Border Agent's Sentence Commuted

Bush didn't pardon the men for their crimes, but decided instead to commute their prison sentences because he believed they were excessive and that they had already suffered the loss of their jobs, freedom and reputations, a senior administration official said.

Pardoned and commuted are two very different things with different criteria.

The agents would not have been pardoned since they have no admitted guilt or remorse. Excessive sentences and suffering? Sounds like the Libby justification.

Apparently, idiocy can run rampant on these boards. They weren't pardoned; they're sentences were commuted, meaning they will get out of jail after serving over two years each, but their convictions were upheld.

The sentences they received were extremely excessive.

how so?

I do not go along with the idea that they were just doing their jobs. They did try to cover things up and obviously knew they had stepped beyond the law, therefore, a pardon was not given. As it turns out, the guy they shot wasn't just an innocent Mexican trying to find a better life. He was a drug runner bringing over 750 pounds of contraband into this country.

Either way, this was a long time coming, and I'm glad Bush made the right decision.

Bush didn't pardon the men for their crimes, but decided instead to commute their prison sentences because he believed they were excessive and that they had already suffered the loss of their jobs, freedom and reputations, a senior administration official said.

Yeah, losing your job and getting a bad rep is tough enough. Let's let every murderer out of prison. They've suffered enough.

lets see didnt these two guys...shot an guy in the ass or back...then cover it up...wow i am so glad bush pardoned them....what a fucking joke...just cause they are border agents doesnt make them above the law

So? If I think someone is shooting at me I could care less where they get hit when I fire back.

The sentences were too harsh. Period. Commuting them was the right thing to do.

So? If I think someone is shooting at me I could care less where they get hit when I fire back.

The sentences were too harsh. Period. Commuting them was the right thing to do.

Lets not forget, they shot somebody that was in the act of committing a crime and refusing to follow simple directions (halt, stop) from a law enforcement officer.

One of the most messed up things in this country is we all of the sudden started treating the criminals as if they were victims.

Lets not forget, they shot somebody that was in the act of committing a crime and refusing to follow simple directions (halt, stop) from a law enforcement officer.

One of the most messed up things in this country is we all of the sudden started treating the criminals as if they were victims.
So why did they not report what they did? Why did they try to cover it up?
Because they shot an unarmed man in the back.

Half the damn border agents are on the take down there anyway and help the lawbreakers more than they harm them. Give them a medal for at least shooting at the bad guys instead of getting paid to look the other way.

Bush haters can just put this on their long list of bitches but I'm glad he gave these guys some slack.

Last edited:
Hald the damn border agents are on the take down there anyway and help the lawbreakers more than they harm them. Give them a medal for at least shooting at the bad guys instead of getting paid to loo kthe other way.

Bush haters can just put this on their long list of bitches but I'm glad he gave these guys some slack.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Really, as if the Bush haters needed a reason.

Half the damn border agents are on the take down there anyway and help the lawbreakers more than they harm them. Give them a medal for at least shooting at the bad guys instead of getting paid to look the other way.

Sounds like you're saying they killed the guy because he wouldn't pay them a bribe.

I would not be surprised if that was so. Someone who would shoot an unarmed guy in the back is low enough to do that.

No one deserves to die for smuggling marijuana.

Sounds like you're saying they killed the guy because he wouldn't pay them a bribe.

I would not be surprised if that was so. Someone who would shoot an unarmed guy in the back is low enough to do that.

yeah? maybe, but look at all the folks who die cause they do smuggle drugs! What about them? Huh? What about them?

ang, you're doing it again

they didnt kill anyone
the guy they shot is still alive and he actually was used to testify against them
a clear outrage that a mexican drug runner got away with that should piss you off

if it was a good shot why did they cover it up? remember its never the crime....its the cover up

The problem I have with this is that Bush knew the facts 2 years ago. If Ramos and Campeon weren't worthy of a pardon then, why are they worthy of one now? Bush should be put on trial for this. You don't play with the freedom of American citizens.

Once again for the stupid and slow, he did not Pardon them, he commuted their sentence. He decided that 2 years in prison was enough of a punishment.

Forum List

Back