Boogie to Baghdad and Clinton Passed up 6 changes at OBL

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Clearing out my home office and I had a ton, I mean a TON of articles I clipped about 93 WTC and bin Laden and 9/11 and I found these two interesting enough to mention here:

"National-security adviser Sandy Berger suggested that the U.S. send just one U-2 flight, but the report says Clarke worried that even then, Pakistan's intelligence service would warn bin Laden that the U.S. was preparing for a bombing campaign. "Armed with that knowledge, old wily Usama will likely boogie to Baghdad,"

"Saddam Hussein wanted bin Laden in Baghdad."

"If Bin Ladin actually moved to Iraq, wrote Clarke, his network would be at Saddam Hussein's service, and it would be "virtually impossible" to find him."

Byron York on 9/11 Commission Report on National Review Online

I also found a Chicago Sun Times article April 4 2004 "Did rules foil effort to kill bin Laden?"

Wherein it is written, "CIA backed fighters had about 6 opportunities to attack bin Laden, usually while he was traveling near his Afghan base, the report sai. Each time, the plan was abandoned because bin Laden took a different route or security was too tight or because it was feared innocents would be killed"

Forum List

Back