Bought gas lately?

While the price of gas going down is good for everyone, it still does not address the issue of all the revenue that goes offshore to countries that don't hold our best interests at heart. T. Boone Pickens who was everyones friend duing the crisis announced today that he was cutting back on his efforts and cutting back on his planned wind farm in Tx. I submit now is the best time for our country to address these issues as the price of oil and additionally the price of gas will go back up as it always does. Now is not the time to encourage companies like GM, Ford and Chrysler to build even bigger SUV's and trucks only becuase the price of fuel is down. It is the time to innovate and finally address the issues of energy and end this countries need for foreign sources of energy and to use ALL our resources to do it.

While the price of gas going down is good for everyone, it still does not address the issue of all the revenue that goes offshore to countries that don't hold our best interests at heart. T. Boone Pickens who was everyones friend duing the crisis announced today that he was cutting back on his efforts and cutting back on his planned wind farm in Tx. I submit now is the best time for our country to address these issues as the price of oil and additionally the price of gas will go back up as it always does. Now is not the time to encourage companies like GM, Ford and Chrysler to build even bigger SUV's and trucks only becuase the price of fuel is down. It is the time to innovate and finally address the issues of energy and end this countries need for foreign sources of energy and to use ALL our resources to do it.
The time to drill, drill, drill is now while the price is low so we won't see prices spike as much as they did this past summer.
But I fear the electorate has a short memory.

There needs to be innovation in the energy market, but at the same time, an expanded drilling plan that keeps prices down and one less pressure-point on the economy. This also reduces our plan on foreign oil.

Don't forget, Pickens is an oil man. He made his money on oil. If oil is no longer used, his oil investments will go good bye. ( Im not implying anything here.... just pointing out a possibility).

One or the other is foolish. Doing both is the ONLY viable solution

Enjoy it guys. Once the economy begins to recover, wham! we get hit again.

There needs to be innovation in the energy market, but at the same time, an expanded drilling plan that keeps prices down and one less pressure-point on the economy. This also reduces our plan on foreign oil.

Don't forget, Pickens is an oil man. He made his money on oil. If oil is no longer used, his oil investments will go good bye. ( Im not implying anything here.... just pointing out a possibility).

One or the other is foolish. Doing both is the ONLY viable solution

I have not forgotten the fact Pickens is an oil man and is prime motivation is T. Boone Pickens. I am a big advocate of using all available resources at our disposal to address this issue, domestic oil and natural gas, nuclear,wind, solar, bio, coal, and so on. IMHO to leave any energy alternative on the table would do nothing but further this countries dependance on foreign sources of energy. With Russia and Iran becomming major players in the Natural Gas markets , that IMO provides even more evidence for our nation to end this dependance.

Things we should do right now...

Require that all new 18 wheel trucks and public vehicles run on natural gas.

Require fuel efficiency standards for all cars and use tax incentives to encourage the production of electric cars in America.

Start a Manhatten Project for American Energy Independence to develop wind, solar, clean coal, biofuels(algae not corn), and safe nuclear technology.

Like the race to the moon, set a goal to reduce our dependence on foreign oil by 70% in 10 years.

It can be done. All it takes is the political will.

Things we should do right now...

Require that all new 18 wheel trucks and public vehicles run on natural gas.

Require fuel efficiency standards for all cars and use tax incentives to encourage the production of electric cars in America.

Start a Manhatten Project for American Energy Independence to develop wind, solar, clean coal, biofuels(algae not corn), and safe nuclear technology.

Like the race to the moon, set a goal to reduce our dependence on foreign oil by 70% in 10 years.

It can be done. All it takes is the political will.

and all your money--pay up.

I thought you could only sell Hummers in Nevada.

My comment was meant to be sarcastic. People seem to think as soon as the price of gas goes down ... it okay to start running those "gashogs" again. :doubt: But I did a search and you can still buy them in California ... the closest to us is in Fresno.

Michael Chevrolet Cadillac HUMMER located in Fresno near Merced, providing new and used Chevrolet, Cadillac, and HUMMER cars, trucks and SUVs in Fresno, serving Merced.

No! I do not drive a Hummer and have no plans to do so. :lol:

My comment was meant to be sarcastic. People seem to think as soon as the price of gas goes down ... it okay to start running those "gashogs" again. :doubt: But I did a search and you can still buy them in California ... the closest to us is in Fresno.

Michael Chevrolet Cadillac HUMMER located in Fresno near Merced, providing new and used Chevrolet, Cadillac, and HUMMER cars, trucks and SUVs in Fresno, serving Merced.

No! I do not drive a Hummer and have no plans to do so. :lol:
um, this isnt what he was talking about

hummer-h2-sut.jpg

Ok, since you are a mind reader now ... what was he talking about :confused: Or do you always speak for other's?
i'm not reading anyones mind
it was very plain what he was talking about
go read it again and think about what is legal in Nevada

i cant believe it actually has to be explained to you

i'm not reading anyones mind
it was very plain what he was talking about
go read it again and think about what is legal in Nevada

i cant believe it actually has to be explained to you

Originally Posted by dilloduck
I thought you could only sell Hummers in Nevada.

Ok .... So explain it to me, since I obviously did not understand what he meant. Guess I am not as suave, cultured, polished, smooth-tongued, or worldly as you, but I am sure you read between the line's. What did he mean?

Ok .... So explain it to me, since I obviously did not understand what he meant. Guess I am not as suave, cultured, polished, smooth-tongued, or worldly as you, but I am sure you read between the line's. What did he mean?
Urban Dictionary: Hummer

since the car hummer is sold in ALL 50 states, think about what is legal in Nevada

Thanks for the education. I am glad you have at least some kind of dictionary that you use. Now, why don't you try to find something to help you with grammar. :clap2:
yeah, you get shown to be a fucking moron, so you attack grammar

Forum List

Back