Boycott Macy's ?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
You guys can decide for yourselves, but they will not get any of my Christmas dollars.

Macy's CEO Says Dumping Donald Trump's Line Was Still the Right Move

But he would also have dropped a Hillary collection

Macy’s M 0.14% CEO Terry Lundgren on Thursday stood by his decision last year to drop president-elect Donald Trump’s clothing line from the department store chain.

In the summer of 2015, Macy’s stopped selling Trump’s line of menswear after the real-estate-developer-turned-Republican-candidate said many Mexican immigrants were rapists or murderers. Despite Trump’s victory on Tuesday and upcoming ascent to the most powerful job in the world, Lundgren said he has no regrets.

“We made our decision about a year and a half ago, and stand by our decision,” Lundgren told TheStreetin an interview.

Macy’s started selling Trump’s menswear line — including $70 dress shirts, $65 ties, and cuff links and watches — in 2004. Trump also appeared in Macy’s commercials. But the department store found Trump’s comments untenable at a time Macy’s was trying to court more Hispanic customers and said it valued diversity.

Macy’s CEO Says Dumping Donald Trump’s Line Was Still the Right Move

The boycotts are coming too fast and furious to keep up with. Give it up already.

• Banned
The boycotts are coming too fast and furious to keep up with. Give it up already.

People can choose for themselves.
I have a list of celebs and artists I won't follow, stores I won't go in, products I won't buy.

You guys can decide for yourselves, but they will not get any of my Christmas dollars.

Macy’s M 0.14% CEO Terry Lundgren on Thursday stood by his decision last year to drop president-elect Donald Trump’s clothing line from the department store chain.

In the summer of 2015, Macy’s stopped selling Trump’s line of menswear after the real-estate-developer-turned-Republican-candidate said many Mexican immigrants were rapists or murderers. Despite Trump’s victory on Tuesday and upcoming ascent to the most powerful job in the world, Lundgren said he has no regrets.

“We made our decision about a year and a half ago, and stand by our decision,” Lundgren told TheStreetin an interview.

Macy’s started selling Trump’s menswear line — including $70 dress shirts, $65 ties, and cuff links and watches — in 2004. Trump also appeared in Macy’s commercials. But the department store found Trump’s comments untenable at a time Macy’s was trying to court more Hispanic customers and said it valued diversity.

Maybe I'll boycott Macy's just for the hellofit........ Now I have to figure out how one boycotts a retailer if one has never done business with that retailer in the first place........ :dunno:
:eusa_whistle:

I've been boycotting Macy's my entire life for no particular reason. Well, maybe because I've never been anywhere near a Macy's. So, I guess I will continue the boycot.

Maybe I'll boycott Macy's just for the hellofit........ Now I have to figure out how one boycotts a retailer if one has never done business with that retailer in the first place........ :dunno:
:eusa_whistle:
Just continue not doing business with them......that will show 'em!

The problem with this Macy's CEO is his decision is based on a fallacy. Trump never said many Mexican immigrants were bad people. He said SOME ILLEGAL immigrants (notice the key words "ILLEGAL" and "SOME") were bad people as in gang members, rapist and drug pushers. Trump is 100% correct. Its amazing Macy's s still in business when their CEO is such a dumbass douchebag and can't comprehend the simplest of statements about ILLEGAL immigration.

It was a good business decision then and now that he has won the contest.... better to keep business and politics separate...

The problem with this Macy's CEO is his decision is based on a fallacy. Trump never said many Mexican immigrants were bad people. He said SOME ILLEGAL immigrants (notice the key words "ILLEGAL" and "SOME") were bad people as in gang members, rapist and drug pushers. Trump is 100% correct. Its amazing Macy's s still in business when their CEO is such a dumbass douchebag and can't comprehend the simplest of statements about ILLEGAL immigration.
that's not true.... he implied they were all bad, THEN he said, and SOME, some might be good people.

that's not true.... he implied they were all bad, THEN he said, and SOME, some might be good people.

Those of us that voted for Trump know what he said and what he meant. This is why he's already stated they'll look at deporting criminals first and then will wait to decide on the law abiding illegals. He's not going to deport the law abiders. Hence, his actions are in synch with his statement that you and the Macys douchebag got wrong.

When Trump announced his candidacy, he was not very precise with his words. In other words, he was speaking more like a normal person and not a politician. He did say something to the effect that Mexico is sending us their worst. So, at the time he didn't specify illegal immigrants. I agree with your interpretation of what he meant, but he did not say that precisely.

Those of us that voted for Trump know what he said and what he meant. This is why he's already stated they'll look at deporting criminals first and then will wait to decide on the law abiding illegals. He's not going to deport the law abiders. Hence, his actions are in synch with his statement that you and the Macys douchebag got wrong.
You have the super secret decoder ring, eh?

I was in Retail and Wholesale and manufacturing my entire career, and 2 things were never discussed and we never took sides on, religion and politics.... we did everything we could to be neutral, so that we would not offend any of the customers that fed us...

Don't shop macy's and won't be buying Kellogg's either if they proceed with their attitude.

It was a good business decision then and now that he has won the contest.... better to keep business and politics separate...

I agree with you 100%. You're gonna piss someone off once you've taken a stand.

In this case however, here's their problem.

They were already carrying the Trump line, so had they continued to carry the line, they risked offending anti-Trump people.
They drop the line, and they offend the pro-Trump people.

Apparently they are gambling that there will be less damage by siding with the anti-Trump people.

I agree with you 100%. You're gonna piss someone off once you've taken a stand.

In this case however, here's their problem.

They were already carrying the Trump line, so had they continued to carry the line, they risked offending anti-Trump people.
They drop the line, and they offend the pro-Trump people.

Apparently they are gambling that there will be less damage by siding with the anti-Trump people.
If they had simply continued to carry the Trump brand without making an issue of it, it probably would never have become a national story.....very few customers would care. They shot themselves in the foot by making it an issue to begin with.

When Trump announced his candidacy, he was not very precise with his words. In other words, he was speaking more like a normal person and not a politician. He did say something to the effect that Mexico is sending us their worst. So, at the time he didn't specify illegal immigrants. I agree with your interpretation of what he meant, but he did not say that precisely.

He has since qualified his statement. So yes, I believe we are correct in his meaning.

You have the super secret decoder ring, eh?

Yes. All bi-partisans who care about the working class do.

He has since qualified his statement. So yes, I believe we are correct in his meaning.
I agree.

However, it is not uncommon for a politician to stick his foot in his mouth, saying something stupid or inappropriate, and then try to rewrite history with a clarification of what was said.

New Topics

Forum List

Back