Boy Admits he didn't go to Heaven!!!

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
This is funny, only because the Funditards have been claiming this kid's testimony proves heaven existed.

Boy Says He Didn t Go To Heaven Publisher Says It Will Pull Book The Two-Way NPR

Nearly five years after it hit best-seller lists, a book that purported to be a 6-year-old boy's story of visiting angels and heaven after being injured in a bad car crash is being pulled from shelves. The young man at the center of The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven, Alex Malarkey, said this week that the story was all made up.

Gee, how could a kid named "Malarkey" lie?

"I did not die. I did not go to Heaven," Alex wrote. He continued, "I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible."

Right. That would be the book with talking snakes and the unicorns and the Zombies.

LOL

ok then lol

c'est la vie...you live you lie to earn a penny

sad yes

Sad.

I wondered when the story came out. Not a big nde fan. Especially for profit.

saw the movie and it didn't have the right feel.

This is not the Heaven is for Real child, this was a dad wanna be pushing his child to lie after the success of Heaven is for Real came out. This one I had never even heard about so I would guess many questioned their story.

This is not the Heaven is for Real child, this was a dad wanna be pushing his child to lie after the success of Heaven is for Real came out. This one I had never even heard about so I would guess many questioned their story.

I've babysat many six-year-old children . . . putting faith in the testimony of a little boy of this age that exclaims with nose-picking childhood glee, "vroom vroom" while pushing his toy car on a kitchen floor is beyond the pale of sanity. Shame on all adults that swallowed this tale of religious let-a-child-lead-them madness. ~ Susan

This is funny, only because the Funditards have been claiming this kid's testimony proves heaven existed.

Boy Says He Didn t Go To Heaven Publisher Says It Will Pull Book The Two-Way NPR

Nearly five years after it hit best-seller lists, a book that purported to be a 6-year-old boy's story of visiting angels and heaven after being injured in a bad car crash is being pulled from shelves. The young man at the center of The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven, Alex Malarkey, said this week that the story was all made up.

"I did not die. I did not go to Heaven," Alex wrote. He continued, "I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible."

Right. That would be the book with talking snakes and the unicorns and the Zombies.

I didn't even hear about this. Somebody trying to imitate Pastor Todd Burpo's success with Heaven is for Real?

A six year old said "People have profited from lies and continue to?" That sounds like an adult, not a six year old.

Well, exactly. Standard Christian Heaven isn't nearly as cool a Mormon Heaven where you get to fuck hundreds of spirit wives and rule your own planet.

So you were disappointed his imagination wasn't as cool as yours?

A six year old said "People have profited from lies and continue to?" That sounds like an adult, not a six year old.

The kid is now a teenager, and if you go into some of the other accounts, he didn't get the money that was made off of these books.

Heaven, Hell, God, all of that is made up. It's a tool used to help convince people that dying for governments and faiths is worth doing.

Forum List

Back