Boris in court for brexit lies.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Boris Johnson must go to court over 'Brexit bus lies' | Metro News

Boris Johnson must go to court to face accusations he lied in his repeated claim that the UK sends £350 million a week to the EU.
District Judge Margot Coleman ruled the Tory leadership candidate can be summonsed to court to face accusations of misconduct in public office.
The case centres round statements made by Mr Johnson during the 2016 Brexit referendum that were displayed on the side of a bus.

Well it just gets better and better. A politician on trial for lying. Donald must be shitting himself if the idea catches on.

Lying in the most cases isn't a good thing of course. But, is there a paragraph in British criminal codex (or how it is called there) which prohibits lying?

Boris Johnson must go to court to face accusations he lied in his repeated claim that the UK sends £350 million a week to the EU.
District Judge Margot Coleman ruled the Tory leadership candidate can be summonsed to court to face accusations of misconduct in public office.
The case centres round statements made by Mr Johnson during the 2016 Brexit referendum that were displayed on the side of a bus.

Well it just gets better and better. A politician on trial for lying. Donald must be shitting himself if the idea catches on.

Well, tainty, they had to do something after Nigel wiped the floor with your stalinist buddies.

Well, tainty, they had to do something after Nigel wiped the floor with your stalinist buddies.

You know how to identify a paranoiac?

I'll tell you. There inevitably is an inevitably unidentified "they" who did something cleverly undefined, reacting to something they couldn't have known at the time "they" did whatever it is "they" did. Such as, like, muddled timelines...

Mr Ball's lawyers lodged an application in February to summons Mr Johnson, claiming that while an MP and mayor of London, he deliberately misled the public during the first campaign, and repeated the statement during the second.​

... or wild-eyed suspicions of world-class goons, such as Nazis or Stalinists.

You're special, though, as in your depiction the Stalinists would be at the receiving end of some treatment, but that was for no purpose other than to flame the OP, which was the entire purpose of your non-contribution, right? Buddies...

Lying in the most cases isn't a good thing of course. But, is there a paragraph in British criminal codex (or how it is called there) which prohibits lying?
_107147463_55e02e4e-65ad-4316-a2c0-75c44b313728.jpg

This is the nub of it. It was a lie. But Boris and his chimps kept repeating it because it played well with the low infos.

He is being charged with "misconduct in a public office" which is an old law and one that I suspect is about to be brought right up to date.

From the BBC -

Johnson to appear in court over £350m claim

What is misconduct in public office?
  • It's an ancient offence with roots back to the 13th Century
  • It can only be brought against someone who is exercising some kind of official function - such as a civil servant, a prison officer or someone else entrusted to carry out a public role
  • Someone is guilty of the offence if a prosecution can prove that the official wilfully neglected to perform their duty - or "misconducts" themselves - to such a degree that it amounts to an abuse of the public's trust in the office holder
  • The offence can lead to life imprisonment

There is no argument that he lied. However I cant see him doing time over it. The really exciting thing is to read the reactions of other politicians. They are appalled as you can well understand. FWIW I imagine that Blair will be watching this one with some interest.

I also don't believe, as some have said, that he or Gove have a chance at becoming PM. A lot of the Tories don't want Brexit with no deal.

There is no argument that he lied. However I cant see him doing time over it. The really exciting thing is to read the reactions of other politicians. They are appalled as you can well understand. FWIW I imagine that Blair will be watching this one with some interest.

Of course he lied. I also cannot see him doing time. My guess would be that they will define his mendacious campaigning as NOT part of his official function - so that would not be "misconduct in public office". Blair, I suspect, sleeps well, at least not disturbed over this suit.

The most important thing is that BoJo's lie will be spread out in public, again, again, and again. Every time that lawsuit is mentioned, that lie at the center of the Brexit campaign will be in the news again. That should have some cumulative effect even on the most bone-headed of low-info voters. Or so I would hope...

This is the nub of it. It was a lie. But Boris and his chimps kept repeating it because it played well with the low infos.

He is being charged with "misconduct in a public office" which is an old law and one that I suspect is about to be brought right up to date.

From the BBC -

• It can only be brought against someone who is exercising some kind of official function - such as a civil servant, a prison officer or someone else entrusted to carry out a public role
  • Someone is guilty of the offence if a prosecution can prove that the official wilfully neglected to perform their duty - or "misconducts" themselves - to such a degree that it amounts to an abuse of the public's trust in the office holder

I see, so there is a legal basis for it. It is hardly possible that he will get serious punishment.

The timing is interesting for such a case. I hope that this won't prevent him from becoming PM. I would like to see a hard Brexiter in this role to see how they sort out a mess they caused.

Of course he lied. I also cannot see him doing time.
Maybe he'll get fined.
I also don't believe, as some have said, that he or Gove have a chance at becoming PM. A lot of the Tories don't want Brexit with no deal.
He has to get into the first two before he gets to charm the blue rinses. There might be enough remainers to ensure someone like **** gets to the final two and so he needs to be the top brexit. He isnt particularly popular amongst his brethren and there is a chance that they will back Gove or Raab. I rather suspect that his support will come from frothers like Rees Mogg.

Its all going to be great fun in a summer without a world cup.

Hmm what if politicians were sent to jail when it could be proved they lied and knew they were lying? Hmm...

From the BBC -

I see, so there is a legal basis for it. It is hardly possible that he will get serious punishment.

The timing is interesting for such a case. I hope that this won't prevent him from becoming PM. I would like to see a hard Brexiter in this role to see how they sort out a mess they caused.
Its been rumbling for 2 years now. Remainers were incensed that they could get away with such a blatant lie. It is likely to affect his chances. But dont worry, most of the others are hardcore so a brexiteer will probably be the next PM.

Hmm what if politicians were sent to jail when it could be proved they lied and knew they were lying? Hmm...
Its a great way to clean the swamp. This crowdfunding is a great addition to the democratic process. Maybe one day you will have a lying shit for a President and you can use this tool.

Yes, but only in the Sharia-compliant amendments section which The Tainted One considers his/her/its "Bible".

Meanwhile, same entity faithfully prays that Red Jeremy will be his/her/its new Prime Minister.

Are you still crying you're pretty little eyes out over the Euro elections?

Why ? We won.

Why ? We won.
So now you're a Nigel Farage fan? Go figger.

From the BBC -

How much was he off by? You have to prove the actual value to even begin to consider his statement a lie.

From the BBC -

How much was he off by? You have to prove the actual value to even begin to consider his statement a lie.
He doubled the amount by ignoring the rebate we get.

Forum List

Back