Boy Scouts Will Admit Girls, Allow Them to Earn Eagle Scout Rank

Just another example of the critically and tragic stupidity of progressives to erase sexual differences. Both physical and mental.
Boys and Girls are different. And it is a good thing. A good thing that our education system is trying hard to eradicate.
I suppose there's nothing wrong with Scouts going co-ed. It's been WAY too long since I had anything to do with it to know what that would mean for scouting troops today. I think the camping trips could get awkward, though.
really?

you want your teenage daughter sharing a tent with a teenage boy?

Slippery slope!
Slippery slope!

Who said anything about sharing tents?

Just like they didn't get together at summer camps.

th

They can get together with girls at school too
Yet we have coed schools
maybe that's the point. in all other aspects of our lives we *must* mingle. what is the harm in just leaving this alone?

Even I was a Girl Scout at one time. For a short time, I think I got two badges but I don't remember what they were now. I was thrown out because the Girl Scots and Boy Scouts had a joint party and I knifed one of the Boy Scouts. I didn't kill him, what was the big deal!

The scouts should just stop calling themselves Girl or Boy Scouts, just Scouts. Which are shrinking in favor of the more traditional Trail Life groups.

It had a good run. Now it's over.

At this rate, in 20 years it will be considered sexist to call someone a man or a woman...everyone will be referred to as a person or people.....:laugh:

In the early days of this country it was "Goody". Instead of Mr. Or Mrs. everyone was Goody.

Why did it take this long for heterosexuals to finally realize that males and females have to work together to have happy lives and get things done? We have been led for so long by so stupid and ignorant "leaders" to segregate ourselves and to hate each other. If a person is heterosexual, he or she must spend his or her life in relationships with the other sex. If you are a male who is heterosexual, go find, love, support a female person. If you are a female who is heterosexual, you go do the same thing with a male heterosexual person.
What the Scouts here are doing is trying to heal this division between males and females. So good for them. So many people are caught up in some bizarre thing involving women, and involving LGBT people, which makes no sense.
Good for the Boy Scouts. Such a wonderful thing to acknowledge that we are all on this earth together and we all march into the future together.

I suppose there's nothing wrong with Scouts going co-ed. It's been WAY too long since I had anything to do with it to know what that would mean for scouting troops today. I think the camping trips could get awkward, though.
really?

Slippery slope!
Slippery slope!

Just like they didn't get together at summer camps.

th

They can get together with girls at school too
Yet we have coed schools
maybe that's the point. in all other aspects of our lives we *must* mingle. what is the harm in just leaving this alone?

You have something there. There is so much forced mingling with phony interaction, men have been socially withdrawing from women for a while now.

Just another example of the critically and tragic stupidity of progressives to erase sexual differences. Both physical and mental.
Boys and Girls are different. And it is a good thing. A good thing that our education system is trying hard to eradicate.
really?

Slippery slope!
Slippery slope!

It's just like the argument against women in the military. Sex always comes to the forefront of concerns. Now that you've explained how the camping trips are structured, it's probably no more likely that the Girl Scouts will be getting pregnant than sending them to the dance.

Why did it take this long for heterosexuals to finally realize that males and females have to work together to have happy lives and get things done? We have been led for so long by so stupid and ignorant "leaders" to segregate ourselves and to hate each other. If a person is heterosexual, he or she must spend his or her life in relationships with the other sex. If you are a male who is heterosexual, go find, love, support a female person. If you are a female who is heterosexual, you go do the same thing with a male heterosexual person.
What the Scouts here are doing is trying to heal this division between males and females. So good for them. So many people are caught up in some bizarre thing involving women, and involving LGBT people, which makes no sense.
Good for the Boy Scouts. Such a wonderful thing to acknowledge that we are all on this earth together and we all march into the future together.
It sounds good on paper, as long as the boys don't take over and dominate like they do everywhere else. I don't see anything wrong with Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. Just doing things together for big confabs sounds fine, though.

When I was in Girl Scouts, back in the dark ages, we got cooking and sewing badges. I wonder if the boys will be doing those too. Maybe it's already a choice--I don't know.
My GS leader was not an outdoorsy type AT ALL. We went on one picnic and she forgot the charcoal. We did crafts and poisoned our families with our cooking.
when i was in the 6th grade (pretty much at the height of my boy scout career) we had a choice for elementary school.

cake decorating or bike repair.

only me and 1 other guy took cake decorating. we caught a lot of hell at first and then, after they were done fixing a flat tire, they saw me and him in a room full of girls eating cake.

suddenly we were the smart ones. :)

i don't know why people have to think that an organization that caters to a select group is bad. some things it seems they want torn down for no good reason other than it's there. this is one of 'em.

If I could go back to my high school days, i'd try to take Home Ec.
Too late. Most schools don't offer it anymore.

`
`

I think it's an excellent idea, for city folk. I live in rural northern Wisconsin on a sizeable chunk of wooded land. I moved up here from Milwaukee about 11 years ago. I support the Boy Scouts in allowing girls to join. Yes......it should all be considered, just "Scouts."

`
`

I think it's an excellent idea, for city folk. I live in rural northern Wisconsin on a sizeable chunk of wooded land. I moved up here from Milwaukee about 11 years ago. I support the Boy Scouts in allowing girls to join. Yes......it should all be considered, just "Scouts."
Then the boy scouts and girl scouts are over. It's just scouts.

Then the scout leaders will wonder why there aren't as many scouts as there used to be.

I hope we get more fing moron tweets from liddle rocketman trump over this. There has GOTS to be dissing of the Anthem & Flag in there somewhere

It sounds good on paper, as long as the boys don't take over and dominate like they do everywhere else. I don't see anything wrong with Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. Just doing things together for big confabs sounds fine, though.

I don't believe anyone would have a problem with the two scouts getting together for certain events, meetings etc. I am sure they have been doing that for years.
Putting them together all the time is just nuts.
All a part of the emasculation of our youth. Schools have been doing this now for over a decade. And what do we have? A generation of boys that don't know how to be men. Spineless, weak little whiners that make terrible fathers. Horrendous work ethics, have no idea what sweat equity is...can't drive a nail, probably never even used a hammer in their lives.

As someone said above...count on it...there will come a day when children are discouraged to call boys - boys and girls - girls. Sounds ridiculous now, but not half as ridiculous as 4 year old boys whose parents are considering hormone treatments because their pre-schooler wants to be a girl...you think 10 years ago this would happen????

I know very little about the boy scouts/girl scouts, but is there a female equivalent to eagle scout for the girl scouts? I do think it's retarded that they're letting girls into the boy scouts. But I don't have any problem with letting girl scouts earn the rank of eagle scout as girl scouts.

Christians have been boycotting the scouts for the a few years now.
`
Not all. Twice a year I have both a Boy and a Girl scout troop from Milwaukee county, travel up here, to use my land to do camping. The girls love it just as much as the boys. They are sponsored by Catholic schools.

Forum List

Back