BOOM: UPS Fires 250 Union Workers for Refusing to Work

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap: Good they don't want to work they can look somewhere else for employment. I wish more companies will follow suit .. We do NOT need unions any longer

Yea, let's go back to 80 hour workweeks, no overtime pay, childhood labor, no holidays, no job safety, we don't need no stinking unions.

ahh yes..Once again a lib plays the all or nothing straw man card...
Hey love lumps...Guess what. Since the decline of unions began 50 years ago, not one single labor passed to protect workers has been repealed...

What you just said has nothing to do with the fact that the south are the poorest in the nation. Nothing

standard of living is a much better measure than average income. You don't see people moving from georgia to michigan do you? nope. what you do see is a lot of people and companies moving south. Texas has a large net increase in population for instance, whereas new jersey and michigan have net decreases.

AHAHAHA Good to see that you arent trying to fight reality anymore. They are shit poor and Lovebear is whistling pass the graveyard because her hubby makes good money. Fuck the entire rest of the south its all about some dumb chick named Lovebear and her hubby :badgrin:
Thanks Mr Bitter Loser..

standard of living is a much better measure than average income. You don't see people moving from georgia to michigan do you? nope. what you do see is a lot of people and companies moving south. Texas has a large net increase in population for instance, whereas new jersey and michigan have net decreases.

IF I lived in Georgia, I'd move to Michigan in a heartbeat.

I had a business in Atlanta.

It was a HORRIBLE town.

Every time it rained these huge trees would topple over and knock out the electricity.

The cops were really corrupt and constantly hit me up for money to "guard" my bar on their off hours.

The work ethic is terrible.

The best part of Atlanta? Leaving.

I don't think much of Atlanta either. However, that city is hardly representative of the Southeast US...
Besides, the main reason Atlanta is in such a state is because of the makeup of the dominant political ideology....Liberal. Same for Charlotte, Raleigh, Columbia, SC, Jacksonville, FL...All of the "New South cities are running off their conservative voting bases. People are voting with their feet.

Personally?

I'd like to see UPS pack and go.

They are a pain in the ass. They are constantly blocking people in their parking spots and double park everywhere.

We have a constitutionally guaranteed post office as well.

The Money should go to them.

Fuck UPS.

right, UPS is making a profit and providing good service. the USPS is losing millions and providing average service.

let UPS and Fedex have it all, do away with the USPS, we would get more for our money.

Well no.

USPS' problems stem from onerous laws passed by congress.

But all this is not the postal service's biggest financial headache.

The majority of the service's nearly $16 billion loss last year stemmed from a 2006 law Congress passed forcing it to pay into future retiree health benefits, something no other agency does. That was $11.1 billion of the year's total loss.

An independent agency, the service gets no tax dollars for its day-to-day operations but is subject to congressional control. Many analysts lament that it has to manage 500,000 employees, a fleet of 212,000 vehicles and thousands of pieces of automated equipment but is not allowed to make what they say are typical business decisions.

"Congress should give the agency authority it needs to act like a real business," says Geddes, the Cornell professor, meaning respond to customer demand by controlling prices and adjusting levels of service when needed.

Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe announced a plan for that in February, saying he'd save perhaps up to $2 billion annually by cutting Saturday delivery of first-class mail starting in August but continuing six-day delivery for its growing package service.
Postal Service Loses Money Even As It Gains More Customers
Blah blah blah...The pension issue...
Ok, then explain why first class mail volume is down over 20% in the last 10 years.

I had a business in Atlanta.

It was a HORRIBLE town.

Every time it rained these huge trees would topple over and knock out the electricity.

The cops were really corrupt and constantly hit me up for money to "guard" my bar on their off hours.

The work ethic is terrible.

The best part of Atlanta? Leaving.

sorry, swallow, but there a millions of trees still standing in Atlanta. The cops probably harrassed you because you were either running an illegal book or selling drugs in your bar. I am quite sure the Atlanta does not miss your sorry ass.

where in dumbfuckistan do you live now? how much do you pay those cops to look the other way on your illegal activities?

Well Redfag..you can keep your commie little city.

One of the most corrupt shitholes I ever had the displeasure of being in.

Did you live in the large faggot community they had there?

Never seen so many faggots in my life.

Hmm. Your homophobic commentary is going to cost you your lib Card..
What a hypocrite.....You are on here supporting gay rights, gay marriage and then in this thread you are spewing "faggot" all over the place.

Yea, let's go back to 80 hour workweeks, no overtime pay, childhood labor, no holidays, no job safety, we don't need no stinking unions.

there are laws against those things. the unions are nothing but cash cows for the dem party. and you are right, we don't need no stinking unions.

Unions are why we have those laws, unions are why we've kept those laws. Without unions, it'll be a fast track back to the bottom.

Tootsie.....Only 7% of the US private sector workforce is unionized.
Now unless I've been out of the country for the last 10 years, there is absolutely no evidence to support your rantings.
At this point, I will advise you to get another hobby. Because you suck at this one.
Trust me, as much as you screech, no one is going to kneel at the Union Altar.

Wildcat strikes are problematic for the workers; they have no official protection. If the union is weak, the company can act with impunity as is the case here.

Lovebears is silly when he says unions are not needed. Corporate would return workers to the 1920s and 1930 if they could. They can't, thank heavens.

If you think the union at UPS is weak...well, you confirm you're a stupid shit.

Going back to when I worked at Big Brown, I was told the Teamsters and UPS had an "understanding".
The driver that told me this and I quote, "The company has the union by the balls. They sold us up the river." I remember those words like it was yesterday.
Now that was 1984...Obviously it is probable that the terms of the present contract are somewhat different.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap: Good they don't want to work they can look somewhere else for employment. I wish more companies will follow suit .. We do NOT need unions any longer

Looks like there's a lot more to this story.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ups-fires-250-employees-staging-143805147.html

There always is:

The company dismissed 20 of the workers after their shifts Monday and issued notices of termination to another 230 employees, notifying them that they will be fired once the company has trained their replacements, UPS spokesman Steve Gaut told Business Insider.

The workers were protesting the dismissal of longtime employee and union activist Jairo Reyes, who was fired over an hours dispute, according to Gaut. The New York Daily News first reported on the firings.

<<

Those 230 should walk out now and not give them time to train their replacements.
Oh that will look great on their resumes.
Look, if you get fired from UPS for cause, your chances of getting a decent job are over.
Sort of like a Dishonorable Discharge from the US Armed Forces.
Those 250 people should have thought about that before they went off and violated the terms of their union agreement.

sorry, swallow, but there a millions of trees still standing in Atlanta. The cops probably harrassed you because you were either running an illegal book or selling drugs in your bar. I am quite sure the Atlanta does not miss your sorry ass.

where in dumbfuckistan do you live now? how much do you pay those cops to look the other way on your illegal activities?

Well Redfag..you can keep your commie little city.

One of the most corrupt shitholes I ever had the displeasure of being in.

Did you live in the large faggot community they had there?

Never seen so many faggots in my life.

Hmm. Your homophobic commentary is going to cost you your lib Card..
What a hypocrite.....You are on here supporting gay rights, gay marriage and then in this thread you are spewing "faggot" all over the place.
Sallow is like most Statist Libs on these boards...chastises for use of a term...and then turns around and uses the very same when it suits him...HYPOCRITE, and then will feign ignorance when you catch him.

He's a waste of protoplasm.

Uh yeah, she said that the south is doing fine without them. If by "fine" she means "poor as fuck" then shes right.
What an elitist Scumbag view you have...:eusa_hand:

Did it hurt your precious sensibilities? Tough....The South is poor as shit, thats what she means by "we are fine" and shes Marie Antoinette saying everything is fine while ignoring whats happening

I thought you libs are fighting the good fight against stereotypes?
Oh that's right....Only when those PC Protected Classes are stereotyped....If it is not a PC group, it's open season..
You are a square wheel stick in the mud hypocrite.

right now the PO is using real time tracking just like the other guys.....BECAUSE....they are delivering many of their packages .....IF they are so bad WHY is UPS and Fed-X using the PO to deliver a hell of a lot of their parcels to the houses?...its called "the last mile delivery"...if they are as bad as you say they are WHY would these two companies do this with their parcels?.........WHY did Amazon give the PO this Billion Dollar Contract and not the other guys?.....

Because any idiot can deliver a package the "last mile"? Kinda hard to lose something when it's damn near to it's destination.

But not impossible. From another board...

"I owned a DDG for a long, long time and eventually sold it on eBay after acquiring a mint condition copy. Well, I sent it in a padded envelope. The mailman folded the hardcover book so that it could fit into the buyer's mailbox. Luckily I shipped with insurance, but that was a wonderful book that now has permanent crease lines on the covers and is irrevocably ruined. I felt bad for the buyer, even though she got her money back from the Post Office. Now I ship hardcovers in boxes."
then he had a dumbass mail carrier.....a Fed-X driver left a Computer and Monitor at the door of a vacant house on my route and it poured rain like a mother fucker that night and the next day....it was there a few days before the neighbor called them and told them about it....im sure it was a nice computer too....

Because any idiot can deliver a package the "last mile"? Kinda hard to lose something when it's damn near to it's destination.

Dude...I'm telling you my experience with Fedex,USPS and UPS.
I've received 4 to 5 packages a month for at least the last seven years.
Dont really care for FedEx,they are on par with the USPS. I've had the best luck with UPS.
Thats a fact!!! Maybe it's my location,but considering I live in the fourth largest city in America I find that hard to believe.
I dont work for UPS,yet you work or worked for the USPS. YOU have a biased opinion!
I'm telling you what I've found with ZERO bias. I have no reason to lie.

really? ...and you just got through saying how fucked the PO is....you know what dude....you are just another long line of dipshits on the outside looking in that have no comprehension of what goes on but you think you do......you sound like Katz does with Pot on this topic....clueless....

I have ZERO bias. You on the other hand have worked or still work for the USPS.
I have no reason to lie,I'm just telling you my experience.
I dont care for FedEx either and I've had better success with UPS then either carrier.
I have no agenda....just experience.
Maybe it's my location,but living in the fourth largest city in America I find that doubtful.
No reason to get bent.

im retired from there.....but i know how much the other guys fuck up too....and this coming from their employees.....i just get sick of hearing how bad the PO is when those other carriers seem to fuck up just as much.....the reason Amazon picked the PO to deliver their stuff is because they sent stuff through all 3 for a time to see who did the job better....well you see who won...

So UPS then has less NYC business, and closes more offices/transit centers, and lays off people for no reason instead of firing people for breaking their contract.

Personally?

I'd like to see UPS pack and go.

They are a pain in the ass. They are constantly blocking people in their parking spots and double park everywhere.

We have a constitutionally guaranteed post office as well.

The Money should go to them.

Fuck UPS.
Oh Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
You can't stand that your beloved government entity the USPS has competition...
The USPS in it's present form, sucks.....
the upper management sure as hell does.....

Wildcat strikes are problematic for the workers; they have no official protection. If the union is weak, the company can act with impunity as is the case here.

Lovebears is silly when he says unions are not needed. Corporate would return workers to the 1920s and 1930 if they could. They can't, thank heavens.

If you think the union at UPS is weak...well, you confirm you're a stupid shit.

Going back to when I worked at Big Brown, I was told the Teamsters and UPS had an "understanding".
The driver that told me this and I quote, "The company has the union by the balls. They sold us up the river." I remember those words like it was yesterday.
Now that was 1984...Obviously it is probable that the terms of the present contract are somewhat different.

the drivers i knew on my route were not that happy with the Teamsters.....they had the same attitude about them....

Forum List

Back