BP vs. ACORN

Just apply the standards you applied to ACORN, when you decided that ACORN should get no more government contracts,

to BP, and do it objectively, set aside your partisan bias, and see what conclusion you reach.

Are BP (a foreign owned business) funded by US taxpayers? I soooo did not know that.

Just goes to prove, you can't fix stupid.
As a matter of fact, they are...they are supposed to pay royalties and apparently we've been lax in collecting them for years. Not just BP, but all the oil companies.

And whose fault is that? The oil companies?

BWAHAHAHA!!

The muffin got pwned, so now she's trying to change the subject

They didnt allow the employees to cheat them.

They reported most of the incidents themselves.

ACORN were corrupt from the top down. Live with it. But, don't worry, they haven't gone away, they just broke up an re-branded..... fortunately, we still know who they are and we'll get them again.

Right, ACORN was corrupt, and BP doesn't get money from the US govt:cuckoo:

You have no credibility

ACORN is a criminal enterprise and is a bigger threat to our Liberty than the Gambino crime family. BP is trying to work through an accident. An accident.

See the difference?

You are getting stupider by the second.

BP had 'an accident' so there can't be any civil or criminal liability? Is that your honest to goodness belief?

Here's a hint, two hints actually. You have liability insurance on your car, in case you have an ACCIDENT. Half of all auto ACCIDENTS involve drunk drivers. Exxon Valdez was an ACCIDENT.

Now think for awhile about that.

But was ACORN an accident? Your comparison, therefore the thread title, the premise is flawed. But that's how the ball bounces in the world of Liberal Statists in their mindset. Flawed. Apples and Rockets. Vast difference. Frank is correct.

PLEASE answer my question about why the republican party has to cheat to win elections?

You are aware, are you not, that the topic of the thread is BP vs ACORN, and not about the GOP cheating to win elections?

Are you able to follow simple instructions? Because you seem incapable of focusing on a topic.

You are aware, are you not, that your claim about BP not getting money from US taxpayers was proven to be a lie?

Are you able to own up to your errors? Because you seem incapable of taking responsibility for your own words

ACORN is a criminal enterprise and is a bigger threat to our Liberty than the Gambino crime family. BP is trying to work through an accident. An accident.

See the difference?

BP had 'an accident' so there can't be any civil or criminal liability? Is that your honest to goodness belief?

Here's a hint, two hints actually. You have liability insurance on your car, in case you have an ACCIDENT. Half of all auto ACCIDENTS involve drunk drivers. Exxon Valdez was an ACCIDENT.

But was ACORN an accident? Your comparison, therefore the thread title, the premise is flawed. But that's how the ball bounces in the world of Liberal Statists in their mindset. Flawed. Apples and Rockets. Vast difference. Frank is correct.

ACORN didn't commit any crimes. BP did.

That's why they went into hiding, reformed under different names? :lol:

If they did nothing wrong? Why drop the name? Why not fight it?:cuckoo:

And for the Record? The Government certified that vessel that exploded.

*NEXT*

*NEXT*

If the broke any laws, why can't you prove it?

Only a coward refuses to defend their own words. When challenged by the idiot California Girl who said BP didn't get any US taxpayer money, the OP stood up and proved that BP did.

When challenged, you just quiver. Take the testicles out of your face and back up your claims. Let's see the proof.

Last edited:
They were a group composed of many samller groups .

Acorn died and the smaller groups hung on in their local areas.

I'm not hearing too many of the conservatives who demanded that ACORN lose its government contracts saying the same about BP. What's the problem?

most of them are neocons aka the menshevik brand of progressive.

That said, IF negligence by BP Corp is demonstrated in a USA Court to be the cause of the oil spill as much of BP equity as is necessary should be confiscated to make those damaged whole upto liquidating the corporation. In that case the victims of the spill MUST come before ANY executive/employee/equity/debt holder in the corporation.

Some of those 'groups' got caught violating the LAW while bilking taxpayers.

I see you are cowardly refusing to back up your claims. Instead of defending your own words, you just go on to tell more lies.

I'm not hearing too many of the conservatives who demanded that ACORN lose its government contracts saying the same about BP. What's the problem?

what govt contracts does bp hold?

Even a temporary expulsion from the U.S. could be devastating for BP's business. BP is the largest oil and gas producer in the Gulf of Mexico and operates some 22,000 oil and gas wells across United States, many of them on federal lands or waters. According to the company, those wells produce 39 percent of the company's global revenue from oil and gas production each year -- $16 billion.

Discretionary debarment is a step that government investigators have long sought to avoid, and which many experts had considered highly unlikely because BP is a major supplier of fuel to the U.S. military. The company could petition U.S. courts for an exception, arguing that ending that contract is a national security risk. That segment of BP's business alone was worth roughly $4.6 billion over the last decade, according to the government contracts website USAspending.

EPA Considering Banning BP from Gov't Contracts - CBS News

I hope you didn't wager too much that I wouldn't have that information lolol

I love that.

Making a statement you know to be true. Letting the right wingers scream, rant and call you "stupid" among the more polite names. Then, WHAM!, hitting them with the evidence. It drives them crazy.

And I love rw rants about Acorn. There is not a single case of "voter fraud" where Acorn has been convicted that I'm aware of. Worse, the "registration fraud" was reported, get this, by Acorn.

And the entire case that Acorn was involved in prostitution has been discredited and the guys who perpetrated that fraud have been criminally charged, like many right wing heroes.

And yet they still call Acorn a "national threat". It's sad really. Acorn has been on the side of the poor and the Middle Class. Two segments of society that the Right Wing has historically tried again and again to step on. Most RW politicians can't even bring themselves to say the words "middle class".

The republican party has been cuaght red handed keeping legal voters from voting.

That is a fact.

First, ACORN was shown to be willing to promote child prostitution, and help launder the profits. While I will admit that the spill in the gulf is a major disaster, I do not think they compare.

Second, what contracts does BP have? Last I looked they were paying for the right to drill, so cutting off the "contracts" would result in less money being available for the contracts that the government actually paying out on.

Last edited:

*NEXT*

It's very difficult for a "not for profit" organization that helps the poor and middle class to fight the rabid right wing who has unlimited funding from their corporate masters.

It's like public schools and the science of evolution. The Bush appointed judge who served over he "Dover school board and evolution case" asked why the "science of evolution", which clearly IS a science, isn't taught more in public schools?

The reason is the schools simply don't have the money to fight the lawsuits brought on by the rabid right. So they end up teaching a very "simple" kind of natural science. Bees pollinate flowers and caterpillars become butterflies and that kind of simple stuff.

As long as the right wing gets their way, they don't care they hurt the country, who gets stepped on, or even if they hamstring their own children - making them uncompetitive in today's modern world.

Last edited by a moderator:

First, ACORN was shown to be willing to promote child prostitution, and help hide launder the profits.WRONG While I will admit that the spill in the gulf is a major disaster, I do not think they compare.

Second, what contracts does BP have? Last I looked they were paying for the right to drill, so cutting off the "contracts" would result in less money being available for the contracts that the government actually paying out on.
They lied and said they could deal with a spill

First, ACORN was shown to be willing to promote child prostitution, and help hide launder the profits. While I will admit that the spill in the gulf is a major disaster, I do not think they compare.

I love it when lackeys repeat the "talking points" given to them by their "corporate masters". It makes me quiver like a bowl of jello.

okeefe.jpg

James O’Keefe, 25, famous for wearing a pimp costume in a video that embarrassed the ACORN, was sentenced to three years probation, 100 hours of community service and a $1,500 fine.

O’Keefe, Stan Dai, Joseph Basel and Robert Flanagan were arrested Jan. 25 on felony charges, but federal prosecutors later reduced the charges.

Fake ACORN Pimp Pleads Guilty In Phone-Tapping Case | News One

md_horiz.jpg

O'Keefe's racial issues can be seen in many of his prior stunts The notorious ACORN videos highlighted images of himself dressed as a pimp, deceptively edited through hidden camera footage as he baited African-American office workers into making statements that could be perceived as incriminating. There were also lesser-known but equally inflammatory spectacles like the “affirmative action bake sale” O’Keefe and his conservative comrades held when they were students at Rutgers University. During the event, O’Keefe stood at a table in the center of campus offering baked goods at reduced prices to Latinos and African-Americans while whites were forced to pay exorbitant amounts. (Native Americans, he announced, would eat free.)

By O’Keefe’s own account, his racial troubles became acute when he entered the multicultural atmosphere of Rutgers University’s dormitory system. In an online diary that has since been scrubbed from the Web (but not before being captured on Daily Kos), he wrote that he was forced to live on an all-black dormitory floor after refusing to live with the gay roommate he was initially assigned. O’Keefe claimed his next roommate was “an Indian midget ... who smelled like shit.” The roommate left, however, and was replaced by “a greek kid.” The new roommate complained to a residential administrator that O’Keefe had called his neighbors “*******,” prompting the school to expel him from the dorm.

O’Keefe has now hired a defense attorney and is waging a high publicity battle against charges that could land him in prison for nearly a year. Some of his old allies, like Breitbart, remain in his corner. Fox News' Sean Hannity hosted O'Keefe for a sympathetic sitdown Feb. 1, where the young right-winger played victim, claiming he was being persecuted by "flat-out slandering" and "journalistic malpractice."

James O'Keefe's race problem - James O'Keefe - Salon.com

okeefe-giles.jpg

The liberal group contends that the audio portion of the video was obtained illegally because Maryland requires two-party consent to create sound recordings.

The two employees seen in the video were fired after it was posted online. The lawsuit says the employees, Tonja Thompson and Shera Williams, suffered “extreme emotional distress.”

----------------------------------------------

Just so it's clear to those white wingers who still don't understand, this career white supremacist and racist made video tapes at Acorn. Then he went home and him and his girlfriend DRESSED up as a pimp and a ho, filmed themselves and then RE-EDIDED the video. IT WAS PURELY A CREATION OF SLANDER AND LIES and still, the white wing pushes it as the "truth".

Next, they will be telling us that Iraq was involved in 9/11, Obama is a "Muslim" and Acorn changed the presidential election.:lol::lol:

ACORN Sues Maker Of “Pimp” Video | News One

COULD THE WHITE WING BE ANY MORE RETARDED? IS IT POSSIBLE?

We hope that this puts to bed this nonsense and the white wing will refuse to repeat it once again. But we know that will never happen.

Once they get into the habit of repeating a lie, it become the "honest to God" truth and in their tiny minds, nothing will ever change that.

Last edited by a moderator:

First, ACORN was shown to be willing to promote child prostitution, and help hide launder the profits. While I will admit that the spill in the gulf is a major disaster, I do not think they compare.

I love it when lackeys repeat the "talking points" given to them by their "corporate masters". It makes me quiver like a bowl of jello.

okeefe.jpg

James O’Keefe, 25, famous for wearing a pimp costume in a video that embarrassed the ACORN, was sentenced to three years probation, 100 hours of community service and a $1,500 fine.

O’Keefe, Stan Dai, Joseph Basel and Robert Flanagan were arrested Jan. 25 on felony charges, but federal prosecutors later reduced the charges.

Fake ACORN Pimp Pleads Guilty In Phone-Tapping Case | News One

md_horiz.jpg

O'Keefe's racial issues can be seen in many of his prior stunts The notorious ACORN videos highlighted images of himself dressed as a pimp, deceptively edited through hidden camera footage as he baited African-American office workers into making statements that could be perceived as incriminating. There were also lesser-known but equally inflammatory spectacles like the “affirmative action bake sale” O’Keefe and his conservative comrades held when they were students at Rutgers University. During the event, O’Keefe stood at a table in the center of campus offering baked goods at reduced prices to Latinos and African-Americans while whites were forced to pay exorbitant amounts. (Native Americans, he announced, would eat free.)

By O’Keefe’s own account, his racial troubles became acute when he entered the multicultural atmosphere of Rutgers University’s dormitory system. In an online diary that has since been scrubbed from the Web (but not before being captured on Daily Kos), he wrote that he was forced to live on an all-black dormitory floor after refusing to live with the gay roommate he was initially assigned. O’Keefe claimed his next roommate was “an Indian midget ... who smelled like shit.” The roommate left, however, and was replaced by “a greek kid.” The new roommate complained to a residential administrator that O’Keefe had called his neighbors “*******,” prompting the school to expel him from the dorm.

O’Keefe has now hired a defense attorney and is waging a high publicity battle against charges that could land him in prison for nearly a year. Some of his old allies, like Breitbart, remain in his corner. Fox News' Sean Hannity hosted O'Keefe for a sympathetic sitdown Feb. 1, where the young right-winger played victim, claiming he was being persecuted by "flat-out slandering" and "journalistic malpractice."

James O'Keefe's race problem - James O'Keefe - Salon.com

okeefe-giles.jpg

The liberal group contends that the audio portion of the video was obtained illegally because Maryland requires two-party consent to create sound recordings.

The two employees seen in the video were fired after it was posted online. The lawsuit says the employees, Tonja Thompson and Shera Williams, suffered “extreme emotional distress.”

----------------------------------------------

Just so it's clear to those white wingers who still don't understand, this career white supremacist and racist made video tapes at Acorn. Then he went home and him and his girlfriend DRESSED up as a pimp and a ho, filmed themselves and then RE-EDIDED the video. IT WAS PURELY A CREATION OF SLANDER AND LIES and still, the white wing pushes it as the "truth".

Next, they will be telling us that Iraq was involved in 9/11, Obama is a "Muslim" and Acorn changed the presidential election.:lol::lol:

ACORN Sues Maker Of “Pimp” Video | News One

COULD THE WHITE WING BE ANY MORE RETARDED? IS IT POSSIBLE?

We hope that this puts to bed this nonsense and the white wing will refuse to repeat it once again. But we know that will never happen.

Once they get into the habit of repeating a lie, it become the "honest to God" truth and in their tiny minds, nothing will ever change that.
Wow, I must have hit a nerve.

Newsflash, it does not matter if O'Keefe is a racist or not, because ACORN is still an organization that supports child prostitution. However much you hate me and my corporate masters you cannot deny that simple fact.

By the way, can anyone tell me where to sign up for my checks? I could really use the money that my corporate masters owe me for spouting talking points.

Forum List

Back