Bought first AR

Lots of jams.

What position is the empty case in when it locks up, and how often, what brand ammo, and how many rounds have you fired ?

+

He made a comment that it jammed a lot. He is correct. I would say it was short stroking because the barrel is a tad too short but I could be wrong. It appears to be a failure to feed though. The ammo appears to be Remington Peters low base #6s or BB shot. And I've fired well over 5 million rounds out of all sorts of machine guns.

What does that matter? It jams a lot. It's a prototype. Fix it. Don't get defensive.

Lots of jams.

What position is the empty case in when it locks up, and how often, what brand ammo, and how many rounds have you fired ?

+

He made a comment that it jammed a lot. He is correct. I would say it was short stroking because the barrel is a tad too short but I could be wrong. It appears to be a failure to feed though. The ammo appears to be Remington Peters low base #6s or BB shot. And I've fired well over 5 million rounds out of all sorts of machine guns.

What does that matter? It jams a lot. It's a prototype. Fix it. Don't get defensive.

Pleas forgive me. I thought CMike said he was having lots of jams with his new rifle. I did not even think about the video. Sorry all. I was not being defensive, just confused. But yeah. it did jam a bunch. I assumed it was because of the shape of the shotgun shells, and that they hung up entering the breach.

+

Pleas forgive me. I thought CMike said he was having lots of jams with his new rifle. I did not even think about the video. Sorry all. I was not being defensive, just confused. But yeah. it did jam a bunch. I assumed it was because of the shape of the shotgun shells, and that they hung up entering the breach.

No worries. I would still say (based on the way it started to jam) that it is short stroking as it gets dirty. When it was clean it ran like a top. As it got dirtier the fun stopped. A longer barrel gives you more recoil energy to work with.

+

Lol please don't jinx it.

+

No worries. I would still say (based on the way it started to jam) that it is short stroking as it gets dirty. When it was clean it ran like a top. As it got dirtier the fun stopped. A longer barrel gives you more recoil energy to work with.

That is a stumpy barrel. I bet its LOUD to. I have never messed with much belt fed anything. My AR was my first venture into gunsmithing, and my last. Was an awesome project, but I wont be doing it again. I did get to try a belt fed upper on an AR lower that was full auto. That jammed a bunch after a belt or two. But to be fair, it was .22 long rifle bulk brand X.

CMike, I doubt you will have any issues with your gun.

Forum List

Back