Boris Johnson distinguishes Brexit from Donald Trump's 'America first' policy

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
5168.jpg

Boris Johnson appeared to distance Britain from Donald Trump on Friday, saying that the country’s decision to leave the European Union should not be likened to the Republican presidential candidate’s “America first” isolationist foreign policy.

The foreign secretary also claimed European countries had shown a willingness to move quickly to reach a settlement on the terms of Britain’s exit from the trade block and insisted that a “balance can be struck” between free trade and the free movement of workers.

Speaking at the United Nations in New York, on his first official visit to the US in his new role, Johnson dismissed a suggestion posed by a reporter that Trump’s campaign pledge to “put Americanism before internationalism” might bear “similarities to Brexit”.

“I would draw a very, very strong contrast between Brexit and any kind of isolationism,” said Johnson, going on to claim that “Brexit means us being more outward looking, more engaged, more energetic, more enthusiastic on the world stage than ever before.”

just gutless. the tide has turned. anyone with vision can see, we won't have any more overpopulation.

I'd be thrilled if i wasn't a tranny. as it stands, you all come to my house?... well who wants to be first to die, cave chimps.

“Nativism … xenophobia or worse” is behind the triumph of Brexit and the support for Donald Trump, railed President Barack Obama in Ottawa.

Obama believes that resistance to transformational change in the character and identity of countries of the West, from immigration, can only be the product of sick minds or sick hearts.

According to The New York Times, he will spend the last months of his presidency battling “the nativism and nationalism” of Trump and “Britain’s Brexiteers.”

Will the West Survive the Century?

View attachment 82634

Boris Johnson appeared to distance Britain from Donald Trump on Friday, saying that the country’s decision to leave the European Union should not be likened to the Republican presidential candidate’s “America first” isolationist foreign policy.

The foreign secretary also claimed European countries had shown a willingness to move quickly to reach a settlement on the terms of Britain’s exit from the trade block and insisted that a “balance can be struck” between free trade and the free movement of workers.

Speaking at the United Nations in New York, on his first official visit to the US in his new role, Johnson dismissed a suggestion posed by a reporter that Trump’s campaign pledge to “put Americanism before internationalism” might bear “similarities to Brexit”.

“I would draw a very, very strong contrast between Brexit and any kind of isolationism,” said Johnson, going on to claim that “Brexit means us being more outward looking, more engaged, more energetic, more enthusiastic on the world stage than ever before.”

Actually they're the same thing. They're both hope based around some kind of rhetoric that won't give actual hope at all. People want to believe, believe that Brexit will make their lives better being free from the EU, believe that being isolationist will make the US have jobs again...

the reality is anyone who sees what is actually needed to make countries get back on their feet, will see that what these guys are coming up with is nonsense.

Forum List

Back