush are the dirtbags.

I think there are others that assisted the little "fairy", and they should be in there with him.

I hope he rots there.

I also think this will play into the whole DADT thing, b/c he is gay, and was "harrassed" by other recruits according some news report I had seen a week or so ago. (cant remember who it was, but she was saying he had been picked on b/c he was gay) So therefore he was just "acting out".

:cuckoo:

Another reason why practicing homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to serve in our military.

Homosexuality is a choice, use the equipment you're born with and you won't have a problem.

That's rich, coming from someone with a programmed reflex of instantly criticizing America.

My solution? Easy: "Learn the difference between killing and murder, you moron."

No charge.
When is killing unarmed civilians BY THE THOUSANDS something other than murder?
Funny how you don't apply that same standard to 9/11, huh?

Moron.
I've never doubted nearly 3000 Americans were murdered on 9/11.

I still believe it's reasonable to assume that crime would not have happened if the US military hadn't murdered thousands of Iraqis in '90-'91, OR if we hadn't stationed thousands of our troops in Saudi Arabia.

Manning's lawyer David E. Coombs provides the following account of his client's daily routine:

"PFC Manning is currently being held in maximum custody.

"Since arriving at the Quantico Confinement Facility in July of 2010, he has been held under Prevention of Injury (POI) watch.

"His cell is approximately six feet wide and twelve feet in length.

"The cell has a bed, a drinking fountain, and a toilet.

"The guards at the confinement facility are professional. At no time have they tried to bully, harass, or embarrass PFC Manning.

"Given the nature of their job, however, they do not engage in conversation with PFC Manning.

"At 5:00 a.m. he is woken up (on weekends, he is allowed to sleep until 7:00 a.m.).

"Under the rules for the confinement facility, he is not allowed to sleep at anytime between 5:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.

"If he attempts to sleep during those hours, he will be made to sit up or stand by the guards.

"He is allowed to watch television during the day.

"The television stations are limited to the basic local stations. His access to the television ranges from 1 to 3 hours on weekdays to 3 to 6 hours on weekends...

"He is allowed to have any combination of up to 15 books and magazines..."

A Typical Day

That's a nice set up.

His own private room and security checking on him so often there's almost no chance he can kill himself or get killed by others

That's great. I want him alive to be convicted, and once he is convicted I want to hear 40 years to life of Hard Labor. That's a sutiuation where death is a sweet sweet mercy.

Was, not is.

"Possibly" is a very broad and loaded word, and utterly meaningless outside of conspiracy theories. When you get some, you know, facts, let us know.
Depends on your definition of "is", you know.

At some point(s) in time elements of the US National Security State knew the precise location of bin Laden.

Wiki has some thoughts about "possibly" that don't seem "meaningless outside of conspiracy theories":

"Indicates that the proposition may be true (is not certainly false) regardless of any facts or circumstances known to, stated by or implied by the speaker."

LOL, okay Mr. Clinton.

Regardless, knowing where he was last week or last month doesn't mean you know where he is now. It's a pretty simple concept, but if you need more help in grasping it, let me know.

It's possible that bin Laden is being protected by space aliens. My statement is just as valid as yours, since we both have the same amount of factual data to support it.
Do your flying lizards have a web site?

Possibly they work at the CIA

I think there are others that assisted the little "fairy", and they should be in there with him.

I hope he rots there.

I also think this will play into the whole DADT thing, b/c he is gay, and was "harrassed" by other recruits according some news report I had seen a week or so ago. (cant remember who it was, but she was saying he had been picked on b/c he was gay) So therefore he was just "acting out".

Another reason why practicing homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to serve in our military.

Homosexuality is a choice, use the equipment you're born with and you won't have a problem.
Homosexuality is a choice like eye color or vertical leaping ability.

In principle, discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation today presents the same problems that racial prejudice in the US military posed prior to World War II.

Individual Queers may be unsuitable for military life, but that doesn't justify the universal discrimination of all homosexuals.

When is killing unarmed civilians BY THE THOUSANDS something other than murder?

Moron.

I still believe it's reasonable to assume that crime would not have happened if the US military hadn't murdered thousands of Iraqis in '90-'91, OR if we hadn't stationed thousands of our troops in Saudi Arabia.

Where's your evidence that the US murdered thousands of Iraqi's in '90-'91?

And surely your not suggesting that having soldiers stationed in Saudi Arabia is just cause to murder 3000 innocent Americans.

Would your opinion of the US invasion of Iraq be any different if you had been born in that country?

Can you explain why any investor class should profit from "sophisticated forms of industrial killing" that harvest civilian lives at a 10:1 ratio to actual combatants?

"War, once it begins, fuels new and bizarre perversities, innovative forms of death to ward off the boredom of routine death.

"This is why we would drive into towns in Bosnia and find bodies crucified on the sides of barns or decapitated, burned and mutilated.

"That is why those slain in combat are treated as trophies by their killers, turned into grotesque pieces of performance art.

"I met soldiers who carried in their wallets the identity cards of men they killed.

Bradley Manning for whatever reasons has chosen to reveal war to those who fund and support it.

Bitter Memories

I would be willing to bet that the Iraqi insurgents killed more civilians than the American army did.

What threat did Saddam Hussein's Iraq pose to you or your family in March of 2003? If your answer is zero, then our invasion of Iraq isn't legal, and every killing in Iraq by US Armed Forces qualifies as a war crime.

If Bradley Manning helps Americans who are less blinded by their country's propaganda than you are see who profits from war crimes, he's a hero and Cheney and Bush are the dirtbags.

Well considering the WORLDS intelligance agencies all said he had WMD'S in 2003 then you bet I and many others were worried about him and what he would do.

Following your premise then Bush, Cheney and the entire Congress are guilty of war crimes.

Talk about a conspiracy theory.

Mayby you need to stop listening to whatever propagada your listening to and obviously believing. Talk about brainwashed. Jeeze.

I hope he rots there.

Homosexuality is a choice like eye color or vertical leaping ability.

In principle, discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation today presents the same problems that racial prejudice in the US military posed prior to World War II.

Individual Queers may be unsuitable for military life, but that doesn't justify the universal discrimination of all homosexuals.

Sorry to tell you this, but your homosexual lifestyle will never be accepted by rational thinking people.

Manning's lawyer David E. Coombs provides the following account of his client's daily routine:

"Since arriving at the Quantico Confinement Facility in July of 2010, he has been held under Prevention of Injury (POI) watch.

"The guards at the confinement facility are professional. At no time have they tried to bully, harass, or embarrass PFC Manning.

"Given the nature of their job, however, they do not engage in conversation with PFC Manning.

"At 5:00 a.m. he is woken up (on weekends, he is allowed to sleep until 7:00 a.m.).

"Under the rules for the confinement facility, he is not allowed to sleep at anytime between 5:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.

"If he attempts to sleep during those hours, he will be made to sit up or stand by the guards.

"The television stations are limited to the basic local stations. His access to the television ranges from 1 to 3 hours on weekdays to 3 to 6 hours on weekends...

A Typical Day

That's a nice set up.

His own private room and security checking on him so often there's almost no chance he can kill himself or get killed by others

That's great. I want him alive to be convicted, and once he is convicted I want to hear 40 years to life of Hard Labor. That's a sutiuation where death is a sweet sweet mercy.
Security checks on him every five minutes which seems a little more like petty harassment to me.

Since he doesn't come in contact with any humans he hasn't approved of except his guards, it doesn't seem too likely others represent a threat to his life.

So far, only a fraction of the information he may have released has been made available to the public.

Is there any possible revelation of US political duplicity that would make you reconsider your opinion of Bradley Manning?

For example: If memos establish elements of your government knew in advance the hijackings of 9/11/2001 were planned AND allowed those planes to fly into both towers, would you regard whoever leaked those memos a traitor or hero?

The closest thing to a smoking gun that I'm aware of that Manning's revealed was published last July in Antiwar.com:

"The Guardian provides a helpful interactive map, in which you click on a location and read the 'incident report.'

'Of course, you’re reading a selection of what the Guardian editors consider important, but it looks to me like their news judgment isn’t bad at all, because the first one I clicked on was an intelligence report detailing meetings of the Taliban with Osama bin Laden in Quetta, Pakistan, and in villages on the border with Afghanistan.

"So, bin Laden is not only alive, but they know where he is.

"I guess when Hillary was hectoring the Pakistanis about the whereabouts of bin Laden, the subtext was: 'If we know, then you must know, too!'”

Bradley Manning's Gift

Hardly enough to justify leaking ALL those cables for just that one point in my opinion. Also, knowing where Bin Laden is in this context doesn't really mean anything. Heck, Eric Rudolph's location was known to a few dozen square mile range and it took the feds years to find him.

Given the proper motivation, enough local support, and plenty of money *anyone* could hide.

52 years if convicted.

If Manning deserves 52 years, how much time should the architects of the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars serve?

How many innocent humans have died from Manning's actions so far?

Both wars were approved by Congress.

According to your logic anyone who voted for these wars is a war criminal and should be prosecuted.

Civilians die in all wars. From the first war ever fought to present day.

Perhaps we should prosecute all leaders who are still alive after WWII. How many civilians were killed in that war?

Manning deliberatly released the intel. He didn't give a rats ass who could be killed or harmed because of his breach of security.

Here's hoping he spends the next 52 years behind bars. He can ponder his decision and the consequences of his decision. Hope he rots.
Both wars were approved by a congress that receives almost all its campaign funds from the US investor class. That class invests heavily in wars that kill civilians at a 10:1 ratio to armed combatants.

Since the US invasion of Iraq one in four Iraqis has been killed, maimed, displaced or incarcerated.

I would call that a war crime.

Would you?

I'd like to see some substantiation for that statistic.

"Ellsberg said he frequently hears people praise his 1971 leak of the Pentagon's secret history of the Vietnam War while condemning the WikiLeaks disclosures.

"The 79-year-old former military analyst rejected that argument, calling Manning a 'brother' who, if he indeed provided the documents to WikiLeaks, committed 'a very admirable act.'

"And he said the government is wrong to pursue criminal charges against Assange, comparing him to New York Times and Washington Post journalists who have published information from classified documents.

"'Anybody who believes Julian Assange can be distinguished from The New York Times ... is on a fool's errand,' Ellsberg said.

"Ellsberg once faced criminal charges over his leak, but they were thrown out by a judge."

Daniel Ellsberg Defends

he needs to see his psychiatrist again...apples and oranges.
Ellsberg pointed out the lies US elites told about the American invasion of South Vietnam in the same way Manning is showing our lies about Iraq and Afghanistan.

No?

No.

At least none that can be shown at this time. The Pentagon Papers these are not.

52 years if convicted.

If Manning deserves 52 years, how much time should the architects of the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars serve?

How many innocent humans have died from Manning's actions so far?

Both wars were approved by Congress.

According to your logic anyone who voted for these wars is a war criminal and should be prosecuted.

Civilians die in all wars. From the first war ever fought to present day.

Perhaps we should prosecute all leaders who are still alive after WWII. How many civilians were killed in that war?

Manning deliberatly released the intel. He didn't give a rats ass who could be killed or harmed because of his breach of security.

Here's hoping he spends the next 52 years behind bars. He can ponder his decision and the consequences of his decision. Hope he rots.
Both wars were approved by a congress that receives almost all its campaign funds from the US investor class. That class invests heavily in wars that kill civilians at a 10:1 ratio to armed combatants.

Since the US invasion of Iraq one in four Iraqis has been killed, maimed, displaced or incarcerated.

I would call that a war crime.

Would you?

I would call it bullshit.... because that's what it is.

Not sure I understand some of these rules. No excercising in the cell? Really? Why not? I get the 'no sleeping' rule...that's ok...well, maybe not the 5 AM part, but I get the deprivation of sleep deal.

I guess when you fuck up like he did, you REALLY have something to think about...and plenty of time to do it.

Sleep deprivation? How so?

Nope.

Sorry. Ain't buying your investor class bs either.

Congress approved both wars. Don't think there are any war crime charges there at all.

Civilians have been killed in war since time immemorial and will continue to be killed in every war that comes down the pike.

Its a fact. No one likes it. But. It. Is. A. Fact.

Bitter Memories

It's what an Iraqi village leader told me:

"Save as many as you can God willing you will succeed. Please remember that the ones you accidentally kill were already doomed. Praise God, help us."

Very despondent and chilling words.

Not sure I understand some of these rules. No excercising in the cell? Really? Why not? I get the 'no sleeping' rule...that's ok...well, maybe not the 5 AM part, but I get the deprivation of sleep deal.

I guess when you fuck up like he did, you REALLY have something to think about...and plenty of time to do it.
No exercise in his cell and limiting Manning to walking only during his one hour a day of "exercise" sounds more like punishment than prevention of injury, to me.

Possibly, it is being done to break him down physically and force his cooperation with the government's case against Assange.

Possibly you could do some research and find out that if that's what they wanted to do they wouldn't use these methods.

A Typical Day

That's a nice set up.

Security checks on him every five minutes which seems a little more like petty harassment to me.

Since he doesn't come in contact with any humans he hasn't approved of except his guards, it doesn't seem too likely others represent a threat to his life.

So far, only a fraction of the information he may have released has been made available to the public.

Is there any possible revelation of US political duplicity that would make you reconsider your opinion of Bradley Manning?

For example: If memos establish elements of your government knew in advance the hijackings of 9/11/2001 were planned AND allowed those planes to fly into both towers, would you regard whoever leaked those memos a traitor or hero?

You seem to be presuming that there is something there. Why is that? If there was anything significant wouldn't an interested party reveal it early? Why obfuscate it?

Moron.

Where's your evidence that the US murdered thousands of Iraqi's in '90-'91?

And surely your not suggesting that having soldiers stationed in Saudi Arabia is just cause to murder 3000 innocent Americans.
Daponte's numbers are the highest and most highly controversial; however, they seem to square with Ramsey Clark's published claim that 40,000 Iraqi children died from direct and indirect effects of US bombs between January '91 and the following August.

These indirect deaths came from our habit of targeting water treatment plants which some interpret as a war crime.

"Now a research professor at Carnegie Mellon University, Daponte was a 29-year-old demographer at the Commerce Department in 1992, responsible for keeping track of developments in the Middle East, when she estimated that 158,000 Iraqis -- 86,194 men, 39,612 women and 32,195 children -- had perished in the war and its aftermath.

"The U.S. suffered 148 combat deaths."

Wiki estimates are considerably less, I believe.

Estimate of deaths...

Forum List

Back