Boris in court for brexit lies.

Lying in the most cases isn't a good thing of course. But, is there a paragraph in British criminal codex (or how it is called there) which prohibits lying?
_107147463_55e02e4e-65ad-4316-a2c0-75c44b313728.jpg

This is the nub of it. It was a lie. But Boris and his chimps kept repeating it because it played well with the low infos.

He is being charged with "misconduct in a public office" which is an old law and one that I suspect is about to be brought right up to date.

From the BBC -

Johnson to appear in court over £350m claim

What is misconduct in public office?
  • It's an ancient offence with roots back to the 13th Century
  • It can only be brought against someone who is exercising some kind of official function - such as a civil servant, a prison officer or someone else entrusted to carry out a public role
  • Someone is guilty of the offence if a prosecution can prove that the official wilfully neglected to perform their duty - or "misconducts" themselves - to such a degree that it amounts to an abuse of the public's trust in the office holder
  • The offence can lead to life imprisonment

There is no argument that he lied. However I cant see him doing time over it. The really exciting thing is to read the reactions of other politicians. They are appalled as you can well understand. FWIW I imagine that Blair will be watching this one with some interest.

How much was he off by? You have to prove the actual value to even begin to consider his statement a lie.
He doubled the amount by ignoring the rebate we get.

How much is the rebate? what is the details of the rebate? Is the rebate something that always happens or is it something more unscheduled?

I just opened up debate on the topic, you can't give me a hard number, thus the issue of lying is clearly in question.

This is some moron using a centuries old unused law to fluff his own self ego. Typical progressive virtue signaling.

Lying in the most cases isn't a good thing of course. But, is there a paragraph in British criminal codex (or how it is called there) which prohibits lying?

This is the nub of it. It was a lie. But Boris and his chimps kept repeating it because it played well with the low infos.

He is being charged with "misconduct in a public office" which is an old law and one that I suspect is about to be brought right up to date.

From the BBC -

• It can only be brought against someone who is exercising some kind of official function - such as a civil servant, a prison officer or someone else entrusted to carry out a public role
  • Someone is guilty of the offence if a prosecution can prove that the official wilfully neglected to perform their duty - or "misconducts" themselves - to such a degree that it amounts to an abuse of the public's trust in the office holder

There is no argument that he lied. However I cant see him doing time over it. The really exciting thing is to read the reactions of other politicians. They are appalled as you can well understand. FWIW I imagine that Blair will be watching this one with some interest.

How much was he off by? You have to prove the actual value to even begin to consider his statement a lie.

How much is the rebate? what is the details of the rebate? Is the rebate something that always happens or is it something more unscheduled?

I just opened up debate on the topic, you can't give me a hard number, thus the issue of lying is clearly in question.

This is some moron using a centuries old unused law to fluff his own self ego. Typical progressive virtue signaling.
You dont want information because you have already decided. Go fuck yourself.

He is actually only a billion out.
£350 million EU claim "a clear misuse of official statistics"

The point is that he knew he was lying.

He was wrong by about £100 million per week, not counting EU funds flowing back to the UK. That would be about £5.2 billion.

He was lying even more outrageously as he raised the impression the funds would, post Brexit, be used to fund the NHS. With Tories in power, that won't happen.

What a creep. Now they are defending his mendacity under the motto of "defending democracy".

He was wrong by about £100 million per week, not counting EU funds flowing back to the UK. That would be about £5.2 billion.

He was lying even more outrageously as he raised the impression the funds would, post Brexit, be used to fund the NHS. With Tories in power, that won't happen.

What a creep. Now they are defending his mendacity under the motto of "defending democracy".
We knew they were lying but hey ho. isnt it great that politicians are held to account ?

From the BBC -

You dont want information because you have already decided. Go fuck yourself.

and you will find any reason no matter how retarded to fuck with people who disagree with you politically.

Even if its utter bullshit.

Britannia cries if you are the example of what's left in your country.

We knew they were lying but hey ho. isnt it great that politicians are held to account ?

I prefer politicians taken to account by voters, well informed by fact checkers and a vibrant press, actually. And we both agree he'll not likely be indicted, much less convicted.

I also realized I expressed myself horribly. Here is what I actually tried to say:

He was wrong by about £100 million per week. That would be about £5.2 billion per year. And that falsehood would be even bigger when we add EU funds flowing back to the UK.

I prefer politicians taken to account by voters, well informed by fact checkers and a vibrant press, actually. And we both agree he'll not likely be indicted, much less convicted.

I also realized I expressed myself horribly. Here is what I actually tried to say:

He was wrong by about £100 million per week. That would be about £5.2 billion per year. And that falsehood would be even bigger when we add EU funds flowing back to the UK.
Its a free hit really. Lots of politicians will be looking at this case and it may cause them to amend their behaviour in future.

Sorry, girls.....the case has been thrown out of court:

Boris Johnson court case THROWN OUT after attempt to prosecute over 'NHS Brexit lies'

And for those who are mandated to believe only those things that appear in the failing New York Times, a small shippet:

LONDON — Britain’s High Court on Friday threw out an attempt to prosecute Boris Johnson, the top contender to replace Theresa May as prime minister, over accusations that he lied to the public during the 2016 referendum on Brexit.

Mr. Johnson, a former foreign minister, was told last week that he had to address in court three counts of misconduct in public office over his Brexit claims. Those included a message painted on a campaign bus that said Britain paid 350 million pounds, or $440 million, every week to the European Union, money that he said would be injected into the country’s National Health Service after Britain exited the bloc.

Please DO try to keep up.....

Forum List

Back