Boycott Michael King Day...Go to Work

you do that.....were i worked the place was closed....

How many holidays did GOVT get per year?

I can say 9-11 Holidays max is typical in "elite" Private Bigger Companies. If XMAS or NewYear or July 4 is on a weekend.......maybe you would get MLK day? But I never remember getting it off officially?
we got 10...including the useless one Columbus Day.....

Fair point but nothing can be more useless than "new year's day". "Celebrating" the inevitable tick of a clock? Really?

I always ignore that one ---- but I ain't stoopid enough to go to work, stand around and go "hello?? Where is everybody?"

Never really knew my dad. He left before I was born. Mother had been dead for a few years. I hate to break your stereotype, but I made it on my own.
I applaud that. So why vote Democrat? Do you work in a union shop?

I've never voted Democrat. I supported a conservative, but he never won the nomination.
Kasich?

Rand Paul.

I was at the cabin and I drove back to the city just so I could write him in.

Faggot liberal. :rolleyes:

I applaud that. So why vote Democrat? Do you work in a union shop?

I've never voted Democrat. I supported a conservative, but he never won the nomination.
Kasich?

Rand Paul.
I'm cool with that. Somehow thought you were a liberal mocking my post. I stand corrected.

I am a liberal and conservative. What I'm not is a partisan hack.
That is the Libertarian stance. How many libertarians hold office nationwide...other than city council member? The fact that you are a Libertarian makes you a "partisan hack."

Kasich?

Rand Paul.
I'm cool with that. Somehow thought you were a liberal mocking my post. I stand corrected.

That is the Libertarian stance. How many libertarians hold office nationwide...other than city council member? The fact that you are a Libertarian makes you a "partisan hack."

Funny how nothing anyone tries works because they go for liberal or conservative then bitch 8 years later. It's almost as if someone is doing something wrong. As Einstein once said, "The definition of insanity is derp de fucking derp".

Funny how nothing anyone tries works because they go for liberal or conservative then bitch 8 years later. It's almost as if someone is doing something wrong. As Einstein once said, "The definition of insanity is derp de fucking derp".
Trump is an old school Democrat that had to switch Republican. Guess you and him have a lot in common.

you do that.....were i worked the place was closed....

How many holidays did GOVT get per year?

I can say 9-11 Holidays max is typical in "elite" Private Bigger Companies. If XMAS or NewYear or July 4 is on a weekend.......maybe you would get MLK day? But I never remember getting it off officially?
we got 10...including the useless one Columbus Day.....

Fair point but nothing can be more useless than "new year's day". "Celebrating" the inevitable tick of a clock? Really?

I always ignore that one ---- but I ain't stoopid enough to go to work, stand around and go "hello?? Where is everybody?"
i call Columbus useless because no one has that one off and the next day the mail volume was horrible,it took most of the week to catch up...

img-the-fbi-and-martin-luther-king-jr_093035394035.jpg

The author of Bearing the Cross, the Pulitzer Prize–winning biography of Martin Luther King Jr., exposes the government’s massive surveillance campaign against the civil rights leader

When US attorney general Robert F. Kennedy authorized a wiretap of Martin Luther King Jr.’s phones by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, he set in motion one of the most invasive surveillance operations in American history. Sparked by informant reports of King’s alleged involvement with communists, the FBI amassed a trove of information on the civil rights leader. Their findings failed to turn up any evidence of communist influence, but they did expose sensitive aspects of King’s personal life that the FBI went on to use in its attempts to mar his public image.

Garrow uncovers the voyeurism and racism within J. Edgar Hoover’s FBI while unmasking Hoover’s personal desire to destroy King. The spying only intensified once King publicly denounced the Vietnam War, and the FBI continued to surveil him until his death.

The FBI's secret memos show an agency obsessed with "neutraliz(ing)" MLK

There are dozens of such menacing memos and letters held in the U.S. archives that detail the FBI's systematic plot to "neutralize" the civil rights leader. In retrospect it may be horrifying to know that the government had such a plan, but historians say the plot did have an upside.
FBI wiretaps have "given us the most powerful and persuasive source of all for seeing how utterly selfless Martin Luther King was," as a civil rights leader, according to a leading civil rights scholar.
"You see him being intensely self-critical. King really and truly believed that he was there to be of service to others. This was not a man with any egomaniacal joy of being a famous person, or being a leader," said Pulitzer Prize-winning scholar David Garrow in a recent interview with CNN.

Yyyyyeah I didn't bring up race. You just did. Guess where that leaves you hangin'.

Must be the same place all the Liberals hang after labeling Conservatives 'racists' for criticizing Obama's policies.

On Monday I will do what I always do on Michael King day...go to the office and work 8 hours. So urge all to boycott this communist subversive by working that overtime, wrench on the truck, build a fence, scoop snow, anything but accept this as a holiday. Democrats pandered for black votes in 1983 when they made Michael King Day.
DID YOU SAY DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. WAS A PHONY?
when i was working we got it off with pay.....hey i will take any day off with pay they want to give me....
I will work out of respect for my country.
To his credit, Rush Limbaugh works on MLK Day.

Too bad you never take a holiday from pussy aching.
I simply refuse to honor a communist sympathizer who was doing this at a time when the Soviet Union had 30,0000 nuclear warheads pointed at us and when we had troops in the field in Vietnam fighting communist expansion.

Bully for you. Nobody cares if you toil your ass off on Monday. I'll likely be resting from a hangover after watching the Steelers hopefully beat KC.

Good news for you, the Steelers beat KC on 6 field goals.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
img-the-fbi-and-martin-luther-king-jr_093035394035.jpg

The author of Bearing the Cross, the Pulitzer Prize–winning biography of Martin Luther King Jr., exposes the government’s massive surveillance campaign against the civil rights leader

When US attorney general Robert F. Kennedy authorized a wiretap of Martin Luther King Jr.’s phones by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, he set in motion one of the most invasive surveillance operations in American history. Sparked by informant reports of King’s alleged involvement with communists, the FBI amassed a trove of information on the civil rights leader. Their findings failed to turn up any evidence of communist influence, but they did expose sensitive aspects of King’s personal life that the FBI went on to use in its attempts to mar his public image.

Garrow uncovers the voyeurism and racism within J. Edgar Hoover’s FBI while unmasking Hoover’s personal desire to destroy King. The spying only intensified once King publicly denounced the Vietnam War, and the FBI continued to surveil him until his death.
They evidence was already there. Another liberal book, by a liberal author, that got a Pulitzer from liberal organization.

Forum List

Back