Border Agent's Sentence Commuted

The problem I have with this is that Bush knew the facts 2 years ago. If Ramos and Campeon weren't worthy of a pardon then, why are they worthy of one now? Bush should be put on trial for this. You don't play with the freedom of American citizens.

True, but I'm just thankful they are set free. They can hug their wives again, see their children. and hopefully not be too bitter. Mercy, is a wonderful thing.

I think in my opinion anyway, that Bush is a very busy man and he wasn't up to speed about it all but rather had his advisor's inform him about this case. My bet is he wasn't totally aware of it all.

lets see didnt these two guys...shot an guy in the ass or back...then cover it up...wow i am so glad bush pardoned them....what a fucking joke...just cause they are border agents doesnt make them above the law

Apparently, idiocy can run rampant on these boards. They weren't pardoned; they're sentences were commuted, meaning they will get out of jail after serving over two years each, but their convictions were upheld. The sentences they received were extremely excessive.

I do not go along with the idea that they were just doing their jobs. They did try to cover things up and obviously knew they had stepped beyond the law, therefore, a pardon was not given. As it turns out, the guy they shot wasn't just an innocent Mexican trying to find a better life. He was a drug runner bringing over 750 pounds of contraband into this country.

Either way, this was a long time coming, and I'm glad Bush made the right decision.

Terry, I don't believe Bush didn't know. His press secretary spoke on this issue. He knew. He played with the freedom of American Citizens. He has to pay for it.

I think in my opinion anyway, that Bush is a very busy man and he wasn't up to speed about it all but rather had his advisor's inform him about this case. My bet is he wasn't totally aware of it all.

I disagree. The man who prosecuted and imprisoned these men is one of Bush's good friends. He knew!

Willow, you're right. The most important thing is that these two men will no longer be in prison. My only question is, why wait until March 20?

Gee, if I shot a shot a fleeing, unarmed person and then lied about it, you'd think I could get my sentence commuted too?

It's about context Robert. Provided you could demonise the person using a combination of his or her voluntary actions and possibly their membership of a despised underclass you'd be sitting pretty - I wouldn't advise it though, these things can be a bit fluid :lol:

It's about time that dumb fucker in the White House finally decided to do something right for a change.

Did you know that dirtbag drug runner was also given a cross the border free pass on several occasions BY THIS COUNTRY?

Nope....Ramos and Compean deserve to be free. Too bad Bush only throws around full pardons for his cronies.

Bush didn't pardon the men for their crimes, but decided instead to commute their prison sentences because he believed they were excessive and that they had already suffered the loss of their jobs, freedom and reputations, a senior administration official said.

Exactly!:clap2:

Finally Bush did something right! The men were doing their job and some activist liberal open border judge went against his oath of upholding the constitution and put these 2 behind bars. This is a long time coming.

However, the damage is already done. From what I heard a lot of border partol officers are very afraid to do their job for fear of a similar treatment, not violent cartel and drug runners have a huge upper hand on America!

The problem I have with this is that Bush knew the facts 2 years ago. If Ramos and Campeon weren't worthy of a pardon then, why are they worthy of one now? Bush should be put on trial for this. You don't play with the freedom of American citizens.

Exactly! Even though this is a long time coming, Bush still fucked up by waiting too long!

Exactly! Even though this is a long time coming, Bush still fucked up by waiting too long!

He didn't pardon, he commuted. Perhaps for reasons stated? Thought terms were draconian, doesn't mean two years was.

They discharged their weapons and didn't make a report. That means they knew it wasn't right. That said, they were taking out the trash and they shouldn't have the 12 years put on them. It should have been a max of 3 and, of course, all of the administrative stuff (loss of job, never be a cop again etc etc).

They discharged their weapons and didn't make a report. That means they knew it wasn't right. That said, they were taking out the trash and they shouldn't have the 12 years put on them. It should have been a max of 3 and, of course, all of the administrative stuff (loss of job, never be a cop again etc etc).

So, who would want to "be a cop again" under those kinds of conditions?

Both wives are on Glenn Beck this afternoon. Their joy is overflowing. I am so happy for them.

It's about time that dumb fucker in the White House finally decided to do something right for a change.

Did you know that dirtbag drug runner was also given a cross the border free pass on several occasions BY THIS COUNTRY?

Nope....Ramos and Compean deserve to be free. Too bad Bush only throws around full pardons for his cronies.

i concur with ya Sailor......

Forum List

Back