Bradley Manning's Typical Day

Manning's lawyer David E. Coombs provides the following account of his client's daily routine:

"PFC Manning is currently being held in maximum custody.

"Since arriving at the Quantico Confinement Facility in July of 2010, he has been held under Prevention of Injury (POI) watch.

"His cell is approximately six feet wide and twelve feet in length.

"The cell has a bed, a drinking fountain, and a toilet.

"The guards at the confinement facility are professional. At no time have they tried to bully, harass, or embarrass PFC Manning.

"Given the nature of their job, however, they do not engage in conversation with PFC Manning.

"At 5:00 a.m. he is woken up (on weekends, he is allowed to sleep until 7:00 a.m.).

"Under the rules for the confinement facility, he is not allowed to sleep at anytime between 5:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.

"If he attempts to sleep during those hours, he will be made to sit up or stand by the guards.

"He is allowed to watch television during the day.

"The television stations are limited to the basic local stations. His access to the television ranges from 1 to 3 hours on weekdays to 3 to 6 hours on weekends...

"He is allowed to have any combination of up to 15 books and magazines..."

A Typical Day

That's a nice set up.

His own private room and security checking on him so often there's almost no chance he can kill himself or get killed by others

That's great. I want him alive to be convicted, and once he is convicted I want to hear 40 years to life of Hard Labor. That's a sutiuation where death is a sweet sweet mercy.
Security checks on him every five minutes which seems a little more like petty harassment to me. He's on POI. That means they consider him a suicide risk, so it is for his own safety. And I'd be willing to bet the checks on other prisoners are set at 4 times an hour.

Since he doesn't come in contact with any humans he hasn't approved of except his guards, it doesn't seem too likely others represent a threat to his life. It only takes a moment to stick a shiv in someone.

So far, only a fraction of the information he may have released has been made available to the public. That's b/c the info was supposed to be secret.

Is there any possible revelation of US political duplicity that would make you reconsider your opinion of Bradley Manning? If he did it to same the life of family or freinds, I'd let him off the hook.

For example: If memos establish elements of your government knew in advance the hijackings of 9/11/2001 were planned AND allowed those planes to fly into both towers, would you regard whoever leaked those memos a traitor or hero?

He would still be a traitor. It's not up to him to judge what info comes across his desk and make any determinations.

ex; There's a memo where someone say they know 9/11 will happen on 9/11, that's dated 8/11. He exposes it, and people go apeshit. Months later it turns out the info came from someone claiming to be able to see the future and the date was a typo.

then what?

mannings a pos traitor, nothing more, nothing less. well, you can't get less.

Manning's lawyer David E. Coombs provides the following account of his client's daily routine:

"PFC Manning is currently being held in maximum custody.

"Since arriving at the Quantico Confinement Facility in July of 2010, he has been held under Prevention of Injury (POI) watch.

"His cell is approximately six feet wide and twelve feet in length.

"The cell has a bed, a drinking fountain, and a toilet.

"The guards at the confinement facility are professional. At no time have they tried to bully, harass, or embarrass PFC Manning.

"Given the nature of their job, however, they do not engage in conversation with PFC Manning.

"At 5:00 a.m. he is woken up (on weekends, he is allowed to sleep until 7:00 a.m.).

"Under the rules for the confinement facility, he is not allowed to sleep at anytime between 5:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.

"If he attempts to sleep during those hours, he will be made to sit up or stand by the guards.

"He is allowed to watch television during the day.

"The television stations are limited to the basic local stations. His access to the television ranges from 1 to 3 hours on weekdays to 3 to 6 hours on weekends...

"He is allowed to have any combination of up to 15 books and magazines..."

A Typical Day

This is typical of anyone on a suicide watch.

This is SOP in prisons all across America.

Manning isn't being treated any differently than anyone else on a suicide watch. In fact he gets to watch TV. Most don't.

If I were born in Iraq I would have been more worried about Saddam Hussein.

He killed hundreds of thousands of his own people and that was in peacetime.

Don't think I would have been to worried about the Americans at all.

I would be willing to bet that the Iraqi insurgents killed more civilians than the American army did.

Manning isn't a hero. He's a little dirtbag and I hope he rots in Leavenworth.
What threat did Saddam Hussein's Iraq pose to you or your family in March of 2003? If your answer is zero, then our invasion of Iraq isn't legal, and every killing in Iraq by US Armed Forces qualifies as a war crime.

If Bradley Manning helps Americans who are less blinded by their country's propaganda than you are see who profits from war crimes, he's a hero and Cheney and Bush are the dirtbags.

Well considering the WORLDS intelligance agencies all said he had WMD'S in 2003 then you bet I and many others were worried about him and what he would do.

Following your premise then Bush, Cheney and the entire Congress are guilty of war crimes.

Talk about a conspiracy theory.

Mayby you need to stop listening to whatever propagada your listening to and obviously believing. Talk about brainwashed. Jeeze.
Hans Blix and Scott Ritter were on the ground in Iraq in 2003, and did NOT believe Saddam had WMD or the will to use them.

Iraqs neighbors including Kuwait thought an American invasion would destablize the region more than leaving Saddam in power.

Who's been proven correct, AND how many $billions in war profits have draft dodgers like Cheney/Bush earned from their lies?

Another reason why practicing homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to serve in our military.

Homosexuality is a choice, use the equipment you're born with and you won't have a problem.
Homosexuality is a choice like eye color or vertical leaping ability.

In principle, discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation today presents the same problems that racial prejudice in the US military posed prior to World War II.

Individual Queers may be unsuitable for military life, but that doesn't justify the universal discrimination of all homosexuals.

Sorry to tell you this, but your homosexual lifestyle will never be accepted by rational thinking people.
When I had the misfortune of meeting my first Texan (March '66) it was widely believed by rational people in that state that all blacks were inferior to all whites.

Good to see stupid never changes in Texas.

I've never doubted nearly 3000 Americans were murdered on 9/11.

I still believe it's reasonable to assume that crime would not have happened if the US military hadn't murdered thousands of Iraqis in '90-'91, OR if we hadn't stationed thousands of our troops in Saudi Arabia.

Where's your evidence that the US murdered thousands of Iraqi's in '90-'91?

And surely your not suggesting that having soldiers stationed in Saudi Arabia is just cause to murder 3000 innocent Americans.
Daponte's numbers are the highest and most highly controversial; however, they seem to square with Ramsey Clark's published claim that 40,000 Iraqi children died from direct and indirect effects of US bombs between January '91 and the following August.

These indirect deaths came from our habit of targeting water treatment plants which some interpret as a war crime.

"Now a research professor at Carnegie Mellon University, Daponte was a 29-year-old demographer at the Commerce Department in 1992, responsible for keeping track of developments in the Middle East, when she estimated that 158,000 Iraqis -- 86,194 men, 39,612 women and 32,195 children -- had perished in the war and its aftermath.

"The U.S. suffered 148 combat deaths."

Wiki estimates are considerably less, I believe.

Estimate of deaths...

You've shown that Iraqi's have perished but failed to prove that the US was responsible.

Do you know how many millions Saddam has killed?

Homosexuality is a choice like eye color or vertical leaping ability.

In principle, discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation today presents the same problems that racial prejudice in the US military posed prior to World War II.

Individual Queers may be unsuitable for military life, but that doesn't justify the universal discrimination of all homosexuals.

Sorry to tell you this, but your homosexual lifestyle will never be accepted by rational thinking people.
When I had the misfortune of meeting my first Texan (March '66) it was widely believed by rational people in that state that all blacks were inferior to all whites.

Good to see stupid never changes in Texas.

Good to know how bigoted you are.

What threat did Saddam Hussein's Iraq pose to you or your family in March of 2003? If your answer is zero, then our invasion of Iraq isn't legal, and every killing in Iraq by US Armed Forces qualifies as a war crime.

If Bradley Manning helps Americans who are less blinded by their country's propaganda than you are see who profits from war crimes, he's a hero and Cheney and Bush are the dirtbags.

Well considering the WORLDS intelligance agencies all said he had WMD'S in 2003 then you bet I and many others were worried about him and what he would do.

Following your premise then Bush, Cheney and the entire Congress are guilty of war crimes.

Mayby you need to stop listening to whatever propagada your listening to and obviously believing. Talk about brainwashed. Jeeze.
Hans Blix and Scott Ritter were on the ground in Iraq in 2003, and did NOT believe Saddam had WMD or the will to use them.

Iraqs neighbors including Kuwait thought an American invasion would destablize the region more than leaving Saddam in power.

Who's been proven correct, AND how many $billions in war profits have draft dodgers like Cheney/Bush earned from their lies?

Hans Blix and Ritter?? Those are your sources??

WOW didn't know they were comparable to intelligence organizations around the world.

No wonder your a conspiracy theory guy.

Carry on. LOL

So you think resistance to wars of aggression that were sold to the US public as "defensive" and "necessary" is somehow a bigger crime than those who lied the country into those wars and those who get rich from mass murder?

Some of you are throwing the word "traitor" at Manning.

What do you call Dick Cheney?

Sir?

Cheney stole information from the US Government and passed it to a gossip columnist? Who knew?

You're a fucking idiot. Thank God, I'll never need a bottom feeder like you for a lawyer.

And you don't see Wiki Leaks as the MOAGC (Mother of all gossip columists)?

"Shall we put an end to the human race; or shall mankind renounce war?" (Albert Einstein & Bertrand Russell in 1955)
In case you missed it, Mill said you're a miserable creature who has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

You're welcome, ungrateful bastard.
Was Mill working for the East India Company when he called me a "miserable creature with no chance of being free...?"

I suppose you already know the level of freedom "better men" like Mill brought to Bengal?

And I'm completely in the dark about why I should be thanking those ignorant slaves currently risking their lives to prop up our 21st Century corporate overlords.

I am sure it's all as clear as sunset to you and the Gipper's ghost.
It is the soldier, not the reporter,
Who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet,
Who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the organizer,
Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the soldier, who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protestor to burn the flag.

- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC

You will be unable to understand and accept this, too.

When is killing unarmed civilians BY THE THOUSANDS something other than murder?
Funny how you don't apply that same standard to 9/11, huh?

Moron.

I still believe it's reasonable to assume that crime would not have happened if the US military hadn't murdered thousands of Iraqis in '90-'91, OR if we hadn't stationed thousands of our troops in Saudi Arabia.
"We deserved it!!"

The mating call of the American Left-Wing Chickenshit.

For example: If memos establish elements of your government knew in advance the hijackings of 9/11/2001 were planned AND allowed those planes to fly into both towers, would you regard whoever leaked those memos a traitor or hero?

You're never going to give up this fantasy, are you?

News flash, Skippy. No perp walk. No Hague. No war crimes trials. No GETBUSHCHENEYROVE. No Fitzmas.

Nothing. You fail. You lose. Forever and ever.

It's what an Iraqi village leader told me:

"Save as many as you can God willing you will succeed. Please remember that the ones you accidentally kill were already doomed. Praise God, help us."

Very despondent and chilling words.
Remember, though: An American chickenshit leftist who's never set foot outside this country knows more about it than you AND that village leader. :cuckoo:

Scott Ritter is not credible, because he received money from Saddam, albeit second-hand.
Editor's note, 1/30/04: On January 25, 2004, a daily newspaper in Iraq called al Mada published a list of individuals and organizations who it says received oil from the now-deposed regime. Among those listed is Shakir al Khafaji, an Iraqi-American from Detroit, who ran "Expatriate Conferences" for the regime in Baghdad. Al Khafaji also contributed $400,000 to the production of Scott Ritter's film "In Shifting Sands."​

Where's your evidence that the US murdered thousands of Iraqi's in '90-'91?

And surely your not suggesting that having soldiers stationed in Saudi Arabia is just cause to murder 3000 innocent Americans.
Daponte's numbers are the highest and most highly controversial; however, they seem to square with Ramsey Clark's published claim that 40,000 Iraqi children died from direct and indirect effects of US bombs between January '91 and the following August.

These indirect deaths came from our habit of targeting water treatment plants which some interpret as a war crime.

"Now a research professor at Carnegie Mellon University, Daponte was a 29-year-old demographer at the Commerce Department in 1992, responsible for keeping track of developments in the Middle East, when she estimated that 158,000 Iraqis -- 86,194 men, 39,612 women and 32,195 children -- had perished in the war and its aftermath.

"The U.S. suffered 148 combat deaths."

Wiki estimates are considerably less, I believe.

Estimate of deaths...

You've shown that Iraqi's have perished but failed to prove that the US was responsible.

Do you know how many millions Saddam has killed?
The Persian Gulf War started with an extensive aerial bombing campaign on 17 January 1991. The coalition flew over 100,000 sorties, dropping 88,500 tons of bombs,[49] and widely destroying military and civilian infrastructure."

I don't know how many "millions" Saddam killed; however, I'm pretty sure none were on the opposite side of the planet from Iraq.

Do you know or care how many Koreans. Vietnamese, Laotians, and Cambodians the US killed or how much profit that generated for US "defense" contractors?

Gulf War - Wiki

In case you missed it, Mill said you're a miserable creature who has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

You're welcome, ungrateful bastard.
Was Mill working for the East India Company when he called me a "miserable creature with no chance of being free...?"

I suppose you already know the level of freedom "better men" like Mill brought to Bengal?

And I'm completely in the dark about why I should be thanking those ignorant slaves currently risking their lives to prop up our 21st Century corporate overlords.

Just as you're incapable of understanding it was the soldier who gave us Hitler, Stalin and Mao. Those who blindly serve the state they were born in can never be more than accidental freedom fighters.

Just as you're incapable of understanding it was the soldier who gave us Hitler, Stalin and Mao. Those who blindly serve the state they were born in can never be more than accidental freedom fighters.
And like a typical leftist who can't think anything more complex than what will fit on a protest sign, you think the US military are all mindless baby-killing robots.

What a moron you are.

Funny how you don't apply that same standard to 9/11, huh?

Moron.

"We deserved it!!"

Why is it anyone disagreeing with your opinions about the US Empire is automatically a coward?

Are you projecting?

"We deserved it!!"

Why is it anyone disagreeing with your opinions about the US Empire is automatically a coward?

Are you projecting?
Not at all. You see, I raised my hand and swore the oath. Retiring after 20 years of uniformed service at the end of February. Even a braindead moonbat moron like you couldn't possibly spin that into cowardice.

However, you, by your own admission, are a coward. For your actions, and for the ideals you espouse.

Here's a visual aid:
demplancopyqk5.jpg

Last edited:

News flash, Skippy. No perp walk. No Hague. No war crimes trials. No GETBUSHCHENEYROVE. No Fitzmas.

Buffy: Does it bother you that no member of the US government has taken a perp walk for 911?

Had Al Gore's brother been governor of Florida in 2000 and a Democrat served as Secretary of Defense in 2001, do you think there would have been calls from the right to "move on?"

America fails by not investigating how two planes collapsed three steel-framed skyscrapers.

And looks chickenshit in the process.

Buffy: Does it bother you that no member of the US government has taken a perp walk for 911?
Why should it? No one in government did anything wrong. Idiot.
Had Al Gore's brother been governor of Florida in 2000 and a Democrat served as Secretary of Defense in 2001, do you think there would have been calls from the right to "move on?"

America fails by not investigating how two planes collapsed three steel-framed skyscrapers.

And looks chickenshit in the process.
There was an investigation. That you don't like the result is utterly meaningless.

Get it? NOTHING you want to happen will happen. Ever. NOTHING.

Forum List

Back