Boy Scouts Will Admit Girls, Allow Them to Earn Eagle Scout Rank

Just another example of the critically and tragic stupidity of progressives to erase sexual differences. Both physical and mental.
Boys and Girls are different. And it is a good thing. A good thing that our education system is trying hard to eradicate.
I suppose there's nothing wrong with Scouts going co-ed. It's been WAY too long since I had anything to do with it to know what that would mean for scouting troops today. I think the camping trips could get awkward, though.
really?

you want your teenage daughter sharing a tent with a teenage boy?
No one says they have to share their tent or their bathroom, so stop being stupid. However, after lights out, I would bet some of the tents end up with a boy and a girl sharing a sleeping bag.

Of course, I hear that's pretty much what happens at summer camp. I never went.
However, after lights out, I would bet some of the tents end up with a boy and a girl sharing a sleeping bag.

that was my point.

Alright, what the fuck is this bullshit? I was in the boy scouts for 5 years and there was something special about getting out there with your buddies and all of their dads and doing/learning cool shit separate from the women that are involved in just about every other aspect of our lives. It wasn't sexist; it was just about male camaraderie. It won't be the same now.

Boy Scouts will admit girls and allow them to earn Eagle Scout rank

The Boy Scouts of America announced Wednesday that girls will soon be allowed to become Cub Scouts and to earn the coveted rank of Eagle Scout, the organization’s highest honor.

"We believe it is critical to evolve how our programs meet the needs of families interested in positive and lifelong experiences for their children," said Michael Surbaugh, chief executive of the Boy Scouts.

Thank your feminist leftist pricks who teach their girls to invade every aspect of the male world. Gawd for bid if boys/males have " just a guy thing going on" . .....

Radical feminist are unequal pos loser bitches.

can't wait until some dumbass ass actually makes it on the pro NFL and gets slammed just like one of the men thank your leftist liberals for raising boys that will beat the shit out of a girl just like a boy . Now that is equal that's what the pricks wanted that's what the pricks will get.

Way to go leftist feminist losers.

Last edited:
Will the same structure apply to patrols when they reach the actual Boy Scout/Troop level?

In practice it won't be possible to keep it all separate and create the same experiences.

What will also be lost is the camaraderie that was found, because now the boys will be all concerned about how they look in front of the girls, and the whole thing is going to go to hell.

Plus I know they are probably gonna start dropping things like the gun training because some people are going to get but hurt over it.

Just another example of the critically and tragic stupidity of progressives to erase sexual differences. Both physical and mental.
Boys and Girls are different. And it is a good thing. A good thing that our education system is trying hard to eradicate.
I suppose there's nothing wrong with Scouts going co-ed. It's been WAY too long since I had anything to do with it to know what that would mean for scouting troops today. I think the camping trips could get awkward, though.
really?

Slippery slope!
Slippery slope!

Who said anything about sharing tents?

That will certainly make the monthly camp outs a lot more interesting. Do they still do monthly camp outs?

Will moms be able to become Scoutmasters?

Seems there will be some separation. Girls will be in separate dens but part of a pack
They will be able to go through the same scouting program as the boys

When my son was a scout, they would camp at local facilities alongside a local Girl Scout troop They did some common activities and shared meals

Will the same structure apply to patrols when they reach the actual Boy Scout/Troop level?

They have not said how they would handle it at the Boy Scout level. It may be they allow girls to form independent troops that run a certified scouting program

Patrols seem to interact more than Cub Scout dens do. I don't know how they will execute it but if it is like any other scouting activity, it will be highly regulated

That will certainly make the monthly camp outs a lot more interesting. Do they still do monthly camp outs?

Will moms be able to become Scoutmasters?

I have already seen moms as Scoutmasters

really?

Slippery slope!
Slippery slope!

Ya, no boys will be doing anything in the woods!
Dumbass

When I was in Girl Scouts, back in the dark ages, we got cooking and sewing badges. I wonder if the boys will be doing those too. Maybe it's already a choice--I don't know.
My GS leader was not an outdoorsy type AT ALL. We went on one picnic and she forgot the charcoal. We did crafts and poisoned our families with our cooking.
when i was in the 6th grade (pretty much at the height of my boy scout career) we had a choice for elementary school.

cake decorating or bike repair.

only me and 1 other guy took cake decorating. we caught a lot of hell at first and then, after they were done fixing a flat tire, they saw me and him in a room full of girls eating cake.

suddenly we were the smart ones. :)

i don't know why people have to think that an organization that caters to a select group is bad. some things it seems they want torn down for no good reason other than it's there. this is one of 'em.

While my son was a scout they changed the rules about adult/scout interaction

Adults were not allowed to share a tent with a scout who was not their son
All activities needed two adults present with scouts at all times
You were not allowed in restrooms or showers with the boys

I imagine they will implement similar restrictions for coed activities

really?

Slippery slope!
Slippery slope!

Just like they didn't get together at summer camps.

th

When I was in Girl Scouts, back in the dark ages, we got cooking and sewing badges. I wonder if the boys will be doing those too. Maybe it's already a choice--I don't know.
My GS leader was not an outdoorsy type AT ALL. We went on one picnic and she forgot the charcoal. We did crafts and poisoned our families with our cooking.
when i was in the 6th grade (pretty much at the height of my boy scout career) we had a choice for elementary school.

cake decorating or bike repair.

only me and 1 other guy took cake decorating. we caught a lot of hell at first and then, after they were done fixing a flat tire, they saw me and him in a room full of girls eating cake.

suddenly we were the smart ones. :)

i don't know why people have to think that an organization that caters to a select group is bad. some things it seems they want torn down for no good reason other than it's there. this is one of 'em.

If I could go back to my high school days, i'd try to take Home Ec.

really?

Slippery slope!
Slippery slope!

Just like they didn't get together at summer camps.

th

They can get together with girls at school too
Yet we have coed schools

Forum List

Back