Bought first AR

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
I fiinally bought my first AR.

It's a S&W M&P Model-15.

It has an Eotech sight.

I shot it today and had a blast. The bullet went where I put the red dot.

AR5.jpg

AR6.jpg

AR7.jpg

Last edited:
I fired a seized AR-15 in N. Ireland, and an M-16 at RAF Lakenheath which hosts a Liberty Wing assigned to United States Air Forces in Europe. This was during the time when the British Army was still fielding the utterly disastrous and entirely inadequate SA80 A1 that was plagued by mechanical failures from day one. After we'd had more than a few shots on the M-16, the overall consensus among enlisted and commissioned alike was that the British government should've bought the M-16 instead of plowing millions of pounds and promises into a weapons platform that consistently failed and jammed. Many senior ranking staff wrote to the Ministry of Defence to that effect, too.

That's not me being complimentary or sycophantic towards US kit, it's just saying how it was. Thank god we swallowed our pride and handed the whole thing over to Heckler and Koch for a much-needed overhaul. The resulting SA80 A2 replaced our faith and was - not to mention still is - a blast to shoot.

I fiinally bought my first AR.

It's a S&W M&P Model-15.

It has an Eotech sight.

I shot it today and had a blast. The bullet went where I put the red dot.

AR5.jpg

AR6.jpg

AR7.jpg

Congratulations on your purchase of one of the most versatile weapon systems on the planet. I built mine from a parts kit on a Bush Master lower. Its almost all retro. Next on your list should be one of thees-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX7vwivR6cE]MY BELTFED 12 GAUGE UPPER RECEIVER - YouTube[/ame]

You will need a class III FFL though.

I always found it somewhat humorous that the Germans had to modify the SA80 for the British in order to make it a reliable combat weapon. :cool:

If it's supposed to fold, spindle, or mutilate, the Germans are usually pretty good at it.

Forum List

Back