Border Agent's Sentence Commuted

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Bush Commutes Sentences for Two Former Border Patrol Agents

On his last full day in office, President Bush commuted the sentences of two former Border Patrol agents convicted of shooting a Mexican drug runner in 2005.

The imprisonment of Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean had sparked outcry from critics who said the two were just doing their jobs. They had been sentenced to 11- and 12-year sentences, respectively.

Their prison sentences will now expire on March 20 of this year.

The two were sentenced in connection with the shooting of Osvaldo Aldrete Davila, who was shot in the buttocks while trying to flee along the Texas border. He admitted smuggling several hundred pounds of marijuana on the day he was shot and pleaded guilty last year to drug charges related to two other smuggling attempts

Bush Commutes Sentences for Two Former Border Patrol Agents | Political News - FOXNews.com

Good News, I just hope they are safe and are able to find decent paying jobs for they paid a heavy price to do their job!

lets see didnt these two guys...shot an guy in the ass or back...then cover it up...wow i am so glad bush pardoned them....what a fucking joke...just cause they are border agents doesnt make them above the law

lets see didnt these two guys...shot an guy in the ass or back...then cover it up...wow i am so glad bush pardoned them....what a fucking joke...just cause they are border agents doesnt make them above the law

Bush didn't pardon the men for their crimes, but decided instead to commute their prison sentences because he believed they were excessive and that they had already suffered the loss of their jobs, freedom and reputations, a senior administration official said.

I already posted this STORY down in Immigration.. but in honor of President Bush let me post this

[YOUTUBE]kiEZCqTo1Bg[/YOUTUBE]

Compeán was patrolling a section of border with another agent (Ignacio Ramos) when they spotted a man crossing the border. They stopped him in a van containing 743 pounds of marijuana,[1] but he ran. Compeán said he thought the suspect had a gun and was going to shoot him so he fired at him first. His shot missed but his partner, hearing gunfire, fired in order to defend Compeán and hit the suspect in the buttocks. They lost sight of the man but said they saw him on the Mexican side of the border. They did not believe he had been injured so they did not report the incident.[2][3]

Jose Compean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After a two-week jury trial, Compeán was found guilty on 11 counts, including discharging a firearm during the commission of a violent crime, which by itself carries a federally mandated 10-year minimum sentence. Without that charge, both agents involved would have received far shorter sentences. Instead, Compeán was sentenced to 12 years in prison, and his partner, Ignacio Ramos, was sentenced to 11 years in prison.[2] Aldrete Dávila was granted immunity to testify against the two agents and received six border crossing visas to come to the United States and testify.[4]

them are some real heros

Bush didn't pardon the men for their crimes, but decided instead to commute their prison sentences because he believed they were excessive and that they had already suffered the loss of their jobs, freedom and reputations, a senior administration official said.
Doesn't every person in prison suffer form loss of freedom and reputation?

point taken...still dont agree with it...and the fact that they are viewed as the nifoned ones....

Bush is not a cowboy. By far he isn't.

He's my cowboy hunny bunny,, he's my cowboy!

besides you little snot nosed twit you may not remember this, Bush's enemy's always called him "cowboy" with a smirk. I'm smirking now.

Last edited:
They shot to stop him not shoot to kill, hence why they got shot in the ass.
They were "DOING THEIR JOB" spin that however you want but the fact is they were doing their job.

They were convicted because of a hyper sensitive political people who were trying to get illegal immagraition bill passed. It was all a stunt if you ask me.

I cannot wait until they get out and write a book to tell the entire story! I'll buy that book just to contribute to helping them recoup earnings lost by a lying DA.

The problem I have with this is that Bush knew the facts 2 years ago. If Ramos and Campeon weren't worthy of a pardon then, why are they worthy of one now? Bush should be put on trial for this. You don't play with the freedom of American citizens.

Forum List

Back